Line Combos: 2021-22 lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Drouin's role is still unclear to me and we don't have a playmaking center for Hoffman.

With the current group of forwards, I'm unable to come up with a lineup that makes sense.
Perreault is your guy.

I think they'll go:

Toff-Suzy-Cole
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Hoffman-Perreault-Gally
Lehk-Evans-Armia

Paquette extra with Poehling in the Ahl playing 2o minutes a night.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Perreault is your guy.

I think they'll go:

Toff-Suzy-Cole
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Hoffman-Perreault-Gally
Lehk-Evans-Armia

Perhaps this could work. I guess it depends on Perrault's ability to be an effective center.

I'd consider swapping Anderson and Gallagher in this scenario.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Perhaps this could work. I guess it depends on Perrault's ability to be an effective center.

I'd consider swapping Anderson and Gallagher in this scenario.
He was pretty decent when he was in Washington

The line combinations are really open to any suggestion as there's a lot of flexibility there.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
1st PP unit:

---------Suzuki
Caufield - Dvorak - Hoffman
----------------Petry

Dvorak in the bumper position. Suzuki stays near the net. Can make passes to Dvorak and Hoffman for a 1-timer.

-------------- Gallagher
Anderson - Toffoli - Drouin
---------------Norlinder/Wideman
The 1st unit is what I've imagined as well. Taking Suzuki off the right half-board is perhaps not ideal, but Hoffman is a fearsome weapon from that spot. Suzuki can set up Dvorak for one-timers from the bumper. I think it's the most logical deployment considering the personel.

On the 2nd unit, I think Perreault is a more effective powerplay player than Anderson.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He was pretty decent when he was in Washington

The line combinations are really open to any suggestion as there's a lot of flexibility there.
He was a good middle-6 center a while back, there's no doubt about that. Question is, can he still do it.

Perhaps our redundancy at wing is misleading and he was indeed signed to play center. They might have seen trouble on the horizon when they signed him.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He was a good middle-6 center a while back, there's no doubt about that. Question is, can he still do it.

Perhaps our redundancy at wing is misleading and he was indeed signed to play center. They might have seen trouble on the horizon when they signed him.
Well apparently he had some back issues back in the time and that's why they moved him to the wing cuz it was too painful for him to take FO's on a regular basis.

But now he said he's 100% reestablished and he's ready to give it another try..

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Perreault is your guy.

I think they'll go:

Toff-Suzy-Cole
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Hoffman-Perreault-Gally
Lehk-Evans-Armia

Perreault hasn't played center in several years, and he likely needs to be kept on the wing to get good mileage out of him.

I'd probably swap hoffman, and drouin, then slot Perreault in Lehkonen's place. Paquette moves to 4C, while Evans moves up one line. Lehkonen becomes the odd man out, which probably isn't fair to him, but the wings just happen to be the biggest strength on this club, and someone who doesn't deserve to be out, will be out until injuries hit.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
call me crazy but I believe that Poehling steps up big time....
I like Poehling a lot and I was very happy we didn't have to include him in a Dvorak trade.

That said, we mustn't rush things. We just witnessed how it ends with Kotkaniemi. Suzuki/Dvorak/Evans/Paquette and perhaps Perreault is good enough for now. Vejdemo could also see some games in the fourth line.

If Poehling can continue his strong play and there's a spot open, bring him up in the second half of the season.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Perreault hasn't played center in several years, and he likely needs to be kept on the wing to get good mileage out of him.

I'd probably swap hoffman, and drouin, then slot Perreault in Lehkonen's place. Paquette moves to 4C, while Evans moves up one line. Lehkonen becomes the odd man out, which probably isn't fair to him, but the wings just happen to be the biggest strength on this club, and someone who doesn't deserve to be out, will be out until injuries hit.
No way I'm scratching Lehk for Paquette!

Reactions: Ozmodiar

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
On the 2nd unit, I think Perreault is a more effective powerplay player than Anderson.
Literally any player from any league(including gk's) is more effective powerplay player than Anderson. The only reason they kept him on the PP is because Anderson is overpaid as f*** and they are desperate because of it.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Perreault is your guy.

I think they'll go:

Toff-Suzy-Cole
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Hoffman-Perreault-Gally
Lehk-Evans-Armia

Is Montreal under the cap after they put guys on IR? Assuming 1 spare F like you have and 1 D?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Literally any player from any league(including gk's) is more effective powerplay player than Anderson. The only reason they kept him on the PP is because Anderson is overpaid as f*** and they are desperate because of it.

One reason i was hoping we wouldn’t re-sign armia this summer was to see less post from you.

Such a troll man

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
No way I'm scratching Lehk for Paquette!

It's apples versus oranges, and reflects their strengths on the wing, and weaknesses at center. I think in isolation, almost everyone would rather have Lehkonen in the lineup, but it is what it is.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I don't think they're desperate about Anderson. They pretty much got what they wanted from him last season.

Now, is it worth the contract? That's a separate matter. I was sceptical when we signed him, especially about the term.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
You’re crazy.

The reason I say this is that he's coming in with a fresh look, a spot to take. I watch Weise on a talk show talking about Poelhing, Bouchard's douche tactics and so on and I can see with Ducharme, a different air that can be a good place for Poelhing.
After coming in, scoring 4 goals in a nothing game raised expectation and suffering a concussion out of camp, couldn't get his jam back and lost his confidence. Battle this year in the AHL to regain his confidence and now has a golden opportunity. Now I would not say he gets 20-20 but I could see him sticking on the 4th line center with good progression and surpassing Evan and maybe getting 25-30 points by season end.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Everyone seems to forget that Evans was our 2nd most used C in the playoffs before Scheifele's last brain cell died. Played 23:05, 17:37 in game 6-7 against Toronto and 17:55 before getting knocked the f*** out.

Coaching staff trust this kid. He is fast, responsible, good first pass and good on the faceoffs. He is the exact same player that Danault was when he first came in.

No way he ends up on the 4th line behind Perreault ( whom shouldn't even be in the lineup ahead of Lehkonen ). The only way he ends up on the 4th line is if Poehling takes a HUGE step foward and they want him with skilled players ALA Hoffman on the third line.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Dvorak-Gallahger
Drouin-Perrault-Hoffman
Lehkonen/Byron-Evans-Armia

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Caufield-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Dvorak-Gallahger
Drouin-Perrault-Hoffman
Lehkonen/Byron-Evans-Armia

Dvorak is more a shoot first two-way guy. Ideally he plays with a playmaker.

I'd try Drouin instead of Toffoli with him and Gallagher first. But I'm no Drouin fan. So I know that nay not work.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Dvorak is a net-front presence on the powerplay for what it's worth, so it would probably be closer to:

------------Dvorak---------
Hoffman-Suzuki-Caufield
-------------Petry-----------

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Dvorak is a net-front presence on the powerplay for what it's worth, so it would probably be closer to:

------------Dvorak---------
Hoffman-Suzuki-Caufield
-------------Petry-----------
Hopefully Hoffman and Caufield switch sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad