Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part II of ∞

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont know if a full on pause is the next step. I think what's more likely is you see them close the door to fans for a couple of weeks and bring back the strict protocols for travel.

Then again, with the Christmas break coming up shortly(only 3? Days but still) it probably wouldn't hurt to shut thing down for ~10 days and then move those 10 days into the Olympic break portion of the schedule.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Omicron is spreading like wildfire around the globe. It appears to be mostly vaccine resistant and people are no longer in 2020 quarantine mode... it sure won't be pretty after the holidays.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I dont know if a full on pause is the next step. I think what's more likely is you see them close the door to fans for a couple of weeks and bring back the strict protocols for travel.

Then again, with the Christmas break coming up shortly(only 3? Days but still) it probably wouldn't hurt to shut thing down for ~10 days and then move those 10 days into the Olympic break portion of the schedule.
Arenas are booked months in advance. They aren't available.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Omicron is spreading like wildfire around the globe. It appears to be mostly vaccine resistant and people are no longer in 2020 quarantine mode... it sure won't be pretty after the holidays.
It has an RT OF 4.1 here in Ontario. Which means for every 100 people infected, they infect 410 people. It's exponential.

The previous variants had an RT of 1.32

This variant is a completely different beast

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

I've heard the 3rd dose gives great protection to the variant. Though those who still haven't had their 1st are far away from that..

Reactions: pont

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Arenas are booked months in advance. They aren't available.

I've seen you post this twice now without any sort of source to back it up...

I'm willing to bet arenas have enough availability to make it work if the league decided to go that route. I'd even guess the league already had this in its back pocket as a contingency plan if it was required.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Screenshot_20211214-171941_Chrome.jpg

I'm willing to bet arenas have enough availability to make it work if the league decided to go that route. I'd even guess the league already had this in its back pocket as a contingency plan if it was required.
Source: common sense

Arena owners keep them as busy as possible. They don't just leave them empty incase hockey games need to be rescheduled.

Edit: ball arena during the Olympic break.

Reactions: Balthazar

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Reactions: AvsFan29

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
View attachment 490876
Source: common sense

Arena owners keep them as busy as possible. They don't just leave them empty incase hockey games need to be rescheduled.

Edit: ball arena during the Olympic break.

Surely you recognize that in a 1 week stretch of what you just posted, 2 of the days are completely open. Not to mention the NHL and its agreement with arenas almost certainly mean they get priority over "Bad Bunny"

If the league has to, it will make space to reschedule games during the Olympic break.

EDIT: Just to further drive home the point, I'm sure you purposely chose the one week in February where Ball Arena is busy.

Here's the entire month. Home

NHL Olympic break was scheduled to run from February 3rd to February 22nd. There's literally 7 nights in that stretch where Ball Arena has no events on the go.

The Avs could easily reschedule 4-5 home games in that period. Especially from the 15th to the 19th of February, where they could run 3 home games in 5 nights.

Last edited:

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Surely you recognize that in a 1 week stretch of what you just posted, 2 of the days are completely open. Not to mention the NHL and its agreement with arenas almost certainly mean they get priority over "Bad Bunny"

If the league has to, it will make space to reschedule games during the Olympic break.
Lol Bad Bunny is one of the biggest artists in the world. Basically if an artist is big enough to book Ball Arena they ain't rescheduling them.

Reactions: AvsFan29

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Well feb 10 is likely the day that they're setting up for monster jam. It takes a day to set up.

As for Bad Bunny, I doubt live Nation or whoever actually owns her performance, would enjoy being canceled.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well feb 10 is likely the day that they're setting up for monster jam. It takes a day to set up.

As for Bad Bunny, I doubt live Nation or whoever actually owns her performance, would enjoy being canceled.

Check my edit. They have all kinds of space to reschedule games the 2nd half of the Olympic break.

And for reference here's another arena Scotiabank Saddledome With once again over 10 days of inactivity during the Olympic break for games to be scheduled.

In fact given the Flames already have 3 or 4 games postponed I'd guess that 2nd week in February will be used for that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sure, but you do realize that the entire league would have to have arenas available? Good luck
Well I just showed you the Flames arena.

Calendar | Scotiabank Arena

Toronto Arena

Events - Canadian Tire Centre

Ottawa Arena

If anything, look at the difference between February and March for Toronto. Looks an awful lot like Scotia Bank arena specifically didn't book anything during that 3 week break in case they needed to make changes.

EDIT:

Perhaps the busiest arena the NHL plays in entirely, MSG in New York has no events on February 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 15th, and 17th.

Madison Square Garden Shows, Events & Tickets

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Well I just showed you the Flames arena.

Calendar | Scotiabank Arena

Toronto Arena

Events - Canadian Tire Centre

Ottawa Arena

If anything, look at the difference between February and March for Toronto. Looks an awful lot like Scotia Bank arena specifically didn't book anything during that 3 week break in case they needed to make changes.
We have stricter covid protocols and artists aren't booking in Canada as much. Elton Jon lives in Canada part time, so he probably doesn't have that issue.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We have stricter covid protocols and artists aren't booking in Canada as much. Elton Jon lives in Canada part time, so he probably doesn't have that issue.

Madison Square Garden Shows, Events & Tickets

Perhaps the busiest arena the NHL plays in entirely, MSG in New York has no events on February 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 15th, and 17th.

Calendar | STAPLES Center

Staples Center probably the other busiest arena with 2x Basketball and the Kings in it on top of all the other events.

Feb 4th, 7th, 9th, 13th, and 15th all free. Easily enough room to schedule 2-3 home games around the NBA games.

I'm failing to find a single arena with no availability to reschedule 2-3 games over the course of the 3 week break. Sure it could prove challenging and a logistics nightmare to pull off, but it absolutely could be done if the NHL needed to do it. We're not at a point yet where they'll have to and hopefully dont get to that point, but it could be done.

Last edited:

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015

Oh boy, I can't wait for the next variant that's resistant to the 4th mandatory dose so we have to get a 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad