Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part II of ∞

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
So, who gets hurt this week? They're still practicing some, aren't they?
I haven't kept up over the last few days.
I say Nate gets pissed and does that shooting practice thing (sorry, don't know hockey practice terminology) where the pucks are in a line and he machine guns people who have disappointed him with their play.
The only uninjured players are Jost and Maltsev.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
That COVID-Break isn´t that bad for us. Some banged-up players like Landy should be ready to go after christmas. And i really hope all players with Covid are asymptomatic.

Problem: If there are no practices ( I dont know, but shutdown means no practices or team-activities either?), we will have some serious rust after christmas......

And, of course, it would be classic "Avalanche" if a player gets hurt while unwrapping christmas gifts....

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
That COVID-Break isn´t that bad for us. Some banged-up players like Landy should be ready to go after christmas. And i really hope all players with Covid are asymptomatic.

Problem: If there are no practices ( I dont know, but shutdown means no practices or team-activities either?), we will have some serious rust after christmas......

Avalanche training facilities are closed during this outbreak period as reported by numerous sources.

And, of course, it would be classic "Avalanche" if a player gets hurt while unwrapping christmas gifts....

I'm hoping that as long as it doesn't snow to the extent that snowblowers will be needed to clear out the driveways, we should be okay :sarcasm:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So, who gets hurt this week? They're still practicing some, aren't they?
I haven't kept up over the last few days.
I say Nate gets pissed and does that shooting practice thing (sorry, don't know hockey practice terminology) where the pucks are in a line and he machine guns people who have disappointed him with their play.
The only uninjured players are Jost and Maltsev.

Based on other teams tweets it sounds like they're pausing all team activities. We're going to get some rusty ass hockey whenever they do come back.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Based on other teams tweets it sounds like they're pausing all team activities. We're going to get some rusty ass hockey whenever they do come back.
For now it looks like the Avs are gonna come back on the 27th and play the Knights in Vegas who haven't had games postponed and are gonna be streaking while the Avs are very very rusty. Anyone wanna guess how that game's gonna go?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Baugh mentioned in his article today that multiple additional Avs players have tested positive since Saturday when our season was put on hold, but they worn announced who until they return from break.
Not exactly the way I read that. I think he meant they will only announce the players that cannot play the first game when they return. So if there are players that were on the Covid protocol but they are fine when the team returns to play they will keep those names secret.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not exactly the way I read that. I think he meant they will only announce the players that cannot play the first game when they return. So if there are players that were on the Covid protocol but they are fine when the team returns to play they will keep those names secret.

I mean, its basically the same thing. Covid Protocol lasts a minimum of 10 days so all those guys are going to be out until the 28th(10 days from Saturday) at least and as of right now we're scheduled to play again on the 27th.

The league is disclosing the names of all players on Protocol this year so I'm sure we'll find out who the Avs players are after the break as well.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I mean, its basically the same thing. Covid Protocol lasts a minimum of 10 days so all those guys are going to be out until the 28th(10 days from Saturday) at least and as of right now we're scheduled to play again on the 27th.

The league is disclosing the names of all players on Protocol this year so I'm sure we'll find out who the Avs players are after the break as well.

Does it? I thought that if you never showed symptoms and tested negative twice, you were good to go. Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Yes but if the player is fit to play on the 27th it sounds like the Avs will not disclose the names except for those already mentioned.

I think the league will only disclose the names of players that will have to miss games due to Covid. If the player doesn't miss any games because the team is not playing during that time I think they can keep the name secret. I might be wrong but that the way I read it.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Which ultimately is a pointless fact because they come in contact with all sorts of people including older coaches, staff members, family, friends, etc. The league can't let the virus run freely within its players for the same reason why we can't do it with the rest of society.

Also all it takes to ruin a career and potentially getting sued is one player getting long COVID (and statistically it would happen eventually).
It's already happened.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
This morning I slightly sprained my ankle from falling down three stairs trying to avoid stepping on the cat who had positioned himself on those stairs to bask in the sunbeam coming through the window.

Also, my girlfriend felt quite sick so we got a home COVID test and thankfully she tested negative.

What, did you actually expect THE AVS to cough up any injury or COVID updates?? Glad to do my part to help fill in the gap!

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
This morning I slightly sprained my ankle from falling down three stairs trying to avoid stepping on the cat who had positioned himself on those stairs to bask in the sunbeam coming through the window.

Also, my girlfriend felt quite sick so we got a home COVID test and thankfully she tested negative.

What, did you actually expect THE AVS to cough up any injury or COVID updates?? Glad to do my part to help fill in the gap!
You are literally every Avs player right now.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado

Thank you for your service and sacrifice. We need more Marksters around here.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Another day of Tyson Jost probably having mutation powers to evade Covid-19 in all likelihood today.
Honestly if we want this pandemic over with, Jost should sacrifice himself to Pfizer so they can extract an antidote from his blood.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs are probably gonna have an AHL roster on Monday vs Vegas. Don't think everyone is suddenly gonna test negative only 3 days away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad