2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but credit to the NHL writers on this one.

Before the start of the 2019/2020 season, five writers predicted a DAL/TBL final.

3 picked TB / 2 picked DAL

Game on !

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I have Dallas winning because Tampa is so banged up.

you do realize the Stats are pretty banged up too? Segs, Hintz, Faks (still out) It’s not just the TBL.

that’s our top 3 centers

Last edited:
Reactions: CLW

serp

Jan 17, 2016
you do realize the Stats are pretty banged up too? Segs, Hintz, Faks (still out) It’s not just the TBL.

that’s our top 3 centers

Well our guys had a couple of days off . Tampas guys don't get that. Both teams are very much banged up imho. We'll see if those 2 extra days off thanks to Tampa needing a game 6 helps the Stars.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
This will be the most star-studded SC Final since Pittsburgh vs San Jose. I'm glad that boring Islanders with no star power are out. Also this year champion will be the best winner since 2017 - Caps and especially Blues were one of the weakest winners in recent history. Blues were the worst IMO since 2006 Hurricanes.

As for the series I have Lightning in 6 but I'll be rooting for Dallas Stars.

Reactions: Faterson

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Well our guys had a couple of days off . Tampas guys don't get that. Both teams are very much banged up imho. We'll see if those 2 extra days off thanks to Tampa needing a game 6 helps the Stars.

it definitely helps but i’ve always wondered how much 2 extra days really help? Especially for the serious injuries like Segs and Faks are dealing with.

more rested but I wonder if the boys would prefer just to get going asap or rest for a couple extra days considering some injuries can get worse when it’s healing up.

Anywho ... Tampa will be our best opponent yet no doubt. Facing Col and Vgk definitely helped the Stars get ready for the Bolts though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
it definitely helps but i’ve always wondered how much 2 extra days really help? Especially for the serious injuries like Segs and Faks are dealing with.

more rested but I wonder if the boys would prefer just to get going asap or rest for a couple extra days considering some injuries can get worse when it’s healing up.

Anywho ... Tampa will be our best opponent yet no doubt. Facing Col and Vgk definitely helped the Stars get ready for the Bolts though.

I don't think in a normal year it matters that much but with this kind of condensed schedule ? Yeah this should help. Maybe not for the injuries but to get some gas back into the tank of some guys.

Barely any days off since round 1 and the first two rounds each had back to backs.

Reactions: MBTendy

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Who would have thought when Joe Pavelski was testing free agency last summer the two teams where he was looking at joining would be facing each other in the finals.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
If Point stays in I have Lightning in 6. Stars in 6 if he misses most of the series.

Tampa is pretty used to playing great defensive teams by now. It’ll be interesting to see if Dallas can handle their puck transition game. New York did a pretty good job against it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
All SUnbelt final..... Bettmans dream come true. Only thing that he would like better is it the Yotes were in it.

This is the first finals in years I can be happy with either team winning. Congrats TB + DAL fans! My pick is Dallas but I wouldn't mind seeing Tampa win either.

At least we finally have some new teams in the mix. Also great to see a hockey lifer in Bowness finally lead his own team to the finals.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Vasy has a 1.82 GAA, .931 sv%, with 0 shutouts, playing every single minute Tampa has played since the return. Those numbers are absolutely asinine for a goalie coming into the stanley cup finals. How no one has talked about this, is crazy.

Vasy, hedman and point is the reason we are here especially hedman and Vasy

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
I bet Avs in 6 and I bet Vegas in 6, and I am now betting Tampa in 6, so enjoy your Cup Dallas

(I am surprised at how lopsided the poll is, Dallas has taken out some great competition, even with the Avs on their 3rd goalie). NYI gave the Lightning fits and they beat Boston with their backup, Dallas has certainly had the tougher road.

I mean, it depends on your definition of giving them fits. Tampa was the faaar better team in the series and even down Stamkos and Point for some of the games this series, they completely controlled play. It’s honestly a miracle the Islanders didn’t get swept.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

that’s our top 3 centers

Tampas top 2 centers and their 2nd best winger are really banged up.
I think Tampa is in worse shape physically.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Lightning in 4

Not even giving Dallas a chance, eh? Interesting.

Could very well play out that way, but Dallas is 2-0 against Tampa this year so I think they can hang with them.

I know playoffs are a different beast, but both teams are hungry now and this series should be a lot closer than some think.

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Pains me to say it, but the Bolts down the middle of the ice are seriously banged up. Stars in 5. I don't see this being much of a competition tbh. The tenacity line is all the depth that the Bolts have left. Gourde, Coleman, Goodrow. With Stamkos, Point, and Cirelli all being injured this team has become one dimensional and the power play looks anemic. Hedman and Vasy will help keep those games close, but I feel like Dallas is going to bring more offense than both CBJ and NYI while playing the type of hockey that the Bolts struggle against. It's going to be like the Boston series in revers IMO. Tampa somehow managing to cobble together 1 scoring line with the likes of Kucherov and Palat and whoever they can find on the bench to click with those two. Wish it could be TJ and bring back some of that triplets magic, but um no.

Stars in a 5 game cakewalk really is how i see it. 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4. NO OT games. I think the Bolts get shut out Game 1, too little too late come back attempt Game 2, Vasy steals Game 3, a barn burner in Game 4 with Hedman going nuts for a hatty but not enough to win, and another shut out to close the Finals in Game 5.

Would love to be wrong, but we've already started to see the scoring drying up for these Bolts down the stretch. The depth of this team is amazing but again, when you carve out the center of the ice 3 layers deep, the depth has no foundation and collapses. That's what I see watching these Bolts. I'd bet just about any team that made the second round would love another shot at TBL and would probably take it. Facing a Dallas team that has all the confidence and a bit of rest is certainly going to be the biggest challenge the Bolts have faced yet, but do they have enough in the tank to hit another level and overcome the offensive dry spell? My heart says yes of course, but from what I saw in the ECF, I have to say no. Not by a long shot.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Tampas top 2 centers and their 2nd best winger are really banged up.
I think Tampa is in worse shape physically.

Stars are without their #1 Goalie and their top 4 D as well.

Dobby had a great series against VGK but the first two rounds he wasn’t as spectacular. Who knows if he’ll keep it up in the finals. Big advantage for TB in that department.

Both teams are dealing with their fair share of injuries, it’s pretty dumb to start pointing out who’s more injured etc. It’s the playoffs, you win the Cup by the depth that steps up when your team faces injuries. Injuries is a pretty lame excuse unless the opposing team has no injuries or very minimal, which isn’t the case in this finals.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad