Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part II of ∞

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Why are people getting mad at Bednars comments.
It literally could be anything with concussions.

Let's just hope and pray the boys will be alright. Sooner than later.

I suffered a broken nose and concussion by my own accord in late October. Had headaches and whatnot for a few weeks, felt better for another few and woke up a few days ago with headaches again.

It's my 3rd in the last 5 or 6 years. I'm off to the doctor today.

My last concussion symptoms lasted over 2 months. Symptoms can return at the drop of a hat unfortunately.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I suffered a broken nose and concussion by my own accord in late October. Had headaches and whatnot for a few weeks, felt better for another few and woke up a few days ago with headaches again.

It's my 3rd in the last 5 or 6 years. I'm off to the doctor today.

My last concussion symptoms lasted over 2 months. Symptoms can return at the drop of a hat unfortunately.

My guess is this is exactly what's going on with Byram. His concussion is probably mostly healed, but he's experiencing some lingering on and off symptoms either headaches, vertigo, or both. 15 years ago they'd tell him to suck it up and get his ass on the ice, now that we're not animals they're being careful with him and only letting him on the ice when he's feeling 100%.

Bednar says two days or a month because he simply does not know. The fact that he lumped Kuemper in with Byram in that category should tell you everything you need to know. The Avs desperately need Franky back and playing well. Even against teams like Montreal no lead is safe with JoJo in net.

Reactions: Alienblood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Baffle 'em with bullshit, it's certainly a good method when the numbers don't back up the assertion.

I could post his numbers from this season if you'd like... or his tenure in Minny or last season or his playoff numbers... which would you prefer?

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
My guess is this is exactly what's going on with Byram. His concussion is probably mostly healed, but he's experiencing some lingering on and off symptoms either headaches, vertigo, or both. 15 years ago they'd tell him to suck it up and get his ass on the ice, now that we're not animals they're being careful with him and only letting him on the ice when he's feeling 100%.

Bednar says two days or a month because he simply does not know. The fact that he lumped Kuemper in with Byram in that category should tell you everything you need to know. The Avs desperately need Franky back and playing well. Even against teams like Montreal no lead is safe with JoJo in net.
Precisely. Give Byram all the time he needs. As much as we want him to play there is no rush. Kuemper as well, let's hope Frank comes back and plays well and stays healthy

Reactions: flyfysher

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Hasn’t Francouz been practicing for a while now? Gotta imagine he’s very close to returning. Is he on the road trip?

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
My daughter has had 4 concussions in the last 5 years playing volleyball. She has a sensitivity to light, especially fluorescent light which makes going to school suck, and chronic headaches now. On 2 different meds for the headaches. She sees a concussion therapist, a chiropractor, an acupuncturist, a massage therapist, and still has issues. Never knows what days things will flare up and she'll be down and out for a day or two. Bo very well could be dealing with with these things too... possibably for the rest of his life.
Get her some blue light blocking glasses on Amazon. Changed my life.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Shinjuku Calling

Jun 20, 2017
it's crazy how a concussion in the NFL is treated like absolutely nothing, dudes are back immediately next week if they even leave the game, while in the NHL it can be career ending.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
it's crazy how a concussion in the NFL is treated like absolutely nothing, dudes are back immediately next week if they even leave the game, while in the NHL it can be career ending.

Because the NFL is the peak of masculinity to some people and therefore it suffers from toxic masculinity in regards that you are not a man if you cant take a little concussion.

Most of them are going to end up like Steve Thompson, English rugby player who at age 43 cant even remember what happened during his career and in general suffers from dementia at that age.

NHL being forced to take concussions seriously is a positive thing that down the road might make parents introduce their children to a safer contact sport in hockey instead of football.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Because the NFL is the peak of masculinity to some people and therefore it suffers from toxic masculinity in regards that you are not a man if you cant take a little concussion.

Most of them are going to end up like Steve Thompson, English rugby player who at age 43 cant even remember what happened during his career and in general suffers from dementia at that age.

NHL being forced to take concussions seriously is a positive thing that down the road might make parents introduce their children to a safer contact sport in hockey instead of football.

Do you recall how many people were calling for JB’s head when he didn’t play Byram and EJ against the VGK in the POs? As fans we’re not any better than the NFL.

Reactions: AlysonChainz

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Do you recall how many people were calling for JB’s head when he didn’t play Byram and EJ against the VGK in the POs? As fans we’re not any better than the NFL.

I'm more of a neutral Finnish homer so sadly I can't say I recall. I have a few teams where I know the ins and outs a little better, though I'm learning more about Avs now that I have Mack and Makar in my fantasy so I end up spending more time in the Avs board lurking.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

It's also worth remembering that hockey is a faster sport with more sustained physical contact which is played on a slippery surface. It's probably a lot easier to run on grass for a bit than to skate on ice when you've got a head injury affecting your focus and co-ordination.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

I remember saying something along the lines of that they should keep Bo out until he's 100%, even if that means next season, we weren't winning that Vegas series regardless. Rustled a lot of Jimmies at the time.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I wonder what conditions the team doctors have for Byram to get back on the ice. Does he have to go 24-48 hours without headaches or vertigo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad