HF Habs: 2020 Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
In case of Drouin I'd rate him as even worse than a 4th line plug. My example was for illustration purposes only but sure...let's take it literally.
The point is that Bergevin in his 8 years failed to acquire any premium scoring talent - and no... I don't consider an of the names you mentioned as "premium scoring talent".

He was tied for the team lead in playoff scoring.

People need to relax with their hate of Drouin. It’s why players don’t want to come to Montreal.

Reactions: dralaf and CHarlie

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
No thread for the Petry signing?

He'll be 38 when the contract will end.

Im willing to bet he'll stay on par for only half that contract.

What's the cap hit?

There is a thread. 4 years at $6.25 million. He will be 37 at the end of it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Petry signed that's one less UFA to worry about, wonder what happened with the rumors of the Habs and Armia talking contract?

And if Domi is a center then somebody is getting traded, you can't have him as the 4th line center or any of the 4.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So is that it for the off season? Bergevin gonna claim he can’t over pay anyone because he has to many rfa/UFA next season?
If this is our line up, we will be really bad

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
This should definitely close the debate...

...but it won't
That is an opinion piece by a hockey blogger, not an analysis by a tax accountant. The conclusions in that piece are not supported by the facts presented by the author. Furthermore some of the assumptions are questionable, e.g. that Subban might be considered a Canadian resident for tax purposes.

Sorry, but that article is fluff. I haven't read the RBC Wealth Management document that someone linked earlier, but I expect that it presents a more compelling argument.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
The draft hasn't happened yet. Free agency hasn't opened yet. Hell, the playoffs are still going on. What exactly do expect at this point?
Didnt say this point now did I
I said will he use next years expiring contracts for an excuse not to to add any offensive upgrades
If you saw the year end presser, he brought That up
And btw enough of the draft hasn’t happened , ufa hasn’t Happened. Trade deadline day hasn’t happened
All of Bergevins defenders use that excuse. History says he will not upgrade the top 6

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Didnt say this point now did I
I said will he use next years expiring contracts for an excuse not to to add any offensive upgrades
If you saw the year end presser, he brought That up
And btw enough of the draft hasn’t happened , ufa hasn’t Happened. Trade deadline day hasn’t happened
All of Bergevins defenders use that excuse.
History says he will not upgrade the top 6

People say that because it's a fact. You're the one spinning a narrative over it.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
People say that because it's a fact. You're the one spinning a narrative over it.
They say that when he’s done nothing and are buying time just like you are now
He’s never fixed the top 6. But hey he’s got all of the fall to do so, right?? Lol. Same bs lines

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Yup, we should be able to evaluate Bergevin's off-season within a week of free agency and they draft.
After a week you’ll hear that he still has time
You’ll hear the season doesn’t start for 2 months
You’ll know our line up like you said , a week after UFA. I venture to say a day after UFA

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
After a week you’ll hear that he still has time
You’ll hear the season doesn’t start for 2 months
You’ll know our line up like you said , a week after UFA. I venture to say a day after UFA

A few days, a week, whatever. Excuses taking place after that time will just be that, excuses.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
They say that when he’s done nothing and are buying time just like you are now
He’s never fixed the top 6. But hey he’s got all of the fall to do so, right?? Lol. Same bs lines

Again, you just can't stop pressing your narrative, can you?

I'm not here to defend Bergevin's past work or predict the work that he might (or might not) do in the future. Just to talk about the offseason. And the offseason is far from over when the Draft and FA are still to come.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Again, you just can't stop pressing your narrative, can you?

I'm not here to defend Bergevin's past work or predict the work that he might (or might not) do in the future. Just to talk about the offseason. And the offseason is far from over when the Draft and FA are still to come.
Again when did I say the off-season is over? When man
I said his defenders will use the same line as always.
That he still has time or wait till TRade deadline day.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Again when did I say the off-season is over? When man
I said his defenders will use the same line as always.
That he still has time or wait till TRade deadline day.

Lol, man, you said it in the first post I quoted from you:

So is that it for the off season? Bergevin gonna claim he can’t over pay anyone because he has to many rfa/UFA next season?
If this is our line up, we will be really bad

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad