2020 Redraft - Top 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
This thread is an absolute joke, some of the names I'm seeing being thrown ahead of Raymond are laughable. The only player that I would say would be ahead at this point is Stutzle. Other players like Lafreniere, Byfield, and possibly Sanderson are all potential talk. As far as the rest go? Jarvis is alright (Still not ahead of Raymond), but Faber? Mercer? Really?

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
This thread is an absolute joke, some of the names I'm seeing being thrown ahead of Raymond are laughable. The only player that I would say would be ahead at this point is Stutzle. Other players like Lafreniere, Byfield, and possibly Sanderson are all potential talk. As far as the rest go? Jarvis is alright (Still not ahead of Raymond), but Faber? Mercer? Really?
Many of the names you mentioned are quite good and started breaking out this year. It's not the end of the world that Raymond is grouped in with these young studs.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Not saying they're not good, but if you take into consideration what they have done so far, Raymond goes no less than #2 imo.

But we’re not ranking them based on only what they are now or how much they’ve accomplished in the NHL. A redraft would still be who you’d draft for long term projection, but with the extra knowledge of what they’ve done since the draft. These guys are all still 22-23. I don’t think anyone’s saying Byfield is better right now for instance, but they still like his skillset and what he has the potential to be enough to take him ahead.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It’s not a joke, as non Detroit fans disagree with you, he’s not second, but they still rank him high.
Just don’t take it personally.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
It’s not a joke, as non Detroit fans disagree with you, he’s not second, but they still rank him high.
Just don’t take it personally.

Not taking it personal, I just think their rankings are kind of a joke, given that Raymond was taken higher than a lot of those guys in the draft, and has already outperformed everyone with the exception of Stutzle.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
How is Faber ahead of Raymond a joke? He looks like a top pairing d-man in the making, Raymond is just a small play making winger

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Man, Sanderson isn't potential. He's looked like a #1D since his first step on the ice for us.

He's a near flawless player. Sens fans watch him and stu all the time and on our board you'd get a pretty even split on which one is the better player.

Even here you can see the sens fans who have sandy above stu.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The amount of people that dont have Lafreniere in their top 5 is hilarious. I bet you were all posting in the Lafreniere is a bust thread. Eat some crow have some humility. Power forward with an edge that can score in the playoffs. This draft class is still too early to do this as players are still developing but those small skill forwards are peaking now. The guys with size and alot of the D men will continue to develop.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
How is Faber ahead of Raymond a joke? He looks like a top pairing d-man in the making, Raymond is just a small play making winger

You don't watch much do you? But to answer your question, one is a rookie and the other already has 3 NHL seasons. Anyways, here's what the small forward did this past season:

Reactions: KJoe88 and FMichael

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Jarvis is a top 5 player in the redraft. He’s basically Mark Stone lite. Actually he’s been better defensively than Mark Stone was at this point in his career.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
You don't watch much do you? But to answer your question, one is a rookie and the other already has 3 NHL seasons. Anyways, here's what the small forward did this past season:

I mean I do watch and I'd prefer Faber over Raymond, he's going to be more valuable long term

And there is no need to be rude when posting I don't know why so many people on here get upset over someone having an opinion on a message board.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I mean I do watch and I'd prefer Faber over Raymond, he's going to be more valuable long term

And there is no need to be rude when posting I don't know why so many people on here get upset over someone having an opinion on a message board.

In what way do I seem upset? I didn't really insult you or anything, I just doubt you watched much of Raymond, that's all.

Reactions: NotNotALeafsFan

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I come away feeling the opposite. The guy struggles defending to me and does not make up for it with elite offense.

I'm so confused. Have you watched him play?

He's a defense first defensive defenseman. His offense is a bonus.

Defensive play is what he excels at. Better than almost anyone his age our younger.

His offense, on the other hand, is a work in progress as he gains more confidence in what he can do with the puck at this level.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Good grief, Red Wings fans in this thread need to take a chill pill. We get it, you favor your boy. No need to get nasty and defensive if people see things differently.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Half of sens fans would choose Sanderson over stutzle, so why is stutzle an acceptable answer, but not Sanderson?

Sens fans have no bias when comparing stutzle to Sanderson, so what's the issue?

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The amount of people that dont have Lafreniere in their top 5 is hilarious. I bet you were all posting in the Lafreniere is a bust thread. Eat some crow have some humility. Power forward with an edge that can score in the playoffs. This draft class is still too early to do this as players are still developing but those small skill forwards are peaking now. The guys with size and alot of the D men will continue to develop.
Something a lot of these players don't have is playoff experience. What we see when we look at Lafreniere's stat lines is a guy who actually increases production in the playoffs (albeit marginally) at this point in his career.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I mean, starting your first post with “this is a joke” is a little insulting to those who have posted here

Raymond is around that 4-8 spot on most lists… that’s pretty fair

It's a joke to me, I'm sure my opinion may be a joke to a lot of people, no need to get offended about anything. If you took it as an insult, it wasn't meant to be.

Half of sens fans would choose Sanderson over stutzle, so why is stutzle an acceptable answer, but not Sanderson?

Sens fans have no bias when comparing stutzle to Sanderson, so what's the issue?

From what I've seen so far, Stutzle has shown that he can be a top line star, Sanderson may have looked good this past season, but he has yet to take that next step. Maybe all of this changes next season, so we'll see.

Reactions: FMichael

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
P/60 this season (>60GP):

1. Raymond - 2.28
2. Stützle - 2.18
3. Peterka - 2.16
4. Jarvis - 2.10
5. Zary - 2.08
6. Byfield - 2.07
7. Lafreniere - 2.04
8. Holtz - 1.87
9. Perfetti - 1.81
10. Evangelista - 1.77
View attachment 876534

Here's some stats for forwards from that year at 5v5.

Nice to see Evangelista high up on those lists, he's a steal for a 2nd rounder.

• Love
Reactions: ORRFForever

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Sanderson is criminally underrated in this thread. His underlying defensive stats this year have been amazing. If he keeps it up he could be an offensively better/worst defensively Slavin. Slavin was immediately elite defensively when he entered the NHL.

Sanderson this year had a 5.6 defensive rating according to evolving-hockey. Slavin in his first season at 21 had a 7.6.

Defensive rating: players ca/60 - weighted average of all teammates ca/60

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad