2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I did. I picked the entire Western Conference correctly, every series, before play-off start.

But I picked Boston as the Stanley Cup winner. So, naturally, I now predict the Stars in 6. :thumbu:

You're in rare company, then.

Another poster nailed both Cup final teams in the bracket challenge, but I'd say the vast majority (myself included) didn't see Dallas as the top team in the Western Conference this season. Yet, here we are! :laugh:

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
It must kill Stamkos to be injured while his team is in the SCF. Man he's got the worst luck, first the Olympics when he broke his leg and now whatever injury he has that prevents him from playing, and even if he's ok enough to play he'll be rusty.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
It’s worth noting that after Dallas went 1-7-1 to start the season, they then had the second best record in the NHL after going something like 34-10-5 ( until they lost 6 in a row at the end), the only other team to have a better record during that time is Tampa

So for majority of the season besides a bad start, the two top teams were Dallas and Tampa

I know lot of people act shocked Dallas is here, but they had a strong season after the rough start, and they almost took out STL last year in the playoffs. They aren’t some 8th seed team that got hot in the playoffs

I’m leaning towards Tampa to win, but I think it’s going to be a close series

Last edited:

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
My take though is that I doubt that any single player in this series can score more than 3 goals a game given how well both goalies have played their last respective series. The scoring will be lower in the final because by the time the teams got here they will have less energy left and also the ice condition in this weather may not be ideal for goal scoring. Whichever team will get scoring from up and down the line-up not just from certain players will win. PP will definitely be a factor. Which team plays with more discipline and can PK better and wins more draws can be a huge difference in this game.

Tampa does deserve to win SC though, being so close here before a couple of times already, they can't let this one slide because with the Seattle expansion arriving soon and their current cap issue, they will not have this good a team again. They likely will be challenged yearly by a very good young deep Carolina team going forward and yes possibly an improved Toronto team too. They should try to get this done now no matter what it takes.

Dallas will need luck on their side to win, because yes Tampa is better as a team and they are playing on top of their games, especially all their top players. If Seguin does not come through in this series, they can't beat Tampa.

Last edited:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It’s worth noting that after Dallas went 1-7-1 to start the season, they then had the second best record in the NHL after going something like 34-10-5 ( until they lost 6 in a row at the end), the only other team to have a better record during that time is Tampa

So for majority of the season besides a bad start, the two top teams were Dallas and Tampa

I know lot of people act shocked Dallas is here, but they had a strong season after the rough start, and they almost took out STL last year in the playoffs. They aren’t some 8th seed team that got hot in the playoffs

I’m leaning towards Tampa to win, but I think it’s going to be a close series

retweet.

no one probably expected the Stars to be in the finals once play resumed given how poorly they ended the year + round robin play.

prior to the actual 2019-2020 season starting though quite a few people actually predicted the Stars to be here.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lmao last year my bracket was Dallas-Tampa. This season I went with Colorado-Tampa.

f***

First season I haven't made at least 1 bracket with the Stars winning it all or going to the finals

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
This'll be an absolute heartbreaker for either team...

Dallas has a lot of vets for whom this is their last dance, Tampa has had so many deep runs and has yet to win it all...

It's hard to call.... I think I'll go with Dallas in 6.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
At first I didn't really care who won and just wanted whoever to win in 4 so we can get to the fun off-season of musical chairs, but I got email notification that back in November I put down some money on the Raps and TB to win the championship. Raps out, so now. Go TB!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Schedule on NHL.com shows they have changed the back to back--wasn't it scheduled for earlier?
Tampa Bay Lightning (2) vs. Dallas Stars (3)

Saturday, Sept. 19, 7:30 p.m.:
Stars vs. Lightning | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
Monday, Sept. 21, 8 p.m.: Stars vs. Lightning | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Wednesday, Sept. 23, 8 p.m.: Lightning vs. Stars | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Friday, Sept. 25, 8 p.m.: Lightning vs. Stars | NBC, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
*Saturday, Sept. 26, 8 p.m.: Stars vs. Lightning | NBC, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
*Monday, Sept. 28, 8 p.m.: Lightning vs. Stars | NBC, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
*Wednesday, Sept. 30, 8 p.m.: Stars vs. Lightning | NBC, CBC, SN, TVA Sports
Stanley Cup Final schedule
NHL was going to avoid Sunday for game 5, we knew that. Surprised that they didn't do Fri/Mon or Sat/Mon for games 4/5 rather than B2B for Fri/Sat for 4/5.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If tampa wins it will be funny to see Curtis "Do You Know Who I Am?" McBackup carry the cup around

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I mean...how could you not? Anything can happen but if you had to guess. I have no idea how you would "predict" Dallas here.

All those old TBL D men could suddenly start playing like they did their last season with their last team. Then it would be Dallas 4 straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad