2019 Traverse City Prospect Tournament (Sept. 6-10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
I really don't understand why so many people around the draft were so low on Dach. Every time I've watched him play he's impressed me. I expect him to become a similar player to Matt Duchene, just bigger.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I really don't understand why so many people around the draft were so low on Dach. Every time I've watched him play he's impressed me. I expect him to become a similar player to Matt Duchene, just bigger.

Dach was a great pick and I said that the second he was picked 3rd overall.

Anyone who saw his playoff series against Prince Albert know what a beast mode of a performance he had.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Day One Complete.

Toronto 6 -- St. Louis 2
SCORING SUMMARY
Period 1
St. Louis Blues - Robby Jackson (unassisted) 2:10
Toronto Maple Leafs - Colt Conrad (Marc-Antoine Pepin, Jesper Lindgren) 2:21
St. Louis Blues - Alexey Toropchenko (unassisted) 3:52
Period 2
Toronto Maple Leafs - Giorgio Estephan (power play) (unassisted) 1:06
Toronto Maple Leafs - Justin Brazeau (Colt Conrad, Semyon Der-Arguchintsev) 7:21
Toronto Maple Leafs - Nicholas Robertson (power play) (Teemu Kivihalme) 10:13
Toronto Maple Leafs - Teemu Kivihalme (power play) (Semyon Der-Arguchintsev) 12:12
Toronto Maple Leafs - Trey Bradley (power play) (Giorgio Estephan) 13:10
Period 3
(no scoring)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Chicago 5 -- Detroit 4 (OT)

SCORING SUMMARY
Period 1
Detroit Red Wings - Ryan Kuffner (power play) (Moritz Seider) 3:10
Chicago Blackhawks - Mikael Hakkarainen (MacKenzie Entwistle, Dennis Gilbert) 6:09
Chicago Blackhawks - Kirby Dach (Brandon Hagel, Riley McKay) 7:34
Chicago Blackhawks - MacKenzie Entwistle (Nicolas Beaudin) 12:33
Chicago Blackhawks - Jack Ramsey (Brandon Hagel, Cole Moberg) 14:52
Period 2
Detroit Red Wings - Jarid Lukosevicius (power play) (Charle-Edouard DAstous, Ryan Kuffner) 10:04
Detroit Red Wings - Joe Veleno (unassisted) 12:21
Detroit Red Wings - Joe Veleno (power play) (Filip Zadina, Taro Hirose) 18:47
Period 3
(no scoring)
Overtime
Chicago Blackhawks - Brandon Hagel (Adam Boqvist, Kirby Dach) 0:43
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Day One Complete.

Toronto 6 -- St. Louis 2
SCORING SUMMARY
Period 1
St. Louis Blues - Robby Jackson (unassisted) 2:10
Toronto Maple Leafs - Colt Conrad (Marc-Antoine Pepin, Jesper Lindgren) 2:21
St. Louis Blues - Alexey Toropchenko (unassisted) 3:52
Period 2
Toronto Maple Leafs - Giorgio Estephan (power play) (unassisted) 1:06
Toronto Maple Leafs - Justin Brazeau (Colt Conrad, Semyon Der-Arguchintsev) 7:21
Toronto Maple Leafs - Nicholas Robertson (power play) (Teemu Kivihalme) 10:13
Toronto Maple Leafs - Teemu Kivihalme (power play) (Semyon Der-Arguchintsev) 12:12
Toronto Maple Leafs - Trey Bradley (power play) (Giorgio Estephan) 13:10
Period 3
(no scoring)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Chicago 5 -- Detroit 4 (OT)

SCORING SUMMARY
Period 1
Detroit Red Wings - Ryan Kuffner (power play) (Moritz Seider) 3:10
Chicago Blackhawks - Mikael Hakkarainen (MacKenzie Entwistle, Dennis Gilbert) 6:09
Chicago Blackhawks - Kirby Dach (Brandon Hagel, Riley McKay) 7:34
Chicago Blackhawks - MacKenzie Entwistle (Nicolas Beaudin) 12:33
Chicago Blackhawks - Jack Ramsey (Brandon Hagel, Cole Moberg) 14:52
Period 2
Detroit Red Wings - Jarid Lukosevicius (power play) (Charle-Edouard DAstous, Ryan Kuffner) 10:04
Detroit Red Wings - Joe Veleno (unassisted) 12:21
Detroit Red Wings - Joe Veleno (power play) (Filip Zadina, Taro Hirose) 18:47
Period 3
(no scoring)
Overtime
Chicago Blackhawks - Brandon Hagel (Adam Boqvist, Kirby Dach) 0:43
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Small change, but I believe the third Leafs goal was Robertson, not Brazeau. Thanks for the box scores though!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What I said on the wings board about the wings players:

Seider looked nasty out there. Jumping into the play and attacking on offense, hes not a stay at home guy. I've read he has a bit of a mean streak and he had about 3 big hits tonight (at least 2 of which were on Dach after that cheapshot) and then he went right after Dach after the last buzzer. He was getting shots through from the point. Way more offensive game than I expected but when everyonet alked about him they said he plays way more offensive with his age group like in the World Juniors.

I thought Veleno looked really good, I thought Zadina was absolutely snake bitten and like Regner kept saying once he figures it out hes going to score a lot he probably had 6 shots in the third. Hirose was solid and I think Smith might still make it as an energy line guy.

Lindstrom looked solid as well. Very stay at home, could pan out to be a ~2009 Ericsson which isnt bad at all. Out of the no namers the only person I really noticed was Mcrea on D. I liked his play in his own end

Ill add Hawks players for those who couldnt watch:

I was mostly watching for the big names. Boqvist scored in OT but was pretty unnoticeable all game. The OT goal was from a horrible angle. Beaudin I noticed a couple times but he was just pretty steady all game.

Dach was really good all game but seemed his most dangerous on the PP. Not sure if the hit on Seider was clean or not (how can anyone pretend they can tell from that one angle?) but they had an awesome battle the rest of the game. After that"borderline" hit, Seider smoked Dach a couple times and was clearly pissed off at him but Dach kept coming right back and didnt back down. They even went at each other at the final buzzer. One undrafted name that I kept hearing was Hagel (?). He didnt do anything crazy but he always seemed to be in the mix, winning some puck battles and things like that.

Overall I would say the story of the game was goaltending. Fulcher let in 4 goals on the first ~10 shots but Detroit carried most of the play from then on. Even the OT goal was from a really bad angle (I didnt see how well the shot was placed though but seemed like it shoulda been stopped). If goaltending is equal it shoulda been about 6-3 wings with Dach and Seider the 2 best players on the ice

Reactions: Dominance and Le CH

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Small change, but I believe the third Leafs goal was Robertson, not Brazeau. Thanks for the box scores though!

Yea, I noted earlier the boxscores will be off a bit. The stat keeping for the tournament is not very good.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Detroit Chicago
Boqvist - really soft decisions with the puck tonight.
Beaudoin - Kind of the same.
Dach - beast. Best player on the ice.
Gravel - Was really good for the Hawks. A couple stellar saves. Right-handed catching mitt was on display a lot.
Hakkarainen - Never heard of him, but he was good.
Kurashev - No points, but good, smart player with good skates.
---
Fulcher - Really bad for Detroit. Toledo may be too much for him.
Zadina - Always thought he was overhyped. But still thought he'd be a good top six forward. Maybe a faster, bigger Tatar. Now I'm wondering if I overhyped him myself. Shot looks weak sometimes.
Veleno - Scored twice. And they were good goals. Also had six shots. But going back to the development camp, I sense a sort of complacency in his game. He's got speed. but does he have hustle? He's got skill. But does he have desire? Still, an awesome pick at 30 and I'm looking forward to his development. I just wonder if he's got what it takes to hit that next level.
Seider - Has size, smarts and speed. Not sure he'll ever have more than that, or if he needs more than that to be a valuable piece for Detroit.
Lindstrom - Plays with aggression. I'll give him that.
D'astous - He's a bit older than some at 21. But I think he was Detroit's best blueliner today ... except on the Dach goal, which I think victimized D'astous or Lindstrom.
Lucas Savages or whatever - He's way older than everyone else, but he was Detroit's most noticeable player. Every shift he made things happen.
G. Smith- Usually, this guy impresses me when I watch him. Not tonight. Too quiet.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Yeah, especially with that blindside hit on Seider, that was amazing!!!!

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Yeah, especially with that blindside hit on Seider, that was amazing!!!!

I'm a Wings fan and because Seider was completely fine afterwards, I'm pretty unfazed by the hit. Seider admitted in the post game interview that he was intentionally trying to get in Dach's head and get him off his game. Dach's hit was in retaliation to Seider hitting him for most of the game.

Seider's fine, there's no point in getting upset about that hit. And it doesn't take away that Dach had a pretty solid game tonight. Seider did as well.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

Lots were low but many were high on him too, more so for the whl fans.

Reactions: bukwas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad