HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
So, adding Anderson, Allen and Edmundson and Romy to the team so far, and subtracting Domi....and Lebrun, is saying MB wants Simmons. Why Simmons, now?
Size and toughness on the fourth line. Should be better then Weal, Belzile, and Weise

Reactions: Vachon23

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Size and toughness on the fourth line. Should be better then Weal, Belzile, and Weise
Sure but top 6 wingers should be better than Gallagher, Tatar which are fine on a 2nd Line
Then Drouin and Anderson? Yea, that’s weak
Oh and btw , Byron is now a 4th liner
Your size theory is gone

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So, adding Anderson, Allen and Edmundson and Romy to the team so far, and subtracting Domi....and Lebrun, is saying MB wants Simmons. Why Simmons, now?

Actually wouldn't mind that...

At this point it's clear that there's no plan or direction towards building a winning roster, so might as well load up another depth reclamation asset or to that we can sell off near the deadline...

And if, by luck, enough things go perfectly well for us & we snag a playoff spot, a healthy Simmons, Anderson & Edmundson might have more po success, with the refs letting things slide as they always do, than the likes of Ouellette/Hudon/Domi did

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Actually wouldn't mind that...

At this point it's clear that there's no plan or direction towards building a winning roster, so might as well load up another depth reclamation asset or to that we can sell off near the deadline...

And if, by luck, enough things go perfectly well for us & we snag a playoff spot, a healthy Simmons, Anderson & Edmundson might have more po success, with the refs letting things slide as they always do, than the likes of Ouellette/Hudon/Domi did
Have you seen Simmonds skate?? He can’t. New finished. Stay away

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm comfortable with the pick.. They had the sexy choices and chose this guy, means they really thought he was BPA. Now there is no excuse for not trading for more scoring though, cause the Anderson trade isn't enough.

Would be sweet if we could sign a UFA and trade Byron, for the cap space needed to do so, later in the offseason, when some teams missed out on UFAs.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Borderline playoff squad... 1-2 key injuries and we're back in lottery contention, but on plus side, with Tatar, Armia, Danault, Gally, Allen & Simmonds as a pretty solid group of ufas to potentially sell off...

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Lekhonen - JKO - Armia
Byron - Evans - Simmonds
Hudon

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Edmundson - Romanov
Kulak

Price
Allen

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Borderline playoff squad... 1-2 key injuries and we're back in lottery contention, but on plus side, with Tatar, Armia, Danault, Gally, Allen & Simmonds as a pretty solid group of ufas to potentially sell off...

Lekhonen - JKO - Armia
Byron - Evans - Simmonds
Hudon

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Edmundson - Romanov
Kulak

Price
Allen
Sorry man. That’s a lottery team. They won’t score. the PP wasn’t addressed.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

Lekhonen - JKO - Armia
Byron - Evans - Simmonds
Hudon

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Edmundson - Romanov
Kulak

Price
Allen
This is not a playoff team, tougher to play against but no offense. Anderson is injury prone. Too many small forwards and the D blows. Danault as your first line center, season will be long. So instead of finishing 12th, they will end up 10th. Great improvement.

Reactions: Zorba

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Lekhonen - JKO - Armia
Byron - Evans - Simmonds
Hudon

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Edmundson - Romanov
Kulak

Price
Allen

I personally don't see any single inkiey that would seriously doom this team except for Weber. Price and Petry would hurt, but not as much as it would on previous years.

I mean... there's depth everywhere. On D we have 7 NHL calibre Ds. We have a durable backup goalie. We have 3 very good C with Evans and Poehling who can fill in on the short term. And we have a lot of depth on the wings.

Or course, if we're plagued with injuries, we're in trouble. But so are a lot of teams.

We'll see as things go. But right now, I see us being better than Florida, Ottawa, Detroit and Buffalo. And we'll see what Boston does. But this team is getting older very quickly and might fall off a cliff soon. Tampa will be worse...

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007

Lekhonen - JKO - Armia
Byron - Evans - Simmonds
Hudon

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Edmundson - Romanov
Kulak

Price
Allen

Mete probably won't play much with Weber, so I disagree with your D.

Otherwise, WELL improved team. Great off-season by MB. People on this board are toxic and cannot see light anywhere.

Anderson, Edmundson and Allen improve each position. Romanov is a glimpse of the future. We will see how much impact he can have quickly. Really solid and deep team. People keep mentionning problems with scoring goals... but what they fail to realize that sometimes teams can't score goals because they can't get the puck out of their zone or because their forwards can't keep up the pressure in the O zone or because they get worn down by a tough opposition.

Montreal will not be easy to play against and will get more goals from Suz, KK and their linemates who will get to play with improved centers. Easily a playoff team next year I would say.

benthepr0p

Mar 7, 2018

Otherwise, WELL improved team. Great off-season by MB. People on this board are toxic and cannot see light anywhere.

Anderson, Edmundson and Allen improve each position. Romanov is a glimpse of the future. We will see how much impact he can have quickly. Really solid and deep team. People keep mentionning problems with scoring goals... but what they fail to realize that sometimes teams can't score goals because they can't get the puck out of their zone or because their forwards can't keep up the pressure in the O zone or because they get worn down by a tough opposition.

Montreal will not be easy to play against and will get more goals from Suz, KK and their linemates who will get to play with improved centers. Easily a playoff team next year I would say.
Or Suzuki has a sophomore slump, KK struggles producing with mediocre, checking wingers and we're in contention for a top 10 pick again. Far more likely given MB's track record so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gravity and Zorba

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Sure thing man. A back up goalie. A depth d man and a guy who averages .38ppg
PP is no better. Scoring winger not addressed
I’m glad this mediocre line up does it for you
We’re at best the 4th best team in our division
Florida May still be better
Habs are 10th at best.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Did not improve scoring: Check

Did not improve PP: Check

Did not draft BPA: Check

Will see the pooch on UFA day: Most probably Check

Got bigger but also get offensively weaker: Check

So far the off season is a D+

Reactions: benthepr0p

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I’ll withhold judgment till after FA.
Still a lot of good options to pick up a scoring winger and shore up the lineup.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
We need a powerplay quaterback. Shea and Jeff can score, but they cant read and create plays. We need a player ala Markov, who has a high hockey IQ and who can setup players. We wont be adressing that need.

We also need a high end player, who can contribute offensively. A top30 player in the league in points at the very least. We wont be adressing that need because we got Andersen, a 40points forward who’ll eat 4M$ on a 10M$ capspace.

Whos gon be our best offensive player this year? Suzuki? Tatar? Gallagher? 50-60pts max?

gon be a hell of a shit show.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I’ll withhold judgment till after FA.
Still a lot of good options to pick up a scoring winger and shore up the lineup.
Sure but with no cap space and the rumours of the habs wanting Simmonds don’t hold your breath
Unless cap is shed from now till Friday , there will be no significant upgrade

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Sorry man. That’s a lottery team. They won’t score. the PP wasn’t addressed.

If we luck out with a fully healthy season from all key players, and most guys hit or exceed expectations, then playoffs are possible...

But yeah, short of incredible luck, lottery is once again more likely than playoffs with the current situation.

Reactions: Zorba

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

I think it's very possible Mete outplayed Chiarot/Edmundson in CJ's eyes & earns a top 4 LD role to start the season... But either way, our top 4 LD is an area of weakness.

Anderson adds an element we lacked, if healthy, but he's also a clear downgrade for our top 9 offensive output... His career best doesn't match Domi's disappointing & uninspired productivity last year.

We've got a balanced depth, absolutely, but we lacked a top 6 & top 4 impact player to end the season, and we've added neither while downgrading the top 9 offensive capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad