2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning | TBL leads 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2020 Stanley Cup Final: Dallas Stars vs Tampa Bay Lightning

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Does dallas get out shot in every game? How do they make so many 3rd period comebacks? What are their possession metrics like? Just curious.
Honestly- who cares? Advance stats are predictive over large samples. Playoff series are small samples. Crazy shit happens.

Dallas won 3 series to be here. They did what they had to do.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Does dallas get out shot in every game? How do they make so many 3rd period comebacks? What are their possession metrics like? Just curious.

It's just how they play and have all season long and last season. They give up a lot of low danger meaningless shots from distance and usually the high danger chances are very close for both teams. Makes games look uglier than they actually are.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
It's just how they play and have all season long and last season. They give up a lot of low danger meaningless shots from distance and usually the high danger chances are very close for both teams. Makes games look uglier than they actually are.
I am ridiculously excited to watch this series. It will be some great hockey. Can't say shit about a team that made it to the cup finals. Until someone does some dirty shit, the refs bias for either team, or Betteman decides who he wants to win comes in...

Let the battle of No State Tax begin. I bet TSN writers are hard at work making their articles about this.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006
Honestly- who cares? Advance stats are predictive over large samples. Playoff series are small samples. Crazy shit happens.

Dallas won 3 series to be here. They did what they had to do.

I dunno 21-28 games isn't that small of a sample size.

These are pretty basic stats in question, not too advanced.

Moosehead1

Nov 29, 2006

Are they really low danger and meaningless? They are often playing catch up hockey in the third...

serp

Jan 17, 2016

That was only against Vegas and that was by design. Against the Avs it was pretty even and against the Flames the Stars controled the play.

Stars for the most part took Vegas rush chances away which is how Vegas scored their most goals in previous series and allowed them possesion but gave up very little scoring chances.

Vegas halfcourt offense so to speak consisted mostly of passing it around for a while and shooting harmless bombs from the blueline .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So far in the playoffs the Stars played specifically to their opponents in every series. How will that look against Tampa ? We'll see tomorow what the gameplan is going to be .

I don't think the series will look like the WCF at all. Tampa i don't think can be baited into all those awful shots . Not to mention Cooper i would think would make adjustments unlike DeBoer who just had Vegas doing the same thing all series long despite it not working.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
So far in the playoffs the Stars played specifically to their opponents in every series. How will that look against Tampa ? We'll see tomorow what the gameplan is going to be .

I don't think the series will look like the WCF at all. Tampa i don't think can be baited into all those awful shots . Not to mention Cooper i would think would make adjustments unlike DeBoer who just had Vegas doing the same thing all series long despite it not working.
Tampa's blight is the over passing. Which Dallas will let them do all day. The other thing is, Bowness knows pretty much every strength and weakness in our style. This series is going to be wayyyy closer than a lot of the talking heads think.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Are they really low danger and meaningless? They are often playing catch up hockey in the third...

They are one of the worst first period teams in the NHL, so theres your reason. They start extremely slow on a nightly basis just about

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Tampa's blight is the over passing. Which Dallas will let them do all day. The other thing is, Bowness knows pretty much every strength and weakness in our style. This series is going to be wayyyy closer than a lot of the talking heads think.

I think this playoffs tb has been better at attacking the net but that happened less and less the further we went into the series with the islanders. I'm expecting Dallas to be good at that as well. Tampa has also been good about keeping things outside as well.

I think it will be just a bit more open than the islanders series though. Which should make for an exciting series. Especially if guys can play their game with some bumps and bruises as both sides appear to have plenty of.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I voted Tampa in 6 but I don't think it's gonna be a close 6. Tampa has all the ingredients and have paid their dues. They've been the league's best team for a couple years now, but after last year's debacle, they've learned that nothing is simply given to the best team; that everything in the playoffs must be earned, every game, every shift, every inch. They understand that now. They're not about to let this opportunity slip
Tampa Bay reminds me of the 2010 Bruins, they blew the 3-0 lead against the Flyers and came back the next year to win the cup against the Canucks. The Lightning look like they're on a mission to correct the brutal playoffs in 2019. Hedman is playing awesome and I believe all Stamkos has to do is play in one finals game and he'd qualify to have his name on the cup if the Bolts win.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Does he though? Because we changed up significantly at the first of this season. No matter skating uselessly around the perimeter and passing to the next guy who'll do the same thing. That works in the regular season when guys are in a hurry to score. Not so much against teams willing to go 0-0 into overtime. As we saw.

I don't know. I think Bowness has the book on guys like Kucherov and Hedman (the book on Hedman reads: "You're f***ed"), and definitely Vasy, but in terms of style, I feel like things have changed a lot since he was here.

With Vasy... I feel like Bishop's gonna tell them, "Get the puck near his feet. He'll lose sight of it."

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Does he though? Because we changed up significantly at the first of this season. No matter skating uselessly around the perimeter and passing to the next guy who'll do the same thing. That works in the regular season when guys are in a hurry to score. Not so much against teams willing to go 0-0 into overtime. As we saw.

I don't know. I think Bowness has the book on guys like Kucherov and Hedman (the book on Hedman reads: "You're f***ed"), and definitely Vasy, but in terms of style, I feel like things have changed a lot since he was here.

With Vasy... I feel like Bishop's gonna tell them, "Get the puck near his feet. He'll lose sight of it."
Well, what Bowness doesn't know is the power of the Wonder Twins. We got this.

Reactions: DFC

bigaj2000

Mar 17, 2007
Dallas seems like the team of Destiny. Players good enough to win with. At least a slight edge in coaching for Dallas as I've been impressed with their ability to effectively execute their game plan and adjust to opponents. I take them in 7.

Purely theoretical and for fun...........

Who HF folks think would win between Colorado and Tampa if that was the SCF?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well, what Bowness doesn't know is the power of the Wonder Twins. We got this.

source.gif

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I am very happy "Boney" get's another shot at it. I hope he wins it and that will be the best icing on the cake for his coaching career which started in Ottawa in 1992 unreal how long he's been around actually. I think Dallas has what it takes to beat the Lightning.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
2 really deserving teams but I say Dallas in 6 and I don't care who wins. Point is nursing an injury that caused him to miss 3 games against Isles so that may still be an issue. Seems like only players that scored in that series were Hedman, Point and Kuch so they need more secondary scoring. Dallas can play a heavy game and has had a few days of rest which is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad