Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I think we maybe try to move a kid out? There's really not any room for all of Barre-Boulet, Katchouk and Raddysh. Could also maybe move Joseph or Stephens in the right deal? To me the Bogosian deal means Rutta is gone next year, the Bellemare deal means Maroon is gone. Get vets in now so the transition is seamless and the kids aren't forced to take on as big a role just yet.

The waivers eligibility of those guys makes it tough, I agree that we might have to trade one of them. We may get an extended look at all of them for the first part of the season depending on who's unfit to play (Killorn?).

Reactions: Lord Stan 2020

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't want to roll with that line in the playoffs most likely (but I also forgot ABB in there so Cirelli may slide down). A third line of Colton - Cirelli - Katchouk/Joseph? That could work well.

But yeah - my guess is at the deadline we're going to be in the market for another Coleman/Goodrow type player to solidify our third line. Which is fine and probably better asset management than trying to do that today.
We have the 1st rounder to give up. but we might not have any cap space to take more than one player. We could do what we did with Savard, give up 2 picks, add a third team to the trade to take away the cap hit. bit we'll have like barely any cap space by the deadline, unless some unscene injury occurs.

For the record, I agree with what you posted. We'll need to upgrade he 3rd line. At least a C. I like Colton and Joseph together though.

Reactions: Lord Stan 2020

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We have the 1st rounder to give up. but we might not have any cap space to take more than one player. We could do what we did with Savard, give up 2 picks, add a third team to the trade to take away the cap hit. bit we'll have like barely any cap space by the deadline, unless some unscene injury occurs.

For the record, I agree with what you posted. We'll need to upgrade he 3rd line. At least a C. I like Colton and Joseph together though.
ya i agree too we need another body for third a good center ......im not sure on joseph at all...i love colton....but is a couple spots i question but we did great after losing so many and a full line to be where we stand now....just think we need a couple tweeks or are gonna need a couple....as far as he money? i think we got go ahead to grab some more ltir lol myself so not worried being short at trade deadline we like our window vinik seems to like partying with kucherov ....i dont see us not going for it after the seabrook move....just my two cents...i told todd yesterday that thought we might be doing the ltir thing again then boom there was seabrook i dont think thats all we will do....i think jbb and vinik are like well you want to bitch about 18 milly we will keep doing it haha thanks god to the best owner in sports !!

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

200w.gif

Umm, yeah, he can....

giphy.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
JFBB just executed a f***ing MASTERCLASS today. Holy f*** how good it feels.

When are we adding a second F to his name? The guy deserves all the praises in the world

Julien f***ing Frankenstein Brisebois?

Julien Freaking f***ing Brisebois?

Julien Francis Famotadine Brisebois?

The possibilities are endless folks

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Julien f***ing Frankenstein Brisebois?

Julien Freaking f***ing Brisebois?

Julien Francis Famotadine Brisebois?

The possibilities are endless folks
I was thinking more like Julien Frickety Fricking BriseBois, but your options go well too

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I believe if we sign our six RFA guys we'll be at our 50 contract limit, so I guess we're done bringing new guys in unless we trade someone away.

Reactions: SnakeIdol

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
read it all is one guy jumped out at me doubt yzerman doesnt do another deal to him but darren helm would be about as fast as coleman or anyone on this team hes fassttt he does have the jt brown syndrome lol of shooting into middle of goalie....but he gets a couple breakaways it seems daily lol...34 woulda been a good fit imo center good on pk etc...but as said doubt yzerman doesnt give him at least min value deal and keep him in house....won the cup as a rookie for detroit

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
So,

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Colton - Stamkos - ABB
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
Maroon - Bellemare - Katchouk/Smith

Hedman - Rutta
Mcdonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Bogosian/Foote

That 3rd line is probably our closest resemblance to what we had unless Colton or Katchouk fit that better. Stamkos needs a playmaker to thrive so maybe booboolay will be that guy.

I'm stoked about that defense. Cup winning group there.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
When/how did the Bellemare signing come about? Don't see it on the any of the lists. Was there something unusual about it that I don't see it?

Last edited:

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
According to CapFriendly we have abolut $3m of LTIR space left, with Foote, Colton, and ABB still not signed. Those 3 would put us at 22 player roster, and 47 contracts.

Plus Raddysh, Katchouk, and Day are unsigned RFA. If those 3 are signed it puts us at the max 50 contracts.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I dont understand Gusev hype. Im russian,and I would love to see more great russian players in Tampa,but Gusev. Ppl saying he is slow,he istn big,Point isnt big either,but he is strong and its almost impossible to dossconnect him with the puck,only if u are trying to kill him like MTL tried in game 4,Gusev isnt so strong,he will suffer in PO,he never showed anything in 1st line at FLA when he played with Barton,and Barton helped Verheaghe to look like elite top 6. Maybe I'm wrong about Gusev,and if he somehow gets here,he proves me I'm wrong I will apologise,but for me its better to give Colton a top 6 position and help him to fill in there and learn how to be a top 6 player faster than waste this time on Gusev.
Someone here put Gusev on 3rd line. Also waste of time,he's not gritty at all,I wish him all the luck,and I hope he can succeed in NHL ,but I just can't see how he can be filled in Tampa

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I dont understand Gusev hype. Im russian,and I would love to see more great russian players in Tampa,but Gusev. Ppl saying he is slow,he istn big,Point isnt big either,but he is strong and its almost impossible to dossconnect him with the puck,only if u are trying to kill him like MTL tried in game 4,Gusev isnt so strong,he will suffer in PO,he never showed anything in 1st line at FLA when he played with Barton,and Barton helped Verheaghe to look like elite top 6. Maybe I'm wrong about Gusev,and if he somehow gets here,he proves me I'm wrong I will apologise,but for me its better to give Colton a top 6 position and help him to fill in there and learn how to be a top 6 player faster than waste this time on Gusev.
Someone here put Gusev on 3rd line. Also waste of time,he's not gritty at all,I wish him all the luck,and I hope he can succeed in NHL ,but I just can't see how he can be filled in Tampa

Well for a period of time he was easily the best non-NHL player in the world and the problem is once he got here his lack of footspeed and poor skating has nullified any great attributes he has. How do you make a play or get into scoring position when you're slower than everyone else? Agreed on the lack of grit but that wouldn't be what he's used for

Reactions: Peacefool

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Well for a period of time he was easily the best non-NHL player in the world and the problem is once he got here his lack of footspeed and poor skating has nullified any great attributes he has. How do you make a play or get into scoring position when you're slower than everyone else? Agreed on the lack of grit but that wouldn't be what he's used for
Agree he was the best in KHL and I think his biggest mistake was to come to NHL too late. He should come to NHL in 23-25 cuz he was the best in KHL and teared everyone apart,but he never progressed. I was afraid that Kaprizov also will come to NHL too late,but he came just in time

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Grit is necessary in the playoffs regardless what you're used for. We had a lot of players learn that lesson the hard way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad