2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Nice recap on each guy but not sure I’ve seen anyone else claim their is competition for the top pick. Still a full year to change but I think lafreniere is considered the run away consensus #1 like Hughes last year.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Nice recap on each guy but not sure I’ve seen anyone else claim their is competition for the top pick. Still a full year to change but I think lafreniere is considered the run away consensus #1 like Hughes last year.

Not all teams had J.Hughes #1 going into the draft according to Dan Rosen (NHL.com). The Devils was one of the teams that did. Kakko had such a stellar draft season he managed to displace the chosen one at least for some teams. Obviously Lafreniere is the favorite going into the season, but just maybe someone can emerge as a clear contestant for the throne this year as well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I hate Button and his comps. It's like he can't just describe a player without making a comp that generally ends up looking outlandish. During one of the WJSS games, he was talking about Caufield, and he turns to the PBP guy (whoever it was) and is just like, "We all like comparisons, what your comp for Caufield?" And then the other dude was silent for like 10 seconds, because not everyone likes to come up with potential-HOF comparisons for every talented teenager they see. Button eventually started talking again. So weird.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I honestly didn't watch much of the Hlinka cup so I can't really defend or debate the claims Button makes. All I know from that.... Perfetti is legit!!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Askarov is unreal. He is the best player in this age group. Won't go first because he's a goalie but he's that special.

Reactions: CLW

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Let’s see, a full year left. Definitely think there can be competition.

Laf is a sick player, but also fairly mature. There are many good players in the running.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Let’s see, a full year left. Definitely think there can be competition.

Laf is a sick player, but also fairly mature. There are many good players in the running.

Yeah a year is a long time and there could be competition following wjc but right now a year before the draft I think it’s a pretty clear cut race for #1

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I honestly didn't watch much of the Hlinka cup so I can't really defend or debate the claims Button makes. All I know from that.... Perfetti is legit!!
I found it interesting that Button had made no mention of Holtz. Kid is a scoring machine.

Again, to me Dylan Holloway is a realistic target today. If I had my druthers, the Rangers would be able to come away with a Lundell in that 5-10 range. Jan Mysak has also made his way onto my radar. Not sure where he slots in, but can also be a target in the 6-10 range. For our intense prospect watcher group, any thoughts?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Some personal news-all but confirmed (just need to work out a few details), I will be joining The Hockey Writers covering prospects (NHL affiliated and draft eligible.) Unfortunately the Rangers position wasn’t open or else I’d be doing that too. Turning 19 in a few days and this is a great opportunity, hopefully bigger things ahead. I’m going to try to take a different approach to evaluating prospects as well rather than simple scouting reports so this should be fun

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Some personal news-all but confirmed (just need to work out a few details), I will be joining The Hockey Writers covering prospects (NHL affiliated and draft eligible.) Unfortunately the Rangers position wasn’t open or else I’d be doing that too. Turning 19 in a few days and this is a great opportunity, hopefully bigger things ahead. I’m going to try to take a different approach to evaluating prospects as well rather than simple scouting reports so this should be fun
Congrats! Definitely well earned and deserved!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Everyone starts somewhere. Make it your own, find what works for you, and then keep working to improve and enhance it.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I found it interesting that Button had made no mention of Holtz. Kid is a scoring machine.

Again, to me Dylan Holloway is a realistic target today. If I had my druthers, the Rangers would be able to come away with a Lundell in that 5-10 range. Jan Mysak has also made his way onto my radar. Not sure where he slots in, but can also be a target in the 6-10 range. For our intense prospect watcher group, any thoughts?

Thoughts on who specifically?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Congrats, man!! Keep in touch!! :)

Reactions: Lays

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Either we get one of these super prospects or we get someone decent if we make a playoff run. Either works because at the end of the day, its who you scout and i am sure if this draft is that deep, we'll get a special player. Ultimate scenario: finish 12th or something and win the lottery again. Not realistic but hopeful:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad