Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part V: To Giroux or not to Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Calgary is probably our only shot at Vegas getting eliminated before the WCF. I hope Calgary stacks their roster.

5fa09335-fee2-469d-b0ea-7acbf1c8606b_text.gif

Reactions: Vk1ing

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wonder how much of that was on divisional play in the worst division in hockey than Avs being a good FO team. I don't think FO's are necessarily important, but at times they have lead to goals against for us and weirdly quite a bit in the Vegas series last year. Avs don't need to go out and be a top five FO team, but they can't be in the bottom five to ten in anything.

Hardly a believable argument.

Considering that LA and Anaheim, two of the worst teams in our division, were both above 50%. And Minnesota was a putrid 46%. They were also above 50% in the playoffs. I can just go back further as well. In 19/20 the Avs were right around league average at 49.6% and were above 50% in the playoffs

Honestly, you can pretty much attribute the Avs struggles on faceoffs this year to one thing, which is simply replacing PEB as one of our main faceoff guys with Alex Newhook. Everything else is essentially the same with regards to the main faceoff takers, except Newhook as 3C and PEB gone as the 4C.

One good faceoff guy is all it would take to turn the Avs from a bottom 5 team to a league average or better team. And, one good faceoff guy is all you need to give your team a better chance to win the few key faceoffs that matter.

Add Giroux, and you solve that "issue" which statistically isn't even an issue.

Reactions: S E P H

Avs44

May 16, 2011
So the Canucks have interest in him but watch out for Vancouver…:huh:
I think it's two separate statements. Canucks have an interest in Zacha and have been talking trade with the Devils. Canucks and Washington are also talking. Not about Zacha, obviously, but about pieces from Vancouver to help boost Washington (e.g. Miller).

Some people on twitter don't know how to phrase anything.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think I'd be more excited at JTC leaving than Giroux coming. Imagine not having to worry about JTC at center in the playoffs. The relief.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I think I'd be more excited at JTC leaving than Giroux coming. Imagine not having to worry about JTC at center in the playoffs. The relief.

Yes! And if someone want's more ginger in their life, they can always watch Gilligan's Island re-runs.

Edit - Nevermind. Giroux has the ginger thing going. In that case, it will be nice to have a ginger upgrade.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Prospect is Emil Heinemann.

Emil Heinemann was a player I wanted the Avs to draft. I wouldn't hate it if he could be a throw in if the Avs were to trade with Montreal.
Yannick St. Pierre (aka Draft Dynasty YT channel) made a draft video promoting Emil Heinemann as a "hidden gem" worthy of a 1st round pick, and was later hired by Montreal as a video scout last year. I'll bet he had a big part in Montreal targeting him as the prospect. Stylistically he's a lot like Lehkonen due to his smart and relentless forechecking, but also has some offensive upside. I also drafted him in the Avs board mock as you may recall ;)

I guess not awful for Montreal but I would have expected a but more for Toffoli
Guessing they're pretty high on Heinemann, due to what I said above. Sometimes all it takes is for one scout to be in love with a prospect for them to carry more weight in a trade.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs simply have to make a move up front now though. Vegas forward depth as it stands blows ours completely out of the water.

Saw on twitter when Stone comes back in the playoffs they'll likely have lines that look like:

Dadonov - Eichel - Stone
Smith - Karlsson - Marchessault
Patches - Stephenson - Janmark
Carrier - Roy - Kolesar

Avs cant match that depth without adding at least one Top 9 forward.

Reactions: The Moops

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yannick St. Pierre (aka Draft Dynasty YT channel) made a video promoting Emil Heinemann as a "hidden gem" worthy of a 1st round pick, and was hired by Montreal as a video scout last year. I'll bet he had a big part in Montreal targeting him as the prospect. Stylistically he's a lot like Lehkonen due to his smart and relentless forechecking, but also has some offensive upside. I also drafted him in the Avs board mock as you may recall ;)

Yes to everything you said (trust me, I focused on the same things). And indeed you did pick him.

Maybe you should start putting material on youtube?

But I'll be honest, since YSP was hired by the previous leadership, I had semi-wondered if he might be a casualty and no longer have a voice. I

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Giroux will cost way more than that especially if they are retaining salary.

Tyson Jost
Drew Helleson's rights
2023 1st
2024 2nd
Swap Jost for Compher and the 2nd for a conditional 3rd (if win the cup = yes then Philly gets the pick)

Jtc, 1st, Helleson, conditional 3rd

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
If Giroux is going to be a rental, doesn't it make more sense to get him here as soon as possible?Maximize the time we get with him.

It gives him a chance to find his place in the locker room. Plus, he's gotta be tired of losing.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Giroux is going to be a rental, doesn't it make more sense to get him here as soon as possible?Maximize the time we get with him.

It gives him a chance to find his place in the locker room. Plus, he's gotta be tired of losing.
Cap space is an issue.

Reactions: Vk1ing

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Yes and no. The earlier you trade for him the more cap space you need available to fit him, or the more retention you need on him to get it to work.

Plus even if it makes sense for the Avs, it might not make sense for Philly.

Reactions: AvsWraith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad