Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Apparently Lundell has improved his skating. I wonder if we are considering him then.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Apparently Lundell has improved his skating. I wonder if we are considering him then.
Lundell was also named the captain of Finland's U20 team and will be one of the assistant captains of his Liiga team HIFK. Not bad for an 18-year old and speaks well of his character. He might go in the top 10.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Lundell projects as a 3rd line C so I would prefer to aim higher

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lundell could be a player like ROR but I'm not risking it Raymond Rossi or perfetti

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
With the skating he definitely should be projecting higher. He has some nice skill to go with it.
But yes, he does not have the offensive gamebreaking ability that some of the other prospects have which is what we are looking for

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What do people think of 2020 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon ranking of the prospects/mock draft ?

I kinda don't see Askarov getting past both #18 & #20 as NJ could use the 18 or 20 on him as insurance incase Blackwood gets a case of Matt Murray or Steve Mason.
Young goalies could look good one year and then look terrible the next. Blackwood's .915 SV% this year is decent but not great either, he could go either way.
Calgary could also use Askarov too at #19.

GibsonIsGod666

Jul 15, 2020
I've come to the conclusion that if Rossi is there at 6 the Ducks will pass over him. I just don't see him wowing our old-school style GM. Hope I'm wrong.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rossi, Raymond, Drysdale and maybe Perfetti/Holtz/Sanderson

If Raymond is available I think we take him 100% if he's gone its wide open.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Do you guys have a gut feeling about who the Ducks take at 6? I'm thinking Sanderson or Holtz

I have a gut feeling we trade down. If we do draft at 6 I have no idea who we take, there are so many variables.

In terms of want I’m hoping for Rossi/Raymond/Drysdale/Perfetti in that order. At least one will still be there at 6.

Reactions: Beckett

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I have a gut feeling we trade down. If we do draft at 6 I have no idea who we take, there are so many variables.

In terms of want I’m hoping for Rossi/Raymond/Drysdale/Perfetti in that order. At least one will still be there at 6.
What would you realistically trade down for

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think we need more high end talent. At 6 you have a decent shot and an elite player. You never know when you are gonna hit the next Petterson.

Agreed. Also, we already secured another 1st round pick with Boston's 1st round pick. If anything, the Ducks have the ammo to move up with Boston's 1st rounder and our high 2nd rounder as they have already tried to do that in last year's draft to try to steal Peyton Krebs.

I wonder if Boston's 1st round pick and our high 2nd round pick carry more draft capital this year because there's more talented depth in this year's draft compared to last year? Can we sneak higher than 17th overall? A possible trade partner could be the Edmonton Oilers at 14th overall. Edmonton currently possesses four draft selections in this year's draft: 1st rd (14th), 5th rd (137th), 6th rd (168th), and 7th rd (199th). The only hitch in trading up is who exactly is worth a late first and high second round pick at 14th overall? I don't see any prospect save G Askarov worth the two picks in a deep draft. It might behoove us to stay put as there will be a few defensemen and a couple of Germans available with the late first round pick and high second round selection.

But if I were eyeballing on trading up, the Oil might be that team.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Put 2020 eligible prospects into the following categories, listing each player you could possibly fathom being selected by the Ducks at 6 -

A) Would be absolutely shocked if they are available

B) Players who you would not be surprised to see taken at 6 (if available). Feel free to list in order of preference

C) May be ranked as high as 6 by some teams but can't see Anaheim taking them

D) Players you would be surprised to see go as high as six, but still see some possibility as "reaches", remote as they may be

A) Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle - not happening

B) Raymond, Rossi, Drysdale, Sanderson, Perfetti, Quinn, Holtz, Lundell - I think these are the most viable candidates

C) Askarov - might be on some teams top 5 or 6 but don't see a chance in hell we are one of those teams

D) Jarvis - Never see him ranked high enough to consider him a likely candidate but really like this prospect. Can't shake a feeling that he's the biggest riser on draft day, and that #6 might he his ceiling depending on how things shake down in front of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
This really isnt a good draft for C.

Excluding Stutzle and Byfield, there are about 7 C that look like they might be taken in the first round. Of those 7, 6 have question marks about their skating. The one that doesnt have question marks is looking like a late first round pick.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Put 2020 eligible prospects into the following categories, listing each player you could possibly fathom being selected by the Ducks at 6 -

A) Would be absolutely shocked if they are available

B) Players who you would not be surprised to see taken at 6 (if available). Feel free to list in order of preference

C) May be ranked as high as 6 by some teams but can't see Anaheim taking them

D) Players you would be surprised to see go as high as six, but still see some possibility as "reaches", remote as they may be

A) Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle - not happening

B) Raymond, Rossi, Drysdale, Sanderson, Perfetti, Quinn, Holtz, Lundell - I think these are the most viable candidates

C) Askarov - might be on some teams top 5 or 6 but don't see a chance in hell we are one of those teams

D) Jarvis - Never see him ranked high enough to consider him a likely candidate but really like this prospect. Can't shake a feeling that he's the biggest riser on draft day, and that #6 might he his ceiling depending on how things shake down in front of us.

Jarvis doesn't get enough attention imo. Just imagine if the Ducks got the #15 pick in a trade and Jarvis is somehow there at #15
Also reading that his shot is pretty good and his top speed is pretty good as well to go along with him being extremely agile and he accelerates to his top speed pretty fast.
But i also read some say his top speed is average while some say its great top speed that he has.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I could definitely see the Ducks trading #6 for two mid firsts... especially if someone they like drops.

I'd easily give up #6 for 2 of: Lundell/Rychel/Paterka/Sanderson/Gunler/Wallinder/Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad