Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumors and FA Part V: To Giroux or not to Giroux

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I wonder who on Tampa that high ranking Flyers member and scout are in town to watch.

This is an interesting quote. There are only two players on the Avs who aren’t earning their cap hit. I remember years ago Bob McKenzie was floating EJ to the Flyers at the deadline. Always thought EJ would look good in the Black and Orange. Maybe Sakic is feeling ruthless and would move EJ.

Last edited:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I wonder who on Tampa that high ranking Flyers member and scout are in town to watch.

This is an interesting quote. There are only two players on the Avs who aren’t earning their cap hit. I remember years ago Bob McKenzie was floating EJ to the Flyers at the deadline. Always thought EJ would look good in the Black and Orange. Maybe Sakic is feeling ruthless and would move EJ.

EJ would have to waive

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016

That quote screams Girard in my opinion. Maybe Jost or Compher but I don't see them holding enough value.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Y’all are reading waaaaay too much into a quote from Quoteless Joe.

He’s merely stating the obvious—the Avs do not have cap room. In order to make any deal, salary will have to move out.
Right… and whose salary would that be?

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
My wish list.

Giroux, 4/5 D, 3rd line winger. Honestly this is the year, I didn't think they had it in them but they just keep winning. Empty the cupboards for that one cup and be a playoff contender with 9296, makar, toews, Girard the next 3 seasons and no one cares.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That quote screams Girard in my opinion. Maybe Jost or Compher but I don't see them holding enough value.

Yeah absolutely not. No way can we possibly afford to trade Girard and on top of that he's waaaaaay to valuable to be moving for any rentals like Giroux.

I think it screams Jost/JTC. We know Sakic really likes those two whether we as fans do or not. But I think that quote signals that even though he likes them he probably knows they're two weaker links on the team and if salary has to go out to get someone else like Giroux or whoever, it probably means losing JT or Tyson.

I think Murray could be moved as well tbh.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Funny Dater said no chance Giroux comes here, now suddenly he’s “told” things the Avs like about Giroux and now doing #girouxwatch.

Dude may be worse than Chambers now.

Literally this. Dude couldn’t wait to throw cold water on the Giroux rumours, now he’s trying to tell us what the Avs like about him?? Gtfo Dater, you know nothing.

Reactions: forsbergavs32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad