2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
ok, I surely overrate size, but still think we need much more of that. On the other side the kid oozes talent. Will be the old center or wing discussion though.

It's gonna be a fun year.

We do have a lot of “soft” size (at least). Buch, Kravy, Howden, Chytil, Kakko, Lemieux and co are all big guys.

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
You think that he is a top 10 pick?

Mynhldraft has him at 11, and they’re based on a scouting service ranking of which I don’t remember. Sounds like he could be in that range from I’ve gathered so far. He seems like a highly-skilled center not unlike whom the Rangers were looking at in this past draft.

Reactions: brians1128

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Mynhldraft has him at 11, and they’re based on a scouting service ranking of which I don’t remember. Sounds like he could be in that range from I’ve gathered so far. He seems like a highly-skilled center not unlike whom the Rangers were looking at in this past draft.
Very, very early, but would rather have Holloway. At least as of today. And as I said earlier, Mysak is another one that is on the ultra early radar. But as we know, things will change throughout year. Last year at this time, my realistic choice was Boldy and the "realistic hope" choice was Dach. Then as the plummet unfolded, Byram became the one to pound the table for. And then Kakko wound up being in the fold.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Since when is it being one inch away from 6'0" midget sized? lololol
I think he was referring more to him being 165, but that's obviously prone to fluctuation since he's only 17 years old. I just don't know enough about him, and the DEL seems like a strange league to try to predict future NHL performance. Most of the prominent German forwards all spent at least some time in Canadian juniors, so it was easier to get a read on them. His pre-draft numbers do look really impressive, but I still just don't know enough about the DEL to get an accurate read on him.

The one I'm going to keep on eye on after the Hlinka is Hendrix Lapierre. He was already one of the best players on his team last year, and I think he's primed to torch the Q this year. Early on, the main CHL kids besides Byfield and Perfetti I'm keeping an eye on this year are Foudy, Lapierre, Jake Perreault, and Zary.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I think he was referring more to him being 165, but that's obviously prone to fluctuation since he's only 17 years old. I just don't know enough about him, and the DEL seems like a strange league to try to predict future NHL performance. Most of the prominent German forwards all spent at least some time in Canadian juniors, so it was easier to get a read on them. His pre-draft numbers do look really impressive, but I still just don't know enough about the DEL to get an accurate read on him.

The one I'm going to keep on eye on after the Hlinka is Hendrix Lapierre. He was already one of the best players on his team last year, and I think he's primed to torch the Q this year. Early on, the main CHL kids besides Byfield and Perfetti I'm keeping an eye on this year are Foudy, Lapierre, Jake Perreault, and Zary.

I mean the same comparison could be said about a lot of players who made the NHL with a similar fram. Christensen is what I think, but again I haven't seen enough of him either, ATM.

A lot to be excited for, no doubt!!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Wisconsin is playing the University of British Columbia this weekend.

Ray Ferraro lives in BC. He is also Tony Granaro’s brother in law. His 2nd wife is Cammie Granato. Ray went to the game last night.

Reactions: egelband

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Depending on where we pick, I'll prefer a NA center over Stützle. He does look dynamic though. His stats are somewhat close to Draisaitl, who played one more U16 season than Stützle. Drai had 192 pts in 29 games (hot damn) as a 14 year old, Stützle 83 in 32 same age in the U16 league. In the DNL (German CHL I suppose) they are much closer Stützle with 55 and Draisaitl with 56, both age 17. Very interesting, I should catch a game in Mannheim this year.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Joey will like this. My contact brought me with him to the locker room so I could meet Gunler who was doing cardio after not playing a lot of minutes

Reactions: Joey Bones

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Stützle was amazing against the Vienna Capitals but that was a game Adler won 6-1 and honestly, the Capitals are garbage this year. But when he did it again and again in the CHL, that's when you could see the raw talent. He oozes confidence and for someone who was looking forward to seeing the Swedish big 3, Stützle is a kid that has probably joined that group of prospects I'm excited to see more from. It's crazy how Adler produces gems like this for back-to-back drafts

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Stutzle just feels like a perfect fit in that 2C spot right behind Zibanejad. Just love the high-end skill.

Reactions: Cag29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad