HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Unless a legit scorer is added, this roster is not even remotely close to the playoffs. People forget we were 24th before Covid
Adding a depth d man, a back up goalie and .38ppg player doesn’t change shit
Unless KK and Suzuki explode , the habs will be just as bad

They won't . they have a good backup goalie to stop losing slides + more size and grit.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Rangers get Lafrenniere, Sens get Stutzle, Habs get Anderson.

So many teams getting better and Montreal continues to be a mid 1st loser. Rags have Panarin and Zibanijad along with Kappo and now Laff. Leafs are strong, Sens are getting stronger ugghh so depressing to be a habs fan 20 years and counting

4hl1ys.jpg

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
They won't . they have a good backup goalie to stop losing slides + more size and grit.
TBAY, Bruins and leafs are in the playoffs In our division
Was, Pitt, Carolina are guaranteed
Islanders will make it as a wild card minimum
That leaves the habs battling for one spot with teams that are more talented
Size and grit don’t score goal. Talent does

Ranger, Philly and panthers are more talented than the habs. As of October 6, were a lottery team

Reactions: Miller Time

Jul 6, 2016
TBAY, Bruins and leafs are in the playoffs In our division
Was, Pitt, Carolina are guaranteed
Islanders will make it as a wild card minimum
That leaves the habs battling for one spot with teams that are more talented
Size and grit don’t score goal. Talent does

Explain to me how come Dallas with the second or third lowest average goals scored per game came to the NHL Finals then ?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Explain to me how come Dallas with the second or third lowest average goals scored per game came to the NHL Finals then ?
Dallas has better d than us. The habs were 24th at Covid. The stars weren’t. We’re not a playoff team
Not even close

Jul 6, 2016
Rangers get Lafrenniere, Sens get Stutzle, Habs get Anderson.

So many teams getting better and Montreal continues to be a mid 1st loser. Rags have Panarin and Zibanijad along with Kappo and now Laff. Leafs are strong, Sens are getting stronger ugghh so depressing to be a habs fan 20 years and counting

For your own mental health, maybe you just should root for another NHL , better team.

Jul 6, 2016
Dallas has better d than us. The habs were 24th at Covid. The stars weren’t. We’re not a playoff team
Not even close

So good D's and good goalies are enough to go far ? Price has shown he can do the job when well rested and healthy. Outside Heiskinen, the dallas D is very comparable, if not inferior to Habs one. Joel Henley, anyone ?

I am not saying that Habs have a great team now. I think they gonna be more competitive overall and have fair chances to make the Playoffs for many years in a near future.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
For your own mental health, maybe you just should root for another NHL , better team.
Those are the worst comebacks ever man
The habs are a shitty team ran by a horrible GM with little talent
Not one so called expert will pick them to make the playoffs

Reactions: BLONG7

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So good D's and good goalies are enough to go far ? Price has shown he can do the job when well rested and healthy. Outside Heiskinen, the dallas D is very comparable, if not inferior to Habs one. Joel Henley, anyone ?
Miro heiskanen , John klingberg

lol. Cherry picker. Habs are devoid of talent

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Well my interest in this team has been decreasing year over year. I was an optimistic fanboy but until Bergevin is gone and Molson gets a GM that commits to a direction this team will continue to be hot and cold.

Lukewarm Canadiens!

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I don't have a major beef with the moves made so far. Sure they're a bit speculative, especially Anderson and his wonky shoulders. But the team needs to be at once more talented and beefier, and I think that MB sees emulating the Isles and Jackets as a more feasible target than reconstructing the Lightning, given the current starting point. All three new players will chip in with that (and Allen could add 15-20 wins), as will the greater maturity of Kotka, Suzuki and, dare I say it, Drouin (who seems to thrive on Suzuki's line). Moreover, this team needs some finishers, and I can see Anderson be one. Moreover, a beefier team is not only harder to play against, but potentiates (provides more space for) the incoming crop of talented players like Norlinder and Caufield.

At least, he didn't get thoroughly fleeced. I don't think that the Columbus trade is a fleecing either way, but we need more Anderson than we do Domi, especially the 2020 vintage.

Reactions: blarneylad

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I don't have a major beef with the moves made so far. Sure they're a bit speculative, especially Anderson and his wonky shoulders. But the team needs to be at once more talented and beefier, and I think that MB sees emulating the Isles and Jackets as a more feasible target than reconstructing the Lightning, given the current starting point. All three new players will chip in with that (and Allen could add 15-20 wins), as will the greater maturity of Kotka, Suzuki and, dare I say it, Drouin (who seems to thrive on Suzuki's line). Moreover, this team needs some finishers, and I can see Anderson be one. Moreover, a beefier team is not only harder to play against, but potentiates (provides more space for) the incoming crop of talented players like Norlinder and Caufield.
He still has cap space available and there are still teams looking to shed so roster may not be final

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

I am not saying that Habs have a great team now. I think they gonna be more competitive overall and have fair chances to make the Playoffs for many years in a near future.
I take Oleksiak, Lindell and Klingberg over our 2nd, 3rd and 4th D anytime.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Not Patrick Roy trade bad for sure. But we substracted Domi, 2 3rd, 5th and lost a top 9 pick for Allen, Edmundson, Anderson and a little less cap space.
These are BargainBin moves. Are you surprised? Lateral moves for bottom players, plugs if you will or short term fixes. BargainBin can't get top talent to build a contender. The fans though love hard working guys and these bottom guys seem to bring that character. BargainBin has found a recipe for success to fill in the coffers. As for that ninth pick, well, the Habs had something to prove apparently.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You didnt lose a 9th pick. You never had it. Such a warped take to have.

Domi+ x2 3rds + 5th for Anderson, Allen , Edmundson.

Yes please. Id make that trade any day.
sure, except that's not how it happens.

Glad depth players make you happy though.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So, adding Anderson, Allen and Edmundson and Romy to the team so far, and subtracting Domi....and Lebrun, is saying MB wants Simmons. Why Simmons, now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad