Line Combos: 2021-22 lines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I get what you're saying. I would try this. Anderson would bring a bit of size with Caufield/Suzuki.

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Dvorak - Toffoli
Hoffman - Poelhing - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Evans - Armia

Not sure how the org sees where Perreault and Paquette will play. Camp will give us more insight. They might see Evans 3c and Paquette 4c.
I think you are bang on with the pairs of wingers, but unless Phoeling has the kind of camp that doesn’t allow you to send him down, he is AHL bound.

Evans will move into Phoeling’s spot and Paquette will take the 4th center. Perrault will fill the Perry spot admirably.

Phoeling will be the 1st call up

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Hoffman Dvorak Anderson
Drouin Evans Gallagher
Lehkonen Poehling Armia
Perrault Paquette

to be honest I think we need to look for another center. I feel Evans isn’t offensive enough.

Reactions: smirob

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Hoffman Dvorak Anderson
Drouin Evans Gallagher
Lehkonen Poehling Armia
Perrault Paquette

to be honest I think we need to look for another center. I feel Evans isn’t offensive enough.

He was on pace for 23 pts last year, don't you think he can upgrade that pace in his 2nd NHL seasons playing with better linemates?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Hoffman-Suzuki-Caufield
Toffoli-Dvorak-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Anderson
Drouin-Paquette/Perreault-Armia

Poehling in Laval and first callup unless he's totally dominant at camp.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Would be great to get Hertl and push Dvorak to 3rd line.

Drouin, 2023 1st and Harris/Struble for Hertl with extension.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017

If this happens we will have a lot of depth. Dvorak is producing at 2nd liner would produce 17-20 goals 40 points but carries 3rd liner salary. This is a bargain.

Also this guy plays the bumper slot position on the power play meaning he’s plays where Corey Perry plays.

Power play would produce I think.

PP1
Caufield in the Ovechkin slot
Dvorak bumper slot
Hoffman where the Cammalleri slot
Suzuki his usual right side
Petry the Weber slot

Toffoli on the offwing
Gallagher in front of net
Anderson also crashing the net
Drouin on the LD
Edmundson or Romanov on defenseman

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

If it's not for Hertl, Habs have certainly have assets to make a deal for a very good C. We have pretty good depth at D prospects.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I mean regardless of the line combinations, the good news is that all of our centres seem to be pretty defensively responsible. That means players that are a little flakier in terms of defensive coverage (Hoffman and Drouin) will have a player covering for them.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
If it's not for Hertl, Habs have certainly have assets to make a deal for a very good C. We have pretty good depth at D prospects.
Our only hope to fix our horrible, wood handed D-core. Because MB is naturally not going to do anything about it.

Edmundson(bum) - Petry
Romanov - Savard(bum)
Chiarot(bum) - some train bum

I mean, that's BAD. One top4 defender, Romanov(who can be top4 someday) and the rest of them... Yikes.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Drouin/Suzuki/Canfield - drouin is still our best playmaker. He was on pace for about 40 assists over 82 last year. I think it would be crazy not to try this line. I see a lot of Anderson talks going with Suzuki and Canfield. He can’t make a pass to save his life. I don’t want him anywhere near our two best players. Love him but not with these guys.

Hoffman/Dvorak/Toffoli- very legit 2nd line. Lots of scoring potential there.

Anderson/evans/Gallagher- this could be a great new shutdown line with still good offensive upside.

Lehkonen/poehling/paquette/armia.
Very deep 4th line

this is what I want to see out of our forward group.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield (proven line before Toffoli got hurt)
Hoffman - Dvorak - Anderson (Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cammalleri lite)
Drouin - Poehling - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Drouin/Suzuki/Canfield - drouin is still our best playmaker. He was on pace for about 40 assists over 82 last year. I think it would be crazy not to try this line. I see a lot of Anderson talks going with Suzuki and Canfield. He can’t make a pass to save his life. I don’t want him anywhere near our two best players. Love him but not with these guys.

Hoffman/Dvorak/Toffoli- very legit 2nd line. Lots of scoring potential there.

Anderson/evans/Gallagher- this could be a great new shutdown line with still good offensive upside.

Lehkonen/poehling/paquette/armia.
Very deep 4th line

this is what I want to see out of our forward grou

If Drouin can use his playmaking abilities to be an asset, and not the liability he was on the ice like he was last year with his constant turnovers, whether from errant passes or getting bumped off the puck, I'd start him with Dvorak. Dvorak is more a shooter and needs to play with a playmaker. I'd put Gallagher on his other wing...

Anderson is clueless defensively, so I don't have him on my shutdown line.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I’ll predict:

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Dvorak - Anderson
Lehkonen - Poehling - Gallagher
Paquette - Evans - Armia

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Kulak/Wideman

Not sure where Drouin fits or if he plays. Hard to think he’ll be able to come back and pick up where he left off, but who knows? I think they’ll make a move for a high end defenseman and he may be packaged to offset salaries,

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
If Drouin can use his playmaking abilities to be an asset, and not the liability he was on the ice like he was last year with his constant turnovers, whether from errant passes or getting bumped off the puck, I'd start him with Dvorak. Dvorak is more a shooter and needs to play with a playmaker. I'd put Gallagher on his other wing...

Anderson is clueless defensively, so I don't have him on my shutdown line.

Anderson is more clueless in the playmaking department. He doesn’t need to be playing with our best players. I’m ok if drouin is with Dvorak but I just don’t want to see drouin on a third line. I watched every game last year, Drouin wasn’t as bad as everyone thinks. All the guys were struggling. Suzuki looked awful during a long stretch last year. Same with lots of other guys. I’m cautiously optimistic with drouin. He doesn’t need to score alot of goals. Just be the play maker that he is.

Reactions: 26Mats

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I got:
Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Dvorak Gally
Hoffman Evans/Poehling Anderson
Lehkonen Perrault Armia

Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Savard
Romanov Kulak/Wideman

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
There are a lot of options on the wings, so it's hard to predict the lines, but I'd be interested in seeing if this sticks.

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Hoffman Dvorak Anderson
Drouin Evans Gallagher
Lehkonen Perreault Armia

Poehling can get in there really easily.

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Norlinder (idk, wishful thinking maybe)
Romanov - Savard
Kulak/Wideman

Price
Allen

If Norlinder is really good, this has potential. Defense is suspect, center line could be a mess. Wingers are really good, goalie also. Who knows. Could be a tirefire year, or it could work. Not a ton of potential for improvement offensively (only Poehling, Suzuki and Caufield (maybe Drouin) can realistically improve year on year). Defense could be good in a year or two depending on the development of Norlinder, Guhle and Romanov.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I would roll these lines

Drouin - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher
Toffoli - Evans - Anderson
Lehkonen - Poehling - Armia

Give Drouin one last chance playing alongside our best C and best winger.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Anderson------Suzuki------Caufield (Let our youngsters build chemistry. Anderson can keep opponents honest)
Drouin--------Dvorak------Toffoli (Tof does well with a playmaker (Drouin). Dvorak can be a responsible d-presence)
Hoffman-----Poehling-----Gallagher (Give Poehling a chance with good veteran wingers)
Lehkonen----Evans--------Armia (Great shutdown/energy line)
Perrault------Paquette (Great depth for injuries or Poehling not being ready)

Edmundson------Petry (They were great together)
Romanov---------Savard (Gotta gamble on Romanov being a top 4 pmd)
Chiarot-----------Kulak (Chiarot in a reduced role and Kulak with more confidence might work well)
Wideman (Don't really know much about him)

Price
Allen

Biggest question marks are 3c and 2nd pairing defence. At least we have 2 legit prospects (Poehling/Romanov) looking to fill these holes. If they don't work out we could be in trouble but I say give them every opportunity to prove they can do it. If it works, this is a damn good team that will win by committee.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson is more clueless in the playmaking department. He doesn’t need to be playing with our best players. I’m ok if drouin is with Dvorak but I just don’t want to see drouin on a third line. I watched every game last year, Drouin wasn’t as bad as everyone thinks. All the guys were struggling. Suzuki looked awful during a long stretch last year. Same with lots of other guys. I’m cautiously optimistic with drouin. He doesn’t need to score alot of goals. Just be the play maker that he is.

It's the turnovers that had me throw in the towel with Drouin. So many easy zone exits for the opposition after the pick was on Drouin's stick.

I hope he can prove me wrong. But that's what I'll be watching for with him.

Drouin and Anderson are wild cards that I would like for them to be positives in the top 9, but I see so many negatives that I fear they won't be able to overcome.

Reactions: Dondini

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hoffman-Suzuki-Caufield
Toffoli-Dvorak-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Anderson
Drouin-Paquette/Perreault-Armia

Poehling in Laval and first callup unless he's totally dominant at camp.

This is pretty similar to how I have it.

If Anderson can't hold it down defensively on a shutdown line, I'm confident in a Byron-Evans-Lehkonen line when Byron gets back. That would leave Drouin and Anderson to fight for the last wing spot on the 4th line - in a fully healthy lineup.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Drouin-Dvorak-Toffoli
Hoffman-Evans-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Poehling-Armia
Paquette-Perrault

Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Kulak-Romanov
Weidman

Price
Allen

My hope is that Poehling and Evans eventually swap mid year once Poehling shows he's ready for more.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Drouin-Dvorak-Toffoli
Hoffman-Evans-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Poehling-Armia
Paquette-Perrault

Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Kulak-Romanov
Weidman

Price
Allen

My hope is that Poehling and Evans eventually swap mid year once Poehling shows he's ready for more.

If Anderson and Drouin can diver, we have a deep top 9.

Before Poehling and Norlinder it's a 22 man roster. Is Byron the 23rd, or is a spot open for a newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad