2021 Roster Thread XIX - Who's In Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
You really need to not be so selective about what information you digest before giving others advice.

It has already been mentioned/beaten to death about why obtaining Jones is a not great idea. You just choose to actively ignore all the context, it's quite tiresome. There's video examples of his play that shows he's not a good blueline entry defender and etc. I'm sure there are highlights as well of his play.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I know I'm falling right into the trap but the guy wants to play all high and mighty and can't even have a conversation without bringing up some random "it's an echo chamber" bullshit.
Lies. I'm willing to have an intelligent conversation with anyone on this board who is willing to do the same. The problem is there are a lot of people who don't want to do that and are only here to push agendas and/or troll.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
You really need to not be so selective about what information you digest before giving others advice.

Take 2 seconds to use Google and you will find several articles about his "elite" level being a myth.
The concern is what the moron GM is gonna pony up for that "elite" status he seems to be hypnotized by.

The twitter stuff is nonsense, but the concern about his value is real
Put in some legwork perhaps and let's not have another Drouin fiasco

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
upload_2021-6-29_12-14-6.png

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Take 2 seconds to use Google and you will find several articles about his "elite" level being a myth.
The concern is what the moron GM is gonna pony up for that "elite" status he seems to be hypnotized by.

The twitter stuff is nonsense, but the concern about his value is real
Put in some legwork perhaps and let's not have another Drouin fiasco
From advanced stats, yes. From people who just watch hockey and judge players on what they see, not so much. Seth Jones is a prime example of where advanced stats are massively flawed.

Considering most of the people on this board think advanced stats are the end all be all, and also still think to his day that the Hextall rebuild is going to pay off, it's not even remotely surprising that the majority of people don't want him. That and group think of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
From advanced stats nerds, who pleasure themselves to the mere thought of numbers and charts, yes. From people who just watch hockey and judge players on what they see, not so much. Seth Jones is a prime example of where advanced stats are massively flawed.

Considering most of the people on this board are nerds who think advanced stats are the end all be all, and also still think to his day that the Hextall rebuild is going to pay off, it's not even remotely surprising that the majority of people don't want him. That and group think of course.

Must be why people on here that predicted signing Simmonds to a contract extension would be a bad idea. Guess what? It totally would of been.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Must be why people on here that predicted signing Simmonds to a contract extension would be a bad idea. Guess what? It totally would of been.
Simmons was a 30 year old PF who was already in decline at the time. Jones is in the middle of his prime at 26 years old. You couldn't have come up with a worse comparison if you tried.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know I'm falling right into the trap but the guy wants to play all high and mighty and can't even have a conversation without bringing up some random "it's an echo chamber" bullshit.

Lies. I'm willing to have an intelligent conversation with anyone on this board who is willing to do the same. The problem is there are a lot of people who don't want to do that and are only here to push agendas and/or troll.

30 seconds later...

Considering most of the people on this board think advanced stats are the end all be all, and also still think to his day that the Hextall rebuild is going to pay off, it's not even remotely surprising that the majority of people don't want him. That and group think of course.

:laugh:

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Sure he's top pairing.

Big problem is there's a good chance Chuck gets bent over on the trade and contract. I think that's everyone's main issue.
And Jones will be the 3rd best Dman on the Flyers, after Provy and Sanheim too. I don't see the point of giving up prime assets (players plus picks) for a meh guy. It's just stupid, and so I expect Chuckles the Sad Clown, #MediocrityPersonified, to be all in.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Spoketh the truth

JVR has two 60 point seasons in his career and the last one came five years ago. Acting like he is a lock for 60 points is laughable. In 19-20 he had 42 points in 78 games including the playoffs and the vast majority of Flyers fans wanted to give him away.

As for Jake, he should producing a hell of a lot more than 60 points considering his cap hit is over 8 million.

Lastly, the person tweeting that forgot to include in that ''worst case scenario'' that it would result in the same group of core players who hasn't won anything being brought back.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
And Jones will be the 3rd best Dman on the Flyers, after Provy and Sanheim too. I don't see the point of giving up prime assets (players plus picks) for a meh guy. It's just stupid, and so I expect Chuckles the Sad Clown, #MediocrityPersonified, to be all in.
Add another to the ever growing list of people on this board who thinks Sanheim is better than Jones. You can't even make this shit up.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He already saw Niskanen bounce back after a bad year in Washington so he is probably confident he is smarter than everyone else and the Jones trade will work out too. He's wrong of course.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Mostly.

That doesn't mean he's using his players as optimally as possible. Pointing at coach usage of players as proof of their value is never a good idea.
I agree it certainly isn't the end all be all but it's a factor. I only made that post to point out that there is two sides to the coin in terms of how good coach like Torts chose to deploy his players including Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad