2019 Traverse City Prospect Tournament (Sept. 6-10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I have no idea about any of the games of the other group. I only watched the Stars games and a few of the teams in their group to see if they finish first. If you're talking about games from the other group ? No clue .

In general certain type of hits in exhibition tournamets/game just shouldn't happen. Dach was already out of the play . The Wild player didn't need to throw him into the boards there .

It looked to me like Dach had literally just gotten rid of the puck but cant tell for sure. Boarding isnt a bad call especially given its a prospect tournament but it seemd weird people think its only "plugs" making these hits when Dach himself made a borderline one the first game of the tournament.

These are all young kids trying to make a mark somehow. If that is laying out a 6'3, 3rd overall pick then maybe it will catch someones eye. But its not just the undrafted guys doing this kind of stuff, its been happening since sports started. Young guys try to leave an impression. I also think its ridiculous when people in an HF thread call this tournament meaningless or pointless. This is a lot of these kids last shots at NHL contracts, you really think its meaningless to the people playing? Nobody on Minnesota cares if Dach is Chicagos top prospect and hf posters will be mad about a hit, they care about earning an NHL contract

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It looked to me like Dach had literally just gotten rid of the puck but cant tell for sure. Boarding isnt a bad call especially given its a prospect tournament but it seemd weird people think its only "plugs" making these hits when Dach himself made a borderline one the first game of the tournament.

These are all young kids trying to make a mark somehow. If that is laying out a 6'3, 3rd overall pick then maybe it will catch someones eye. But its not just the undrafted guys doing this kind of stuff, its been happening since sports started. Young guys try to leave an impression. I also think its ridiculous when people in an HF thread call this tournament meaningless or pointless. This is a lot of these kids last shots at NHL contracts, you really think its meaningless to the people playing? Nobody on Minnesota cares if Dach is Chicagos top prospect and hf posters will be mad about a hit, they care about earning an NHL contract

Of course its not meaningless. Ben Gleason last season earned himself an ELC in traverse city and even played in 4 NHL games but not by throwing unneccesary hits. I just don't think that type of play still earns you contracts the way the NHL is going.

Yeah i know if you invite goons they're going to try to goon it up to earn themselves contracts but since the NHL is going away from that i don't see why teams even invite those type of players anymore. Just invite guys can potentially help your minor league teams and maybe have some hidden upside .

Invited goons in exhibition games is a recipe for dumb plays and potentially injuries

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

Puck was off his stick for two Mississippi.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Glad that the Stars prospects are playing well. Obviously biased, but their system is severely slept on. Bunch of late round picks and UDFAS that’re looking like they have NHL futures.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Glad that the Stars prospects are playing well. Obviously biased, but their system is severely slept on. Bunch of late round picks and UDFAS that’re looking like they have NHL futures.

No no, this is bottom 5 pool.. just as Pronman.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Of course it’s Veleno that ends up beating Dallas. Nice job Wings, good to see a young roster win this thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad