Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part V: To Giroux or not to Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Timmins + 1st would have been really handy here. That package plus one of Jost/Compher might have been enough to meet Chicago's asking price, and then we'd still have the assets we have now for Giroux. Alas...

I don't agree. The only reason the oft-injured Timmins held real value was because Alan Hepple was singing his praises to Bill Armstrong. It's likely what prompted Arizona picked Colorado's trade package over whatever Edmonton was dangling.

Now, the first rounder? Yeah, obviously that holds value now. But Timmins likely wouldn't have been a deal-maker for anyone other than AZ.

Reactions: MaKarter

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Talking about Giroux on a pure rental basis

It would still be enormously dumb on their part to overpay for Giroux knowing they had no shot at re-signing him without some serious cap-dancing in the offseason.

Don't get me wrong, it's a plausible-enough scenario to make me nervous, but there's consequences if they really go that big.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I don't agree. The only reason the oft-injured Timmins held real value was because Alan Hepple was singing his praises to Bill Armstrong. It's likely what prompted Arizona picked Colorado's trade package over whatever Edmonton was dangling.

Now, the first rounder? Yeah, obviously that holds value now. But Timmins likely wouldn't have been a deal-maker for anyone other than AZ.
Sure, maybe change Timmins to Helleson but either way still having Timmins would have made an extra trade far easier to make. Anyways, spilled milk...

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Just good advice in general. Crawling with junkies.
I live in Seattle so I’m used to it. It was more that he said the Canucks had interest but watch out for Vancouver and Washington they could be in the mix too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fletcher is going to ask for Kaprizov just to **** with his former team.

Giroux would waive for the Wild?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It would still be enormously dumb on their part to overpay for Giroux knowing they had no shot at re-signing him without some serious cap-dancing in the offseason.

Don't get me wrong, it's a plausible-enough scenario to make me nervous, but there's consequences if they really go that big.
I’d keep him over Bura, get rid of Compher that’s $7.4M freed up there (figuring about $1M for JTC’s replacement).

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
They likely can't afford Giroux next year, so I think it's still a "brainer" on their part.
How much dead cap do they have for the Sutter and Parise buyouts? If they want to go all in let them. If they want to blow Kaprizovs prime what do I care?

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I’d keep him over Bura, get rid of Compher that’s $7.4M freed up there (figuring about $1M for JTC’s replacement).
I think we need to let Bura and Kadri walk and rebuild the 2nd line next year. I’d keep Giroux if he’d do a 2 or 3 year deal. Basically what Dallas gave Pavelski

Reactions: Chiarelli

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I was thinking Giroux won't be traded til his 1000th game with Philly but if Calgary has already cast the first die, it might happen sooner then later.
upload_2022-2-14_18-31-56.gif

Reactions: shadow1

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Ultimate? No, I think you're exaggerating just a tad. But he's a reasonably good depth scorer and if he can be had, what's the problem?

The appeal is in the contract. Locking up both our 3rd line wingers for just a tad more than we are paying Jost would allow the team to do a lot.

Reactions: Richard88

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Ultimate? No, I think you're exaggerating just a tad. But he's a reasonably good depth scorer and if he can be had, what's the problem?

To me, it's the reported cost of acquisition. We don't have a lot of trade capital to spend for this TDL, the off-season, and the next TDL, and giving up a 1st rounder and a top prospect for Hagel seems steep.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m not sure I see much of an advantage for Vegas upfront over Colorado.

1st line: I would give a small edge to Colorado. The Vegas trio of Patches, Stone, and Eichel will be a top-5 line in the league, I just think Colorado’s top line is a touch better.

2nd line: Even for me. Tbh, I think I’m being a bit generous to Vegas here. To their credit, the Knights second line shredded Colorado last playoff, so I definitely have a lot of respect for them. That being said, Kadri, Bura, and Nuke is such a nice mix and has proven chemistry. Keep in mind the Avs second line last playoff was centred by JT Compher. That’s a huge drop-off from the version of Nazem Kadri the Avs are getting this year. Not to mention Val Nichushkin seems to be taking his game to another level.

3rd line: Edge Vegas. Stephenson is just better than Newhook at this point. The combination of Janmark/Dadanov on the wings is probably better than LOC and Compher too. LOC’s regression has hurt this line.

4th line: Even. Roy is better than Jost, but his numbers are also a bit inflated because of the minutes he’s been getting. I love what NAK brings for Colorado. That’s a hell of a 4th liner.

If I was Sakic, I’d be keeping a close eye on the Avs 3rd line to see how they perform leading up to the trade deadline. That’s where I think a ‘hockey trade’ can be made to improve the roster and it’s where Vegas has the biggest advantage when comparing the two rosters. Between the overall forward groups though, Colorado fairs pretty well.

Reactions: Richard88

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Why are people suddenly so high on Hagel? Never read his name on this board before and now he's like the ultimate guy to get?

There are a lot of hipsters on the internet who think knowing about things like this gives them cachet. These are often the same people who become experts on virology and terrorist organizations after an hour of googling.

Last edited:

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I’m not sure I see much of an advantage for Vegas upfront over Colorado.

1st line: I would give a small edge to Colorado. The Vegas trio of Patches, Stone, and Eichel will be a top-5 line in the league, I just think Colorado’s top line is a touch better.

2nd line: Even for me. Tbh, I think I’m being a bit generous to Vegas here. To their credit, the Knights second line shredded Colorado last playoff, so I definitely have a lot of respect for them. That being said, Kadri, Bura, and Nuke is such a nice mix and has proven chemistry. Keep in mind the Avs second line last playoff was centred by JT Compher. That’s a huge drop-off from the version of Nazem Kadri the Avs are getting this year. Not to mention Val Nichushkin seems to be taking his game to another level.

3rd line: Edge Vegas. Stephenson is just better than Newhook at this point. The combination of Janmark/Dadanov on the wings is probably better than LOC and Compher too. LOC’s regression has hurt this line.

4th line: Even. Roy is better than Jost, but his numbers are also a bit inflated because of the minutes he’s been getting. I love what NAK brings for Colorado. That’s a hell of a 4th liner.

If I was Sakic, I’d be keeping a close eye on the Avs 3rd line to see how they perform leading up to the trade deadline. That’s where I think a ‘hockey trade’ can be made to improve the roster and it’s where Vegas has the biggest advantage when comparing the two rosters. Between the overall forward groups though, Colorado fairs pretty well.

I think adding Giroux to line 2 would put the Avs over the edge. Line him at at 2RW and move Burakovsky to the third line.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nichushkin - Kadri - Giroux
Burakovsky - Newhook - LOC
Jost - Helm - NAK

Also, the Johnson and Johnson pairing is an absolute burning pile of shit. Those guys are going to get DOMINATED in the playoffs. One of the two might be able to get by with a better partner, but EJ and JJ are a problem right now.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
There are a lot of hipsters on the internet who think knowing about things like this give them cachet. These are often the same people who become experts on virology and terrorist organizations after an hour of googling.

I actually double-majored in virology and terrorist organization studies. I also just so happen to exclusively wear suspenders and bowties

SoftMittsHardSticks

Jan 3, 2014
There are a lot of hipsters on the internet who think knowing about things like this give them cachet. These are often the same people who become experts on virology and terrorist organizations after an hour of googling.

Here is my in-depth scouting report:
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 7.57.14 PM.png

MacDermid is also 76, therefore Hagel is just a smaller MacDermid

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 7.57.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 7.57.29 PM.png
    254.4 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad