2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
First I've heard of it with him, not that I'm in the know real heavy. What's the take on his 'attitude issues'? Or is it more of a personality of a guy who plays with an edge on the ice.

His "issues" aren't any worse than DeAngelo's. Gunler is, in my opinion, the 3rd best skater in the 2020 draft after Lafreniere and Raymond

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Veeti Miettinen committed to play at St. Cloud State in the 20/21 season. Not sure if that's the right move, but intriguing nonetheless....

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
His "issues" aren't any worse than DeAngelo's. Gunler is, in my opinion, the 3rd best skater in the 2020 draft after Lafreniere and Raymond

Those are high marks for his skating. I don’t have him that high in that category. Above average for sure. Raymond is a lock for my number one skater. Gunler has the number one cannon. What a shooter.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Just wondering but has anyone heard or know the deal on Brian Boyle? Haven't heard much about him recently despite some blurbs a few months ago about possible Ranger interest.

I do think he'd make a nice addition to the club for the upcoming season for his veteran presence and I think he'd be a solid 4th liner and penalty killer. Or is his salary ask too much for us to handle considering our cap crunch? Anyone?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just wondering but has anyone heard or know the deal on Brian Boyle? Haven't heard much about him recently despite some blurbs a few months ago about possible Ranger interest.

I do think he'd make a nice addition to the club for the upcoming season for his veteran presence and I think he'd be a solid 4th liner and penalty killer. Or is his salary ask too much for us to handle considering our cap crunch? Anyone?
Not much. Heard he was holding out for better offers than he had been receiving.

You should ask in the Around the NHL thread. This is for draft prospects and UDFA players (kids that are free agents because they weren't drafted).

Reactions: Maximus

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Those are high marks for his skating. I don’t have him that high in that category. Above average for sure. Raymond is a lock for my number one skater. Gunler has the number one cannon. What a shooter.
I could be wrong but I think he meant “skater” as in “non-goalie”, and not “skating ability”.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
The real question is, if the Rangers won the lottery again and move up to 2 or 3 instead of 1 again, do they take Byfield over Raymond or Holtz? I’m inclined to say yes.

Would they take him over Lafreniere? Now that is a good question.

Way too early to tell. So far Lafreniere is the clear cut No. 1. With that said, though, there are a lot of other players that can contribute big time draft year numbers. Looking at Byfield, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti and Lundell specifically, but there can be others climbing up, too. Looking at Holloway, Lapierre, Rossi, Drysdale, Barron, Zary, Mysak, etc. I could even see Askarov climbing in that top 5 range, as well.

This draft is incredibly talented!!

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The real question is, if the Rangers won the lottery again and move up to 2 or 3 instead of 1 again, do they take Byfield over Raymond or Holtz? I’m inclined to say yes.

Absolutely not. Lafreniere over the rest and the gap is a much bigger than the boards are making it seem right now. I’ll hold my hand to the fire on this one. Laf is already a lock for #1.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The Rangers would be doing if they got the 2nd pick again.

IMO Byfeld is the guy.

Reminds me of Mike Modano.

The other guy I'd take at two is Cole Perfetti.

Guy is going to be a lock for 30-30 seasons in the NHL.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

Lafrenière
Byfield
Raymond
Holtz

my top 4 as ok now. Need to see Lundell without Kakko, only saw him with Kakko.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
2020 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

Draftsite updated their site to a nice sleeker design. Still trying to get used to it. Nonetheless, here's their updated mock....

1 (12) C/LW: Antonio Stranges (USA)(5'10"/170lbs., Shot: Left, London/OHL)
2 (43) C/RW: Seth Jarvis (CAN)(5'9"/165lbs., Shot: Right, Portland/WHL)
3 (84) LW: Roby Jarventie (FIN)(6'2"/185lbs., Shot: Left, Ilves/Liiga)

Some big contributors there. Wouldn't mind this haul as an early 3 round mock. Thoughts?
Could not pass on Holloway there.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Admittedly, not much. I know he's got a pro frame already against men and is hard to knock off the puck. Shot is pretty nice, too. I'll have to do some more homework before I can give an assessment.
He seems to have a game that fits into what Quinn & Gorton are building. He also seems to be someone that can sneak into the top 10 or fall out of the first round

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
He seems to have a game that fits into what Quinn & Gorton are building. He also seems to be someone that can sneak into the top 10 or fall out of the first round

Well it seems he's on quite a rise. I'm sure once the seasons get underway more video will pop up. :)

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Yeah, we need to scout the shit out of the upcoming centerman-class. If the draft is as special as everyone is saying, we should get someone proper anywhere in the 1st round.
What we need to do is to determine the sleepers. Seems to me this draft should have plenty of those late 1st steals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad