2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
If Dallas was going to win it I feel like Tampa is a more convenient opponent than Isles. If Dallas pounds Tampa in the first two games they can win in 5. If not it could be 7 game series.

Reactions: DieselPig

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The 2015 Stanley Cup was all about defense. The games that Chicago won, they won 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, and 2-0.

Teuvo Teravainen scored 4 points in 6 games. Marian Hossa scored 4 points in 6 games. They were Chicago's top scorers, but even they did not score a lot. When Chicago won, they won because of a historically good blue line. Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Niklas Hjalmarsson, and Johnny Oduya. And one of the best two-way centers in the game at the time, Jonathan Toews.

It's funny because if you asked me, I'd say the Chicago defense was better than the Dallas defense. And if you asked me, I'd say Toews was better defensively than anyone on the Dallas team. And if you asked me, I'd say this current Lightning team is better than the one in 2015.

But this is where legends are made. If you step into that rink as contenders and walk out that ring and champions, the theoretical comparisons won't matter. There are two questions. One is uninteresting, and that is "can the lightning be shut down." And the answer is always going to be yes. And the other question, "is Dallas the team to do it."

That remains to be seen.

NewSNESJersey

Feb 29, 2016
That back-to-back is 100% the result of NBC pressure. No chance it's just a coincidence that the schedule conveniently avoids the 8PM Sunday timeslot that's occupied by Sunday Night Football on NBC.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Probably. And we’ve never had a Cup start on this short of rest I don’t think
Also SCF back-to-backs for the first time since 2009 IINM (which also seems to be the only instance since the lockout).

I like Dallas in six if they can bring a physical checking game and wear Tampa down further. Tampa proved they could hang with that against the Islanders but going through that twice, esp. considering all of the OT they've also played thus far, would be extremely impressive. They've got the talent to do so but their forwards seem to be slowing down late in this series. Plus, Dallas can offer a little more savvy attacking and counterpunching on an individual level.

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Looking at the lineups, Tampa seems better everywhere: offense, defense, and in goal. Dallas seems to have the hockey Gods in their corner this year, though.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hats off to NYI. They are a great team with a great coach that knows how to win.

6 games. Hard fought. We need to continue to play Lightning Hockey.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Stars in 6.

Confident in our depth. Dallas is deeper on defense.

Game 1 super important, the longer the game goes Tampas fatigue will set in. Stars need to use the fresh legs to their advantage.

Faksa's health will be important for this. Especially if Stamkos returns. Dallas will need to send Faksa to him or Point.

Faksa the most underrated shutdown centre in the league

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The back to back isn't an excuse. You younger fans should see some of the stuff they pulled even as "recent" as the late 80s/early 90s. You'd blush.

They want to get out of the bubble ASAP. Some of these guys have been there for eight weeks. This is why a non bubble regular season until Covid calms down is going to be a challenge.

Back to the matchup.......

A lot comes down to how hurt Point and Kucherov really are and how much they have left to give. If it's a case of like 2007 Buffalo who wore completely worn out by NYI and NYR by round three, or they have nothing left in the tank as they looked cooked the last three periods vs. the Islanders, Dallas might steamroll them.

If those two guys can tough it out for another few weeks, it should be a long series.

For Dallas the rest will have a big impact on Khudoben and Seguin. If Khudoben cools off a little it favors Tampa, and if Seguins gets hot it's bad news for Tampa.

I think Dallas takes it and continues the trend of meaty teams winning it all.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The question is will whoever comes out on top have a banner raised at Rogers Place? I mean that's their home arena right now. I'm sure the Oilers would love that as well.

Reactions: koalabear9301

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
A back to back in the Finals?

Thats ****ing stupid. :laugh:

Hope Game 4 goes six OTs and they're forced to reconsider.

Naw. Tampa is deep as they ever have been. The schedule won't be an excuse. If Dallas wins it is because they earned it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad