Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That was a tweet from last Saturday:

2otoOli.png

Strange coincidence that he called it 2 days ago.

Also means that he was right about the goalie movement...Dubnyk must have tested positive days ago.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
At least most (maybe all?) the team has been vaccinated already. Should help slow the spread
Hopefully, it's just another "close contact with someone outside the organization" thing like with Mikko, and he doesn't have it. Although, Mikko missed basically a week while meeting NHL protocols, even though he didn't have COVID. We still don't know which version of the vaccine those who chose to get it, got. If it was a 2-dose version, then they still have to have their 2nd dose here soon and they aren't "fully protected" yet (still 80% - 85% after first dose). If it was the 1-dose version, then they are probably OK by now.

Duuuuu came over after they'd already gotten their vaccines, right? So we don't know if he's been vaccinated yet (if he has it, then probably not).

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
They should get their 2nd dose right after a game ‘cause they will most likely feel like shit the next day. Or hopefully there is a 2-3 day break before the playoffs. They have to wait 28 days (after 1st dose) to get the 2nd dose, I believe.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hopefully, it's just another "close contact with someone outside the organization" thing like with Mikko

If that's the case then the team needs to enforce more severe rules. It's not normal that it happened 3 times to the Avs and either 1 or 0 time to the other teams.

Avs can't afford to have another bunch of people getting it and getting another week off.

Also we have a TON of injured players FFS...can't they f***ing be more careful with covid? (Yes, I'm mad).

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That was a tweet from last Saturday:

2otoOli.png

Strange coincidence that he called it 2 days ago.

Also means that he was right about the goalie movement...Dubnyk must have tested positive days ago.

Lets not gloss over the posters calling him a hack for baseless speculation.

Reactions: Balthazar

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
If that's the case then the team needs to enforce more severe rules. It's not normal that it happened 3 times to the Avs and eother 1 or 0 time to the other teams.

Avs can't afford to have another bunch of people getting it and getting another week off.

Also we have a TON of injured players FFS...can't they f***ing be more careful with covid? (Yes, I'm mad).
I’m f***en choked, man. This is ridiculous.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I thought the vaccine is supposed to make you not as sick if you get Covid? You can still transfer it to people if you have it?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Dubnyk played later that day, so what's the theory on that? It would seem mighty weird to risk it for freaking Dubnyk.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I gave him shit for baselessly speculating because that's exactly what he was doing. And Dubnyk played that night. I'd do it again, and I would do it to anyone else that did shit like that.

Dude was right. Regardless of what you think of him he gets a little credit here. I’m not personally a fan of him and had to unfollow him but it is what it is.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hoping it's just a close contact. I'm guessing he's still staying in a hotel in Denver, maybe someone in the hotel tested positive?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The Avs only have Grubauer, Dubnyk, and JoJo on the trip, and called up the other two on Saturday to give JoJo the crease that night in the AHL. Considering Dubnyk played the night of his speculation, seems like he might have gotten a little lucky.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
FTR, I don't mind being called out on something I did.

I don't think MacDonald was right here though. He literally called what he did 100% speculation, which was "COVID list won't be out until 3pm MST, but is it possible Dubnyk is on it?" Well the answer to that was "No", based on him not being on the list and him playing that day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad