2019 Traverse City Prospect Tournament (Sept. 6-10)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Gordie Howe Divsion:

1st - Detroit (2-0-0-1) 7 Points
2nd - Toronto (2-1-0-0) 6 Points
3rd - St. Louis (1-2-0-0) 3 Points
4th - Chicago (0-2-1-0) 2 Points

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Why aren't the Rangers going to championship?

Three point games. They lost 1 game in regular, won 1 game in regulation, and won 1 game in OT, so it's 5 points (2 points for an OT win). If they had won in regulation they'd play for the championship

Reactions: OTC

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wings Leafs looked like a lot of the players were getting worn down from so many games. Not a lot of standouts. I liked Robertsons game for Toronto, not sure hes a high end guy but hes a guy who will help win a playoff series if he pans out with his buzz saw style. Detroit I liked Smith and Veleno. Smith could be one of those high end role players who can change a game with a hit, fight or the odd point. Seider looked solid again but I would say that was the game he stood out the least for sure

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I didn't recognize near half of the players on the MN team. There was only one player(Sturm) who has a decent shot at making the big club this year, and a couple of other longshots(Sokolov, Bitten).

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Rangers are sitting Kakko, Kravtsov, and Fox today. Don't want them getting hurt before preseason.

Reactions: Dempsey

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Not sure why teams invite plugs to this tournament. I know you need to fill a roster, but there is lots of talent in the CHL or undrafted NCAA guys looking for pro contracts.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not sure why teams invite plugs to this tournament. I know you need to fill a roster, but there is lots of talent in the CHL or undrafted NCAA guys looking for pro contracts.

So are the plugs and thats how you end up with cheap shots thrown in prospect games. Still not sure why plugs are invited in the first place. Don't even think there's much of a role for those type of players left even in the AHL at this point.

Some of the guys invited by some teams are clearly not there for there hockey skills.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pilon bros are the new Hansons'.

Sokolov didn't play against the Hawks?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Why does anyone throw a hit like that in a prospects exhibition tournament ?

I dont mind that getting called boarding, and its hard to tell from the bad video quality, but that hit didnt look horrible to me? Dach had the puck, got hit but went into the boards awkwardly... unless I'm seeing it wrong. No worse than Dachs hit on Seider in an earlier game. Nobody complained about plugs throwing borderline hits when he was doing it though.

For the record, I couldnt really tell if this hit on Dach or Dachs hit on Seider were actually clean from the angles I saw but both look borderline at least.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I dont mind that getting called boarding, and its hard to tell from the bad video quality, but that hit didnt look horrible to me? Dach had the puck, got hit but went into the boards awkwardly... unless I'm seeing it wrong. No worse than Dachs hit on Seider in an earlier game. Nobody complained about plugs throwing borderline hits when he was doing it though.

For the record, I couldnt really tell if this hit on Dach or Dachs hit on Seider were actually clean from the angles I saw but both look borderline at least.

I have no idea about any of the games of the other group. I only watched the Stars games and a few of the teams in their group to see if they finish first. If you're talking about games from the other group ? No clue .

In general certain type of hits in exhibition tournamets/game just shouldn't happen. Dach was already out of the play . The Wild player didn't need to throw him into the boards there .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad