Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
We just lost most of our depth. Coleman likely gone too, so we lost our entire 3rd line and arguably our best player on the 4th line in the playoffs. Hopefully we can get some cup chasing free agents for cheap to replace this huge gap in our depth. I wish TJ nothing but the best. He was an awesome team player and looked really good this playoffs.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'll admit I'm a little disappointed with the Johnson trade. Not because of the cap relief TB gets, but because JBB hyped up getting creative with the cap.

LTIR is what we did last season.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Not a huge fan of Elliott but I guess it depends just how awful the Flyers D really was the past two seasons. Certainly Hart didn't fare any better behind them. I don't know if Reimer would be interested for an amount we could offer but his numbers seem like a more clear upgrade.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Stamkos - ABB
Colton - Cirelli - Joseph
Maroon - Stephens/Smith - Katchouk

Not bad at all. Definitely can plug a veteran forward into this lineup somewhere. I'm not a big fan of Stephens, would like to see somebody else in his spot. Could also see us moving Colton onto the 4th line to free up a winger spot for Raddysh.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I'll admit I'm a little disappointed with the Johnson trade. Not because of the cap relief TB gets, but because JBB hyped up getting creative with the cap.

LTIR is what we did last season.
Getting rid of a $5M cap hit on a twice unsuccessfully waived player for a 2nd and you're disappointed because LTIR was the mechanism for doing so?! This is a team going for history and you're worried about optics? As long as the LTIR rules are what they are (yup, they're f*cking ridiculous), use them.

Reactions: gn2007

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Stamkos - ABB

Not bad at all. Definitely can plug a veteran forward into this lineup somewhere. I'm not a big fan of Stephens, would like to see somebody else in his spot. Could also see us moving Colton onto the 4th line to free up a winger spot for Raddysh.
That’s like the 3rd person I’ve seen rail against Stephens. What’s wrong with him? He’s fast, has the potential to score more… what’s not to like for a bottom 6 player?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Getting rid of a $5M cap hit on a twice unsuccessfully waived player for a 2nd and you're disappointed because LTIR was the mechanism for doing so?! This is a team going for history and you're worried about optics? As long as the LTIR rules are what they are (yup, they're f*cking ridiculous), use them.
It's not cheating if there's no innovation.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
That’s like the 3rd person I’ve seen rail against Stephens. What’s wrong with him? He’s fast, has the potential to score more… what’s not to like for a bottom 6 player?
the biggest knock on stephens is he cant stay healthy. how much time do you want to invest in someone that potentially wont be able to play a full season. especially when you are one of the cup favorites?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

It's been a long time since his injury but I haven't ever felt that he brings what I'd want out of a bottom six role. A player who wins puck battles and drives possession. He's not a very physical player, but he's got decent positioning defensively. I don't see the offensive potential but he had pretty good production in Syracuse. I just feel like I'm always wanting more from him, or that there is a better option out there for the 4th line. Maybe he would be better suited as a winger.

Wester

Oct 5, 2020
Hungary
LTIR doesn't really matter in this occasion, we have the same amount of space with or without Seabrook

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Palat - Point - Kucherov
Killorn - Stamkos - ABB

Well it is what it is still a strong 1st line ABB is going to flame out 3rd line going to be disappointing. 20 games in Cirelli or Colton will be forced to the 2nd line because ABB is not going to make it putting Stammer back on the wing. Then the 3rd is smoked. The D will be relying on Foote to take another step forward we think he can. Injuries on D is going to be a problem heck injuries anywhere now id going to be a issue the depth is gone. Glad Killorn is safe and a bit happy Palat is safe also.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015

I'm not sure how we extend Point without moving another player. I know you can go over the cap in the offseason, by 10 percent I believe, but opening night how do we fit in another 8-9 million? Especially since we have five more spots to fill which will cost at least 3.75m.

edit: Nevermind I forgot he has a year left on his deal and the new one wouldn't kick in until next year.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Venzio X

Apr 24, 2013
I'm not sure how we extend Point without moving another player. I know you can go over the cap in the offseason, by 10 percent I believe, but opening night how do we fit in another 8-9 million? Especially since we have five more spots to fill which will cost at least 3.75m.
Point has one more year left. It would be extension.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Stephens does get way too much unwarranted hate. The guy hasn't even played a full season yet and he's not asking for much. He's a developing player and depth player, let him develop and see what we have in him before shitting on him.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He deserves a chance but it's always annoying when a 4th liner gets hurt so often. Same issue with Paquette though he was able to establish himself far more before his injury woes.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
well goody was bad gordie added some hurt tyjo sucked but losing pickles is killing me i gave out the deal where he is headed on his tagged post :( extremely sad to lose him great to see what he GOT he got paid

savard and paquette got deals with montreal locked up savard is 4 years no money yet waiting on it :(

and p.s. pppppssss coleman does not goto booins or pens SUCK THAT NUMBER ! bs hahaha

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Glad Coleman and Goodrow got their paychecks but can't help but feel those contracts aren't gonna look great. Especially Goodrow's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad