Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
So,

Palat - Point - Kucherov
Colton - Stamkos - ABB
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
Maroon - Bellemare - Katchouk/Smith

Hedman - Rutta
Mcdonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Bogosian/Foote

That 3rd line is probably our closest resemblance to what we had unless Colton or Katchouk fit that better. Stamkos needs a playmaker to thrive so maybe booboolay will be that guy.

I'm stoked about that defense. Cup winning group there.
Doubt very much Stamkos plays C

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Wasn't Killorn a center at one time, but he moved to wing as we had so many centers. Could he be the 3rd line C?

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
Ok, so it seems now that TB have all the tools to go for a 3rd straight cup! Only thing I am worried about is being able to reload mentally. Would like to see some sort of veteran signing of someone who hasn't won the cup. Creating a "Win it for Ray" feeling in the group!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Wasn't Killorn a center at one time, but he moved to wing as we had so many centers. Could he be the 3rd line C?
He was a Center in like college. Never played it except for spot duty due to injury in the NHL.

hollandhouse

Aug 28, 2016
Tampa
Please sign Gusev. He lives in Florida and is great friends with Kucherov. He will have 100 points playing on that first line.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Please sign Gusev. He lives in Florida and is great friends with Kucherov. He will have 100 points playing on that first line.
Yeah, going to doubt that.

I think at this point we won't see much but we'll still be in the market. I'd really like to see Joseph take a big step forward as a scoring line wingers, rather than a banger. Had 12 in 56 this season, and I do wonder with that speed if he can't bag a couple 20 goal seasons as a top six/nine guy.

Reactions: NatoGhost

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, going to doubt that.

I think at this point we won't see much but we'll still be in the market. I'd really like to see Joseph take a big step forward as a scoring line wingers, rather than a banger. Had 12 in 56 this season, and I do wonder with that speed if he can't bag a couple 20 goal seasons as a top six/nine guy.
If Joseph can keep his intensity up game to game and find some consistency, and find a way to be a positive when the goals *aren't* going in, I think we are going to be better than fine. He's great at carrying the puck through the NZ and at zone entries, fast as all get out, some good hands and pretty good vision, but I feel like when the goals aren't going in for him he loses his confidence everywhere else too.

Gotta have that Gourde in him. Make a difference every shift, even if it doesn't end up in the net. Be a real piece of shit.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

It's so crazy it might actually work :laugh:

If Panarin was on the team too it would be entertaining to think about, but not just Kucherov.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Yanni's wife just posted this :(
lpdeyy6ed6e71.jpg

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Ok, so it seems now that TB have all the tools to go for a 3rd straight cup! Only thing I am worried about is being able to reload mentally. Would like to see some sort of veteran signing of someone who hasn't won the cup. Creating a "Win it for Ray" feeling in the group!
I wouldnt say they have all the tools. Their bottom 6 (bottom 9) is pretty unproven.

Let me clarify: the bottom 6 is definitely unproven and our 2nd line does not work and needs to be reworked. We just had no space to rework it last year with the stellar 3rd line we had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad