Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We still need ppl for 3rd line..Joseph Colton ??
But 4th line could be sick,but from other side mych muuuuch slower than we had past 2 years
Colton - Stephens - Joseph ????
Maroon - Pierre - Perry

(idk about Pierre's speed), but god damn that will be the biggest pain in the ass 4th line to play against :laugh:

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Colton - Stephens - Joseph ????
Maroon - Pierre - Perry

(idk about Pierre's speed), but god damn that will be the biggest pain in the ass 4th line to play against :laugh:
I don't like Stephens in that third line, to be honest.
I'd rather play with Colton as a center, then Joseph and Raddysh.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Honestly would rather take a flyer on gusev than perry.

always thought he was a pos … not to mention he’s now been part of 2 straight finals losing teams lol

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't like Stephens in that third line, to be honest.
I'd rather play with Colton as a center, then Joseph and Raddysh.
Haven't seen a lot of Colton at C, no?
I think the 3rd line revolves around him though. Either that or let him gel with Stamkos and have Cirelli be the 3rd line anchor

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Honestly would rather take a flyer on gusev than perry.

always thought he was a pos … not to mention he’s now been part of 2 straight finals losing teams lol
The guy was great in both those loses and really pestered us. He wasn't the sole reason for those teams losses.

Dallas top 6 not producing
Price with an .800 save % and no offense

Perry was on two losing teams, but he was a great role player on those teams.

Reactions: Peacefool

Point21

Oct 23, 2018

JBB has his work cut out for him with the young guys. ABB, Raddysh, and Katchouk all require waivers to be sent down and we dont have cap to keep them as scratches. would be poor asset management if he tries to go the waivers route and loses them for nothing.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Haven't seen a lot of Colton at C, no?
I think the 3rd line revolves around him though. Either that or let him gel with Stamkos and have Cirelli be the 3rd line anchor
That's another interesting possibility.
I think Coop with try to play with Colton and Stammer in the same line

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
That's another interesting possibility.
I think Coop with try to play with Colton and Stammer in the same line
The kid showed promise. He played on the 2nd line (due to Killer injury) and thats where he scored the big cup winning goal ;)

They'll need to find the right balance for their 2nd and 3rd lines next season

Reactions: Fabiobest

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

JBB has his work cut out for him with the young guys. ABB, Raddysh, and Katchouk all require waivers to be sent down and we dont have cap to keep them as scratches. would be poor asset management if he tries to go the waivers route and loses them for nothing.

This is a decision that gets made in training camp. Let ABB, Katchouk, Raddysh, Smith, Stephens compete for the last 3 forward spots and find a home for the other two through trade (or waivers).

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It wouldn't be the worst thing to trade one for a decent pick. Obviously we wanna keep our young talent here but we are in full cup window now and sacrifices have to be made.

Reactions: Redleg

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Looks like we have a remake of the dirt line (Andreychuk-Taylor-Dingman) from 2004 for our fourth line

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The kid showed promise. He played on the 2nd line (due to Killer injury) and thats where he scored the big cup winning goal ;)

They'll need to find the right balance for their 2nd and 3rd lines next season
True story and I'm sure Coop will do it properly.
Meanwhile...our 4th line, with Perry,Maroon and Bellemare...it's a bloody line ahahahahahah

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
and an average age of 34.
I mean - I just don't see what the issue is with the deal. Perry still has some talent. Hands are still there. Still a piece of shit. Ideally we sit one of him or Maroon most games, but this gives us some flexibility and depth, plus a guy to "win it" for - which I think has value on a team that's had a ton of recent success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad