2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
byfield is easily my #1 unrealistic pipe dream...I look forward to watching the disappointment build over the next 10 months

Again, never a guarantee, but I guess I am crazy for preferring one more down year and a chance at having this kid for a decade vice 4 or so years of elite level play from Panarin that doesn't align with our kid's timelines. It's going to really suck to be mediocre this year.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
The 2020 draft really makes the timing of the Panarin and Trouba signings sting a little. The team should be better than last year, but we give up a major spot in the top 10 of the 2020 draft. We can only hope to luck out in the lottery again.
I mean, in my view that’s what you’re always hoping to get. Just look at last year where the Blackhawks moved up 9 spots and the Avs (via Ottawa) fell from 1st to 4th. Play the games the right way, make the moves you need to make with an eye on the future, and let the chips fall where they may.

(I too was on the fence re: Panarin specifically, but that has more to do with his age and the timing of the Rangers’ window. Now that he’s here, though, I look forward to rooting for him.)

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The 2020 draft really makes the timing of the Panarin and Trouba signings sting a little. The team should be better than last year, but we give up a major spot in the top 10 of the 2020 draft. We can only hope to luck out in the lottery again.

last year the hockey gods rewarded us and the hawks from doing it the right way and playing with integrity down to the final game in the lottery so I'm banking my hopes on that again lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The real question for the 2020 draft is this:

Who do we draft from TPS? We've gone 4 straight seasons doing so. It'd be a shame to break the cycle.

Mikael Pyyhtiä
Eemil Viro
Juuso Pärssinen
Aarne Intonen
Valtteri Pulli

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Well, at least it’s and incredibly deep draft that we will likely have two 1sts for. There will be studs to pick from after the top 10.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Who do we draft from TPS? We've gone 4 straight seasons doing so. It'd be a shame to break the cycle.

Mikael Pyyhtiä
Eemil Viro
Juuso Pärssinen
Aarne Intonen
Valtteri Pulli

Parssinen was a Predator pick in the 7th round in June. Out of those listed, though, I'm intrigued to see what Pulli does. Looks pretty good on paper.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The Rangers are finishing probably around 10 to 13th worst in the league give or take. It makes me smile seeing all of these kids that have legitimate claim as top 10 picks. The Rangers are going to get a very good player in that range.

Reactions: egelband

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Mikael Pyyhtiä
Eemil Viro
Juuso Pärssinen
Aarne Intonen
Valtteri Pulli

I would go with Ruben Rafkin a former TPS junior who plays this season in Windsor Spitfires.
Rafkin is 182cm ( 6'0 ) tall RD who loves to play physical game and give heavy hits.

Rafkin is more defensive dman than puck-moving dman.
And he's projected to go somewhere in rounds 3 to 7.
Ruben Rafkin at eliteprospects.com
Ruben Rafkin

Reactions: Joey Bones

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Rangers are finishing probably around 10 to 13th worst in the league give or take. It makes me smile seeing all of these kids that have legitimate claim as top 10 picks. The Rangers are going to get a very good player in that range.
I just said his name in a different thread, but around there, Mr. Holloway come on down. If they finish 5-6 (not unrealistic), give me Lundell.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I feel the same way. But I try to remind my self just how — very unlikely — it is to get a top pick even if you suck. The 31st team don’t even have a better than even shot at top 3. 3-4 other teams will suck ballz.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What if instead of drafting a player from TPS we draft the best player?

This board have had enough flame wars and you and Birdman must settle this once and for all.

What if we found common ground and draft the best player — from TPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad