Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part V: To Giroux or not to Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I guess. Depends on the prospect going back, plus would much rather Jost go than JTC. I think he gets wrongly crucified around here.

Love him or hate him, he is not the player the Avs were hoping he'd develop into when they gave him that rather lucrative deal. Either way, he's gotta go.

I like Hagel quite a bit. Wouldn't mind if the Avs could somehow swing a deal that sent JTC the other way. Compher always plays his hometown team well, maybe they think there's something to be had in him...

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Is Giroux an Av yet?
up-here-and-in-here-smart.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Who the **** is Brandon Hagel and why are people giving up a 1st rd pick++ for him?

Giroux, please.

This years Blake Coleman.

He would be a fantastic add. Giroux is the better player no doubt, but Hagel would be a great add as well. Plus, he's signed for 2 more years at a dirt cheap $1.5M contract.

Hagel - Newhook - LOC essentially solves our 3rd line for next year already and for a combined $3.5M.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I hope Sakic uses his Jedi mind tricks again because the price we pay in some of the proposals here... :help:
This is the issue when you draft like shit. You don’t have players to come in for cheap and then when you make trades the pipeline continues to shrink or you don’t have the pieces to get deals across the line.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
That Hagel contract could be the difference between being able to re-sign Burakovsky or letting him walk; or the difference between having to target 3rd liners in UFA instead of top 6 forwards.

He's also an RFA in 2024 meaning that you could easily stand to regain most of the assets paid now to acquire him. This seems much more like a shrewd cap-maneuvering Sakic move than an expensive deadline rental.

Reactions: The Moops

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Radulov, Panarin, Hall. Soon to add Giroux. Im going to be upset when he goes to Minnesota and then im going to be less upset when I see the price. I think that's how its going go down.
I could see Minnesota overpaying.

They are a much better team with Giroux, and more importantly, it means Giroux isn't playing for us.

They know they have no shot at the cup unless they go through Colorado or Vegas, or both.

Minnesota overpaying is a no-brainer

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
This is the issue when you draft like shit. You don’t have players to come in for cheap and then when you make trades the pipeline continues to shrink or you don’t have the pieces to get deals across the line.
Timmins + 1st would have been really handy here. That package plus one of Jost/Compher might have been enough to meet Chicago's asking price, and then we'd still have the assets we have now for Giroux. Alas...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

They are a much better team with Giroux, and more importantly, it means Giroux isn't playing for us.

They know they have no shot at the cup unless they go through Colorado or Vegas, or both.

They likely can't afford Giroux next year, so I think it's still a "brainer" on their part.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019

Minnesota are going to need their young talent in order to stay relevant in the next 3 years. Going all-in this year will only exacerbate their bad cap situation going forwards.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad