Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It sounds like, at least @henchman24 has mentioned it, that Bowers hasn't exactly "wow'd" at C and may end up being a wing in the NHL. If that's the case then maybe the Avs shouldn't be fighting it and trying to force him into that role if he could still be an NHLer if he is converted over.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It sounds like, at least @henchman24 has mentioned it, that Bowers hasn't exactly "wow'd" at C and may end up being a wing in the NHL. If that's the case then maybe the Avs shouldn't be fighting it and trying to force him into that role if he could still be an NHLer if he is converted over.
He's mostly played wing this year, so I don't think the Avs are forcing the issue at center. Bowers has played better than his points would indicate... but he's also not even close to a call up. Kaut, Newhook, Sherwood (who has been excellent in Loveland), Tynan... and even Ranta have been more impactful.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I don’t see anything NHL caliber there with Bowers when I watch him. Hopefully he’s just a slow developer

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Bo and G would be a huge add to our team right now. Then 2 of Nemeth/MacD/Graves could sit. Bo and G are LD just like Graves and Nemeth, but sadly I just can't see Bednar sitting Graves. Timmy and MacD play RD so I doubt both of them come out and with how well Timmy has played I bet he's the one that sticks.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think that's a messed-up tweet. I think he meant to say Saad, not Byram. No one else mentioned Bo (ie: Dater, Baugh, Rawal, MacDonald, etc.) in any of their reports

Byram is skating in Denver. @tigervixxxen herself has seen him at the practice rink.

No idea of the tweet was inaccurate, but Bo is skating

Here's the video, Byram is skating with Girard and Saad.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, that Byram news isn't all that great. He's not mentioned as one of the guys closest to returning and he's not even able to get on the ice on some days.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
Dater is such a tool. He asks Bednar if they enjoyed a fun night on the town in Vegas. Bednar stone faced him and said no, we're still under COVID protocols until the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad