Injury Report: 2021 Injury Thread - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Damn, MacK down again. That hurts.

It sounds like he won’t play in either LA game. The injuries never let up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Damn, MacK down again. That hurts.

It sounds like he won’t play in either LA game. The injuries never let up.
He’ll be fine. The worst part of social media is you can’t pick up tone.

Bednar has no concerns. He says the injury bug got them in the playoffs last year and they’re doing what they can to avoid that again.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006

Bednar has no concerns. He says the injury bug got them in the playoffs last year and they’re doing what they can to avoid that again.
Anyone that isn't concerned about Mackinnon being hurt enough to miss these two huge games when the playoffs start in 4-5 days is nuts. And that's on top of the other guys we are missing

Reactions: Nihiliste

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Kento, can you elaborate on Bednar's tone? Because like you said, just reading it and seeing "hope is he's good for the playoffs" doesn't exactly instill confidence.

But you're right--tone is everything.

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
Kento, can you elaborate on Bednar's tone? Because like you said, just reading it and seeing "hope is he's good for the playoffs" doesn't exactly instill confidence.

He didn't sound too concerned in his tone but not sure that matters. If Mack is fine in 4 days he could easily tweak it

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Just sucks that they won’t have him to close out home-ice. Hopefully he’s 100% for the playoffs.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Tone was just very relaxed. Mentioned several notable things like how they would have pulled him from the Vegas game except Nate isn’t open about any pain he feels and wanted to play through it. Pretty sure Bednar even said the words “not serious”. He also noted that this was the plan with anybody with anything minor going on heading into the playoffs. The injury bug is what beat them last year and they’re resting guys to avoid it this year.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Mackinnon's injury is being made too specific. Unlike the Avs. I suspect mind games are being played with the rest of the West teams.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just sucks that they won’t have him to close out home-ice. Hopefully he’s 100% for the playoffs.
I agree but the Avs are back to icing the best defense in the NHL again tonight. Plus we know what Makar does with Nate out. Even without Mackinnon this lineup should absolutely stomp the LA Kings.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Tin foil hat time:

This is a no-backlash way to rest MacKinnon for the playoffs without it looking bad if the Avs don’t win the division/president trophy.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Good lord Evan need to be more careful with his wording and quotes, that's the second time now. I had a heart attack reading 'hope he's back by playoffs' rushed and listened to the interview Bednar sounds way more optimistic calling him 'day to day, expected to be back by the playoffs'. There's a big difference between 'hoping' and 'expected'.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I agree but the Avs are back to icing the best defense in the NHL again tonight. Plus we know what Makar does with Nate out. Even without Mackinnon this lineup should absolutely stomp the LA Kings.

Hopefully.

To their credit, they’ve done a good job of keeping the Avs to 3, or less goals this year in most games. Girard returning is huge.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Wonder which D sits tonight. Based on play, should be Nemeth. But that leaves the Avs D pretty small.

Toews-Makar
Girard-Graves
MacDonald-Timmins

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Bednar/Pratt seem to have a strong preference for some larger defensemen to play on the PK at least, no matter the current level of play of those larger defensemen. My guess is that Timmins is out in place of Girard. It could be MacDonald, but my bet is that it is Timmins.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Anyone else worried that while it's great Girard is coming back, he might not be the same level of skater since he could still have some lingering issues w/ this injury?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Bednar/Pratt seem to have a strong preference for some larger defensemen to play on the PK at least, no matter the current level of play of those larger defensemen. My guess is that Timmins is out in place of Girard. It could be MacDonald, but my bet is that it is Timmins.
Guessing it'll be MacDonald based on style and ice time from last game.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Anyone else worried that while it's great Girard is coming back, he might not be the same level of skater since he could still have some lingering issues w/ this injury?

Nah. Maybe it takes him a game to get up to speed, but I’m not concerned.

It wasn’t a serious injury and Girard is not usually a guy that takes a while to get his skating legs. I’d be more worried if it was Rantanen, or Makar. Those guys seem to take longer to get their legs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad