2020 Redraft - Top 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's a joke to me, I'm sure my opinion may be a joke to a lot of people, no need to get offended about anything. If you took it as an insult, it wasn't meant to be.

From what I've seen so far, Stutzle has shown that he can be a top line star, Sanderson may have looked good this past season, but he has yet to take that next step. Maybe all of this changes next season, so we'll see.

If you ask many sens fans, they'll say that Sanderson has been more important than stutzle this year and going forward.

So you haven't really addressed my confusion. Why is Sanderson not an acceptable pick in a redraft when half of sens fans would take Sanderson over stutzle.

They've seen them both more than you.

So why is stutzle ahead of Raymond ok, but Sanderson ahead of Raymond is a complete joke?

Is it hyperbole or do you feel that strongly? I feel it's strange to feel that strongly about 2 players you haven't really seen while fans who have watched all 82 games of both players think it's a toss up.

If sens fans who have watched way more than you of Sanderson and stutzle think it's a toss up between them, how do you who has probably seen much less, think one you agree with while the other is a "complete joke"?

Wouldn't sens fans know better than you of the value between stutzle and Sanderson?

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
If you ask many sens fans, they'll say that Sanderson has been more important than stutzle this year and going forward.

So you haven't really addressed my confusion. Why is Sanderson not an acceptable pick in a redraft when half of sens fans would take Sanderson over stutzle.

They've seen them both more than you.

So why is stutzle ahead of Raymond ok, but Sanderson ahead of Raymond is a complete joke?

Is it hyperbole or do you feel that strongly? I feel it's strange to feel that strongly about 2 players you haven't really seen while fans who have watched all 82 games of both players think it's a toss up.

If sens fans who have watched way more than you of Sanderson and stutzle think it's a toss up between them, how do you who has probably seen much less, think one you agree with while the other is a "complete joke"?

Wouldn't sens fans know better than you of the value between stutzle and Sanderson?

This is less about Sanderson and more about players like Mercer, Faber, Jarvis etc. But to your Sanderson argument, I'm sure if this same question was asked last season, no sane Sens fan would say Sanderon is ahead of Stutzle, and I would wager the same argument for this season had Stutzle maintained or improved upon his 90 point form.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This thread is an absolute joke, some of the names I'm seeing being thrown ahead of Raymond are laughable. The only player that I would say would be ahead at this point is Stutzle. Other players like Lafreniere, Byfield, and possibly Sanderson are all potential talk. As far as the rest go? Jarvis is alright (Still not ahead of Raymond), but Faber? Mercer? Really?
Had me laughing out loud lol

Raymond is closer to Stutzle than Laf/Byfield/Jarvis are to Raymond, yet people (mainly Sens fans) are excluding Raymond from their top 5 just because. It's actually hilarious.

Raymond had a way better season than Stutzle, yet he falls in a redraft...sure HF...sure...

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
1) Stutzle
2) Faber
3) Sanderson
4) Raymond
5) Jarvis

could see Lafreniere and Byfield both working their way back into the top 5 or the next couple of years.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
1- Stutzle
2-Raymond
3-Faber
4-Lafreniere
5- Sanderson

It is looking like a good, deep draft with lots of good players.

Last edited:
Reactions: OversKy

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Tim Stutzle
Jake Sanderson
Quintin Byfield
Lucas Raymond
Dawson Mercer
I dont even see how this is laughable I'd replace Mercer with Faber but I'd take byfield over raymond any day of the week, you must be angry wings fans

1- Stutzle
2-Raymond
3-Faber
4-Lafreniere
5- Sanderson

It is looking like a good, deep draft with lots of good players.
there is no way raymond goes before faber or sanderson

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I dont even see how this is laughable I'd replace Mercer with Faber but I'd take byfield over raymond any day of the week, you must be angry wings fans

there is no way raymond goes before faber or sanderson
there is a way...just like the way he did in the actual draft lol

your bias is so blatantly obvious though. byfield any day of the week over Raymond, even though Byfield has never outscored Raymond in any season???? Raymond is basically neck and neck with your diving wonder-boy Stutzle, but sure, Byfield is miles ahead of Raymond.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Had me laughing out loud lol

Raymond is closer to Stutzle than Laf/Byfield/Jarvis are to Raymond, yet people (mainly Sens fans) are excluding Raymond from their top 5 just because. It's actually hilarious.

Raymond had a way better season than Stutzle, yet he falls in a redraft...sure HF...sure...
Have you watched Jarvis play or are you just looking at stats.

The kid literally does everything on the ice.

He's not as dynamic as Raymond but you win with players like Jarvis.

Reactions: chaz4hockey
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Have you watched Jarvis play or are you just looking at stats.

The kid literally does everything on the ice.

He's not as dynamic as Raymond but you win with players like Jarvis.
Yes I've watched him, I like him as a player.

You said it all in your own post though, Raymond is more dynamic.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Yes I've watched him, I like him as a player.

You said it all in your own post though, Raymond is more dynamic.
Being dynamic is not the end all. Give me the complete player rather than the one who looks better most times and scores flashier goals.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Being dynamic is not the end all. Give me the complete player rather than the one who looks better most times and scores flashier goals.
Lucas Raymond was the best player on the Wings in the last 30 games, and almost lead the team back to the playoffs. He played with tons of heart down the stretch.

I dont expect fans of other teams to really understand how much he elevated his game down the stretch, because fans of other teams didnt watch every single one of his shifts, but Raymond elevated his game down the stretch.

So while I understand why you like Jarvis, you should understand why I like Raymond more

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Lucas Raymond was the best player on the Wings in the last 30 games, and almost lead the team back to the playoffs. He played with tons of heart down the stretch.

I dont expect fans of other teams to really understand how much he elevated his game down the stretch, because fans of other teams didnt watch every single one of his shifts, but Raymond elevated his game down the stretch.

So while I understand why you like Jarvis, you should understand why I like Raymond more
I do like Raymond, but I don't think he's in a different tier than Jarvis. I have them as about equal.

You said Raymond was closer to Stutzle than Jarvis and others were to Raymond. That is where I disagree.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Jarvis is a top 5 player in the redraft. He’s basically Mark Stone lite. Actually he’s been better defensively than Mark Stone was at this point in his career.
Great player but no he's not better defensively.

Small skill speed guys typically develop faster. Love Jarvis but when this draft class is all said and done I'd be surprised if he's a top 5 player.

Guys like Byfield, Laf are just scratching the surface. Same with alot of the d men.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I do like Raymond, but I don't think he's in a different tier than Jarvis. I have them as about equal.

You said Raymond was closer to Stutzle than Jarvis and others were to Raymond. That is where I disagree.
So you dont think Raymond and Jarvis are close to Stutzle?

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Great player but no he's not better defensively.

Small skill speed guys typically develop faster. Love Jarvis but when this draft class is all said and done I'd be surprised if he's a top 5 player.

Guys like Byfield, Laf are just scratching the surface. Same with alot of the d men.

Jarvis is actually a great player, if I'm drafting based on what I've seen so far, I'm taking him ahead of Laf and Byfield.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Jarvis is actually a great player, if I'm drafting based on what I've seen so far, I'm taking him ahead of Laf and Byfield.
Its a redraft you get them for their careers. They are 21 years old that's a strange way to think about it for me. That's not how teams evaluate when they draft but that's all good!

Reactions: Realgud

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He outscored Stu by 2 points while playing 7 more games.
Not really relevant since the guys he's being debated against aren't mainly Stützle here.
But since you brought it up; Raymond also outscored Stu by 13 goals, 18 primary points, a decent margin in 5v5 p/60 and total Even strength points, despite playing over 3 minutes less per game.

How is Faber ahead of Raymond a joke? He looks like a top pairing d-man in the making, Raymond is just a small play making winger
2nd most goals this season and 3rd most since the draft. If he's just a playmaking winger what does it say about the goalscorers of this draft?

To the point about the playoffs, Raymond playing well leading up to the playoffs and the actual playoffs are two different things. Their last 7 games were not “playoff intensity”. Playoffs are “playoff intensity”. That’s a coping mechanism to try to diminish a clear fact. I’m baffled by someone trying to take a fact and turn it into an anecdote for sake of opinion.
Ehhh the Hurricanes/Isles series was hardly a shining example of playoff intensity. Against the Rangers, Jarvis had just 2 points in 6 games. So not sure how highly I'd value his playoffs as a testament to his abilities above what Raymond did in must-win games down the stretch.

The bigger picture here is that you're making a positive spin on everyone else, while highlighting any doubts that might exist about Raymond.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad