GDT: 2020 Free Agency Part II: Embrace the Grind

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Probably walk away territory when the ruling is handed down...

I don't think they will, center is by far the weakest position for the Rags. If they walk away it either means they think Granlund or Haula is an upgrade over Strome or they're willing to take on TyJo +.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
How many points would Jost have had centering Panarin and Buchnevich or Kakko or whoever it was last year?

Would you rather have Jost at $3m or Strome at $5.7m?

Why am I asking these questions?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How many points would Jost have had centering Panarin and Buchnevich or Kakko or whoever it was last year?

<35

Strome at 5.7m

Best question of the three.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

They'd have to find a way to afford Strome at $5.7M first. So the question should be do you want Strome at $5.7M at the expense of X,Y,Z?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Strome will probably get something around $4-ish million, which is probably fine for what he brings to the table. $5.7 million is just plain ridiculous.

That's the whole game though of arbitration... aim high to raise the settling point. So many of the asks in arbitration are as ridiculous.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I figured as such, but I wish an arbitrator would just once sit down, look at one of the asks, laugh, and say "Are you kidding me?"

The interesting thing is that usually one side has an extremely low or high offer/ask, but it doesn't usually lead to the arbiter compromising in the middle.

They settle on a number based on the arguments made and the market, even if it's much closer to one side.

So the only thing these ridiculous numbers do is make one side look bad when they leak.

Reactions: Pokecheque

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Still holding onto the hope of signing Mikael Granlund to a one-year deal. He’d be a really nice 3C

Reactions: UncleRisto

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
After Columbus signs Dubois, Boston signs DeBrusk, and Chicago signs Strome, there will only be 6 teams with more than 4.8 mill in cap space (FLA, DET, OTT, NSH, LA, and NJ).

Barzal, Cirelli, and Sergachev all deserve more than 4.8 mill even as RFAs. Be interesting which of those 6 teams will help out NYI and TB with the cap space.

Reactions: MarkT and Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hope Tampa won't get out of this cap situation easily with some BS like LTIR.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Still holding onto the hope of signing Mikael Granlund to a one-year deal. He’d be a really nice 3C
I think things will remain quiet until the beginning of training camp, whenever that is, and then there will be a flurry of activity with signings, teams with cap space taking negative value contracts when they know the actual dollar cost and teams being able to LTIR.

Reactions: AvsCOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad