Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
We are getting a great prospect its going to be so good. 27 could get a nice slider too.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Why does Detroit like Perfetti so much, do they project him massively improving his skating ?
If he does improve his skating to Point level, that with the combination of his elite shot, elite passing & IQ will be one heck of a player.
If Detroit or Ottawa take Rossi at #4 or #5, i definitely would be excited about Perfetti.

Oct 18, 2011
Rossi doesn't have Kariya speed. If he did he would be considered in the same group as Stutzle and Byfield

GibsonIsGod666

Jul 15, 2020
The more I think about it, the more I think the Ducks take Sanderson. I think Rossi will be there but I think he is too small for GMBM to pick, unfortunately. The Ducks seem to love to pick out of the USHL and USNTDP and Sanderson by all means is very comparable to Lindholm.

When Lindholm was picked 6th OA in 2012 he was ranked near 15th in most mock drafts, so the Ducks definitely arent afraid to draft someone a little high. I can't wait to see how the draft goes. The only pick I would really be upset about is Holtz or some big reach like Quinn/Jarvis.

Reactions: Sam Steel

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The more I think about it, the more I think the Ducks take Sanderson. I think Rossi will be there but I think he is too small for GMBM to pick, unfortunately. The Ducks seem to love to pick out of the USHL and USNTDP and Sanderson by all means is very comparable to Lindholm.

When Lindholm was picked 6th OA in 2012 he was ranked near 15th in most mock drafts, so the Ducks definitely arent afraid to draft someone a little high. I can't wait to see how the draft goes. The only pick I would really be upset about is Holtz or some big reach like Quinn/Jarvis.
I have a feeling if we go dmen, it’ll be drysdale

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Buffalo will be smiling big time if the Ducks select a Dman and pass on Rossi or Perfetti at #6, Buffalo would love to be able to slot Rossi into their group of centers.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I hope the Kings don't select Stutzle, he's going to be one of the best wingers in the game imo. Byfield will end up being one of the players people talk about "potential" for a long time imo.

I am starting to really think we select Drysdale.

2020 NHL Mock Draft | 2020 NHL Draft | NHL Draft
just posted an updated mock draft.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Scouts in pronman's article today say they think there is a chance Drysdale goes higher than expected.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Hoping Drysdale isnt the 6th pick but I'll trust Madden. He is a RH shot, good defensive IQ and would immediately be the best skater in the system, so the potential is there.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I hope the Kings don't select Stutzle, he's going to be one of the best wingers in the game imo. Byfield will end up being one of the players people talk about "potential" for a long time imo

I am starting to really think we select Drysdale.

2020 NHL Mock Draft | 2020 NHL Draft | NHL Draft
just posted an updated mock draft.
Interesting this mock has us taking Lapierre with our second first.

In an article posted this morning in the athletic Hendrix Lapierre was the guy 4 out of 7 scouts said would be the main player who you’d expect to go high but dropped for whatever reason (his being health)

one scout said he’s easily a top ten talent but several injuries including a head shot plagued him this season

Reactions: robbieboy3686

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I'm not entirely sure our scouting staff would be enthused about the prospect of drafting another Kase a mere few months after trading him out of concern for his injury woes. Lapierre is super talented but I'm not feeling that pick. Enough heartbreak. Lol.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm not entirely sure our scouting staff would be enthused about the prospect of drafting another Kase a mere few months after trading him out of concern for his injury woes. Lapierre is super talented but I'm not feeling that pick. Enough heartbreak. Lol.
Injuries are one part of the Kase story. The other was, of course, he was all over the puck but he was not scoring that much.
Gibson had injury problems and we still drafted him.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kase wasn't expected to be anything.... It's not like we've took high draft picks with injury concerns. I'd roll the dice on Lapierre for sure. Highly doubt he will be available when we choose.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kase wasn't expected to be anything.... It's not like we've took high draft picks with injury concerns. I'd roll the dice on Lapierre for sure. Highly doubt he will be available when we choose.
If lapierre is there at 27 I feel like you almost have to take him.... it’s potentially a huge steal. I feel the same way about Barron at 36

Reactions: Dmang714

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
I have a new theory about the draft: not only is LW the least valuable position, but it's also the most likely to bust.

I also think this might be a thing people already know about. LW is usually the least drafted position in the 1st round (in 2017 there were 0).

We have kind of an interesting history with that position too. Kariya was a LW obviously but so were arguably our two biggest draft busts (Chistov and Ritchie). And our two best LW's in recent memory (Ryan and Rakell) weren't originally drafted as left wings (I think this might be why Murray always talks about how it's better to draft centers because you can always slide them over to wing but you can't do the reverse).

LW's projected to go in the first this year:

-Lafreniere
-Stutzle
-Raymond
-Amirov
-Reichel
-Peterka

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have a new theory about the draft: not only is LW the least valuable position, but it's also the most likely to bust.

I also think this might be a thing people already know about. LW is usually the least drafted position in the 1st round (in 2017 there were 0).
Well, yeah, teams passed on Comtois and Texier - too bad for them :)

I'm not saying you're wrong though, this is just a comment.
Interesting theory, is there any idea behind it? We have always had problems with LW but have often had surplus of RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad