Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part V: To Giroux or not to Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
My wish list.

Giroux, 4/5 D, 3rd line winger. Honestly this is the year, I didn't think they had it in them but they just keep winning. Empty the cupboards for that one cup and be a playoff contender with 9296, makar, toews, Girard the next 3 seasons and no one cares.

Yeah if Sakic could get all 3 of those pieces that would be great, but it'll be hard to do.

Giroux + Lehkonen + Luke Schenn is the 3 I want I think.

You move a 2023 1st + Barron + JTC for Giroux(@2M). You move Ranta for Luke Schenn. And then, maybe a 2023 2nd + Jost gets you Lehkonen. I'd also play Giroux at Center I think. I dont think I trust Newhook as the 3C in the playoffs, just dont trust him defensively.

Landy - Mack - Mikko
Nuke - Kadri - Burakovsky
Hook - Giroux - Lehkonen
LOC - Maltsev - NAK
Helm

Toews - Makar
Girard - Schenn
Byram - EJ(And move Byram up with Girard if/when you need offense)

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Avs clearly need to have MacK claim vague post-concussion symptoms until day one of the playoffs. He shall miraculously and completely not by coincidence be able to come off LTIR then. Not like the league can prove it wrong — not that they care, either.

SoftMittsHardSticks

Jan 3, 2014
"B'Gawhd that's Nate MacKinnon's music!"
undertaker-coffin.gif

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Sakic when asked about why Byram wasn't on IR or LTIR to save capspace just said "that's just the way it is". Weird unclarifying answer.

Maybe they're expecting Matteau and JMac to come off LTIR so they can start banking deadline capspace again, but other than that it would seem logical to try to get Byram's caphit off the roster. If they wanted to be ruthless I suppose they could send Byram down the the AHL as a paper transaction but maybe that would impact his salary or bonuses or something like that?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Sakic when asked about why Byram wasn't on IR or LTIR to save capspace just said "that's just the way it is". Weird unclarifying answer.

Maybe they're expecting Matteau and JMac to come off LTIR so they can start banking deadline capspace again, but other than that it would seem logical to try to get Byram's caphit off the roster. If they wanted to be ruthless I suppose they could send Byram down the the AHL as a paper transaction but maybe that would impact his salary or bonuses or something like that?

It isn't that complicated. Byram is cleared to play by the doctors and thus the Avs can't use IR or LTIR. They could send Byram down, but there is a reporting issue and there is the issue with the relationship between the org and the player.

Reactions: Balthazar

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

They don’t have to put Byram on LTIR because they aren’t over the cap. They’re currently banking cap space. Very little but still under the cap. Sakic said if they had to use LTIR for him they’ll look at it.

Reactions: Richard88

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It isn't that complicated. Byram is cleared to play by the doctors and thus the Avs can't use IR or LTIR. They could send Byram down, but there is a reporting issue and there is the issue with the relationship between the org and the player.
Yep. Per Bednar, Byram has been cleared by the doctors several weeks ago so they can't put him on IR.

I don't get it though. If he had post concussion issues then he would qualify for IR. Even depression qualifies for IR as long as the doctors acknowledge it (see Drouin last year).

We are missing some key informations here, there must be a reason why the doctors cleared him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yep. Per Bednar, Byram has been cleared by the doctors several weeks ago so they can't put him on IR.

I don't get it though. If he had post concussion issues then he would qualify for IR. Even depression qualifies for IR as long as the doctors acknowledge it (see Drouin last year).

We are missing some key informations here, there must be a reason why the doctors cleared him.

Drouin wasn't on LTIR last years during his time away.

Montreal Canadiens Daily Cap Tracker - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

The way the Avs talk about the situation around Byram it really seems the ball is completely in his court. The Avs want him back and playing, but they are not forcing the issue. That said, I'm sure the Avs could maneuver if they need to so they can clear cap.

Reactions: Alienblood

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Drouin wasn't on LTIR last years during his time away.

Montreal Canadiens Daily Cap Tracker - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

The way the Avs talk about the situation around Byram it really seems the ball is completely in his court. The Avs want him back and playing, but they are not forcing the issue. That said, I'm sure the Avs could maneuver if they need to so they can clear cap.

The Avs seem to be overly generous keeping his contract up at the NHL level.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

yeah? And what do they say about Mark Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad