GDT: 2020 Free Agency Part II: Embrace the Grind

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Wouldn't go higher than 6.5 for Landy.

Flat cap, and his play is trending downward.

He benefits so much from playing with MacK and Rants. Take him off that line, and 6.5 is more than fair, IMO.

Sakic will probably give him more, but he will regret it. It will be EJ all over again.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

He benefits so much from playing with MacK and Rants. Take him off that line, and 6.5 is more than fair, IMO.

Sakic will probably give him more, but he will regret it. It will be EJ all over again.

Take him off that line and it's a lot worse line. He is very important on and off the ice.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean lets not ignore how much Mack benefits from playing with Landy.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I also think that it was extremely important to see what Makar could do on the big stage last year, even if it was only 10 games. Remember, at that time we were still considering re-signing Tyson. The decision to trade him became a lot easier after we saw what Makar could do.

Absolutely. This doesn't get brought up enough.

Seeing how Cale looked against NHLers was a big part of the calculation for letting Barrie go.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I guess it depends which way you look at it.

I don’t think that offseason is going to be too much of an issue. It probably could have given them a forward on a one year contract, but long term it’s going to be a savings. The more sample size, the more he’d get paid.

He's getting paid regardless. But I'm glad we had Makar for that playoff and watch him score in his first game. So sick.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So then MacK is Joan of Arc and he is the sadistic serial killer and rapist of children?

I think this one's a deep cut. I could have just PM'd it to @McMetal.
giphy.gif

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
One of these players got 7x7, the other is Landy. In the last year before the contract for the player. Landy last season.

82 games 28G 23 A 51p .34 goals per game .28 assists per game .62 points per game
54 games 21 G 23A 44P .39 goals per game .43 assists per game .81 points per game

Landy's market rate is $8m, maybe 8.25m. Being in the 7s is a discount.

Thats a pre-covid contract. The market is variable year to year. Anders Lee got lucky he was signed pre-covid, he doesn't get 7x7 this off-season. Just like Pietroangelo gets more than 8.8 if its not a co-vid year or that Taylor Hall settles for less money than Jeff Skinner.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Thats a pre-covid contract. The market is variable year to year. Anders Lee got lucky he was signed pre-covid, he doesn't get 7x7 this off-season. Just like Pietroangelo gets more than 8.8 if its not a co-vid year or that Taylor Hall settles for less money than Jeff Skinner.

Gallagher got 6.5m post covid and is not nearly as good as Landy. A good player, but not as good. Landy is also 1 year post covid with a clearer landscape.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Joe Sakic is not Marc Bergevin.

I think there's a real chance he gets Landy in the $7's. It's not the same as MacKinnon or maybe even Mikko at his age. There are concerns over his hip problems affecting his mobility as he ages.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think Landeskog’s next contract will come in at somewhere between 7 and 7.5 million per year. Likely a retirement contract around 6/7 years. He could probably get 8 on the open market, but I suspect he’ll sign for a touch lower in Colorado. I don’t imagine he’ll want to leave, given how the team is shaping up and his role.

You never know I guess, since Petro left St. Louis, but that’s how I see it unfolding.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Gallagher got 6.5m post covid and is not nearly as good as Landy. A good player, but not as good. Landy is also 1 year post covid with a clearer landscape.

Bergervin is living in his own world unfortunately. He also signed Price to >10, Anderson to 5.5, Petry to 6.25, Alzner to 4.25 (bought out), Subban to 9?

I have no idea what 1 year post covid looks like, but I feel it might be even worse. Last season, at least we made it through 70 games with attendance. This season, who knows?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Bergervin is living in his own world unfortunately. He also signed Price to >10, Anderson to 5.5, Petry to 6.25, Alzner to 4.25 (bought out), Subban to 9?

I have no idea what 1 year post covid looks like, but I feel it might be even worse. Last season, at least we made it through 70 games with attendance. This season, who knows?
Traded Sergechev and a condition 2nd for Drouin.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
It's ironic. EJ has a horse named Landeskog. And who will be the next EJ on the team? Landeskog.

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010

How is it that Landy's play is trending downward? Landy was productive in the playoffs despite a slower start. He's in his prime right now and he is the defense catalyst on the top line which allows MacKinnon to do MacKinnon things.

Reactions: Foppa2118

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How is it that Landy's play is trending downward? Landy was productive in the playoffs despite a slower start. He's in his prime right now and he is the defense catalyst on the top line which allows MacKinnon to do MacKinnon things.
Yeah he’s definitely not declining yet. But his decline is very predictable and a little scary.

Reactions: MarkT and Avsboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad