HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I am not opposed to Simmonds as a checking forward, front of net presence (and paid as such)

Same here. He also has family in Montreal, if I'm not mistaken.

But although the main goal should be to add scoring, it shouldn't stop you from trying to add some depth. And Simmonds is definitely someone I would welcome.

Last year was the first time since his rookie year he didn't hit the 30-point mark (25 pts). But last year was cut short, as well. If one of your depth guys can get you 25-30 pts, while adding size and grit, it's a positive.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm blown away by MULTIPLE members of the Montreal media continuing to juggle with the prospect of trading Max Domi for Josh Anderson, straight up.

Or am I the one whose crazy for thinking the Blue Jackets should be adding more to get Domi??

Just me???

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I'm blown away by MULTIPLE members of the Montreal media continuing to juggle with the prospect of trading Max Domi for Josh Anderson, straight up.

Or am I the one whose crazy for thinking the Blue Jackets should be adding more to get Domi??

Just me???
No. Unless the Habs have access to medical files unavailable to the Jackets, it feels like a bad idea.

Why are they moving him, if he's this 25-goals power forward?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
No. Unless the Habs have access to medical files unavailable to the Jackets, it feels like a bad idea.

Why are they moving him, if he's this 25-goals power forward?
Simple - CBJ lack C’s after PLD, and don’t have any within the system. Same as why have Jets been rumored to be looking at dealing Laine...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't hate the idea of Simmonds on the bottom 6 with PP time, he can still hold his own in front of the net.

Reactions: DAChampion

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
And that's the only reason? There are no health concerns?
Why would Habs surrender any assets for Anderson unless the medical staff has provided assurances the shoulder is nothing to worry about long term? If a player has a bum shoulder teams will not get insurance coverage for contracts, they will never acquire such a risk.

Anderson only played 26GP last season due to injury, 3-prior seasons missed 23GP total (78, 63, 82), with an uptick in G each of those 3-seasons. Last season was an anomaly not the standard unless medical staff does not authorize his shoulders integrity.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Why would Habs surrender any assets for Anderson unless the medical staff has provided assurances the shoulder is nothing to worry about long term? If a player has a bum shoulder teams will not get insurance coverage for contracts, they will never acquire such a risk.

Anderson only played 26GP last season due to injury, 3-prior seasons missed 23GP total (78, 63, 82), with an uptick in G each of those 3-seasons. Last season was an anomaly not the standard unless medical staff does not authorize his shoulders integrity.
Fair enough. It seems to me a power forward with shoulder injury history is a major red flag, but what do I know.

Still, I reserve the right for "I told you so" if it goes tits up.

Reactions: salbutera

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia

Just me???
I had to listen to dummies on the radio yesterday debate what they would add to the 16th overall pick to get Anderson . There is no way in hell they should be giving that pick even by itself to get him .

Reactions: 417

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009

He could be an option

He should absolutely be a target. They can overpay for him a bit and still fits under the cap. One of Domi/Tatar/Danault can be moved. RW depth on the team is somehow worse than LW.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
(UFA) - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Byron

Chariot - Weber
Edmonston - Petry
Romanov - Mete

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA