Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part II of ∞

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I should probably clarify what I said. Covid is never gonna go away, but it's gonna become a regular thing like how today's flu or influenza is a variant of the Spanish flu which was a pandemic in 1918. But it's gonna take few more years before covid is just another regular thing like a flu, that's why shutting down sports again won't make sense

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
^ Doesn't look like a guy who's close to playing. At the same time, take all the time you need, Bo. I'd rather have him at 100% for the playoffs, than to risk another injury.

I’d rather have him at 100% and hockey is a total non-factor in that calculus for me. Would love to have him back for our team. But ensure his health first and foremost.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Take it for what it's worth, which is probably nothing.

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into this.

He probably just wants to take some time. Maybe he even has a date in mind, like after the new year, or after the holidays or something.

He probably didn't want to take a full practice or get in their way, but he wanted to support the team like he's been doing in the room after games. Then felt like he wanted to do a little more than just stand at the bench, so he decided to stickhandle a few pucks.

Obviously this situation is concerning, but we still don't have any evidence to suggest he isn't just being extra careful. We heard he got a bit worried about his long term health and career last year when he was battling that concussion. Then he got another one this year.

This might just be all Bo's idea to take this extra time off to give his brain plenty of time to heal. They've basically left it up to him it sounds like. It's still possible this could just be some early career health adversity that he can overcome and have a long productive career.

We really don't see many guys who establish themselves as proven NHLers have their career ended by concussions. Knock on wood that doesn't happen with Bo, but mostly it's guys like Hishon who never really established themselves as NHLers. IMO because their confidence was rattled to the point where they doubted themselves too much, or played a bit timid.

That likely won't be Bo's problem, and it wasn't the first game back he played. He looked like his usual confident self. Which is a good sign, especially considering he was willing to be cautious about his health, but still played with confidence on the ice.

Reactions: Ararana

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Byram showing up and not skating throws the "it's just depression" theory out the window.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Too depressed to skate but not depressed enough to take a stick and play with the puck while chatting with his teammates? Come on.

That theory never made sense to me anyway. He clearly has physical issues, Newhook talked about it.
Ahh wasn't sure what you were getting at and never heard Newhook talk about it

What type of physical issues are you referring to ?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Byram showing up and not skating throws the "it's just depression" theory out the window.

Clearly he's terrified to play hockey. I mean the kid won't even step out onto the ice :sarcasm:

FWIW, during Bednar's interview yesterday (that they have not posted online yet frustratingly) the coaching staff is cautiously optimistic about his progress. I think they're just giving him a crap ton of time to really put this behind him. It means nothing if he plays a game and goes right back into protocol.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
No, not at all. Dude is there, smiling, joking, playing with the puck, chatting with his teammates...but he can't skate because he's depressed?!

Depression doesn't prevent you from skating.

It doesn't, but him laughing and joking also doesn't say anything about depression one way or another. Who knows what lingering effects he's still feeling, or how frequently they are showing up...scary stuff though.

Take your time Bo.

Reactions: Alienblood

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
No, not at all. Dude is there, smiling, joking, playing with the puck, chatting with his teammates...but he can't skate because he's depressed?!

Depression doesn't prevent you from skating.

Who the f*** honestly thought it was that anyways? Like, a bit timid or concerned for his own well-being? Sure. He can either play or he can't. I can confidently say that him being depreeeessed is not the reason he's not on the ice.

Like I said, the speculation symptoms are worse than the actual symptoms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad