2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Just caught the end of Bruins/Jackets

at the risk of sounding like the Isles fans during our first round, keep firing ***holes. Beat each other half to death. Play some more overtimes. Please.

Definitely pulling for the Jackets though, we want that home ice. Dundon be like

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
We’re going to have to play the Bruins. Ugh.

That ****ing team gets every ****ing bounce/break.

Last time we played them in the playoffs they got a big break. Aaron Wards broken face

Not super scared of that team. I think we would run circles around them. We basically did during the regular season, even though we went 1-2 against them.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
That makes total sense to me. In the very short time I have been watching Mrazek has been amazing. So I say give it a go with him.
Some board history: for years, we would beg management to make some moves. Pay for a goalie! Pay for a first line winger to play with Eric Staal! Pay for a decent defenseman! And because the owner was cheap, they never did. And the joke was always the same after every failed free agency or draft deadline: "We Like Our Group." (Which coach or GM first said that? Paul Maurice maybe? I don't even remember.)

Which is why it's so funny that, for the first time in a decade, I think We Actually Like Our Group.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'd really prefer the Jackets to win. Not because they'd be an easier matchup (I actually think they'd be worse for us), but because the Bruins are the only team remaining I don't want to see win the Cup.

Every other team, I wouldn't mind seeing them win (for various different reasons). If Boston wins, it'll be like "Oh, another Boston sports championship. How exciting..."

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I'd really prefer the Jackets to win. Not because they'd be an easier matchup (I actually think they'd be worse for us), but because the Bruins are the only team remaining I don't want to see win the Cup.

Every other team, I wouldn't mind seeing them win (for various different reasons). If Boston wins, it'll be like "Oh, another Boston sports championship. How exciting..."

This. After all the exciting shit that's happened in these playoffs, if it ends with a Boston win it's going to be so f***ing dumb.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Whoever the Canes play, they have to stay out of the penalty box. Both CLB and BOS are converting at close to 30% in the playoffs.

Through 12 games, Boston has 21 5v5 goals and 10 5v4 goals. Through 9 games, CLB has 15 5v5 goals and 8 5v4 goals.

With 11 games played, Carolina has 26 5v5 goals and 4 (LOL) 5v4 goals. If the Canes get into a special teams contest, they will have a hard time beating either of these teams, particularly with the PK being only 75% in the playoffs and TVR missing from the line-up.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Then Edwards would ***** that we disrespected John McKenzie by retiring #19 in honor of Dougie Hamilton.

MY EUROPEAN REAR END CARES A LITTLE ABOUT JOHN MCKENZIE.

Hertl and Couture are carrying the Sharks right now.

HERTL IS AWESOME.

On a general note, I’d be probably the least sour person here if Bruins won, but that’s just my patriotism kicking in because of Krejčí and Pastrňák.

In West I cheer for Sharks. Because Hertl and they never won. Not caring about Thornton in either a negative or a positive way.

ON A VENGEFUL NOTE, LET’S FLOOD THE TD GARDEN WITH TEARS, PISS AND OTHER BODILY FLUIDS OF BRUINS FANS IF THE TIME COMES.

Last edited:

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Boston might be the only team I truly hate in the NHL.

Anyone who cheers for Marchand is trash, and any team that will have him , is trash. Slewfoot headhsot piece of shit who needs to be handled. Take that how you will.

I'm not sure who we match up better against, but I don't want to play Boston, because I want them to have zero chance of advancing as long as that human trash is on their team. I know that if our PP doesn't lean to score, he and his teammates will take liberties and be open to penalties. Their PP is good, and that team will absolutely to cheap dirty shit to try and provoke a response. Trash team , trash players, and trash play. Not looking forward to that series and the dirty play it would bring.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
will never forget this game

All I get from this vid is that clearly our PP sucked :sarcasm: (seriously, don't know how many PPG we got but there was at least 4 with no goals including a 2 min 2 nan advantage)

Also, I remember Gleason epically trolling that whole team...get them all worked up for a fight and just stand there stone-faced!!!

Oh, and the announcers were idiots - "every Boston contact is a penalty"...well yea when you're making goon hits from behind and to the face and try starting fights. Of course the penalties were one-sided, they were trying to goon it up and the refs got tired of it and were actually maintaining control of the game (unlike now where they let it sometimes get dangerously out of hand)

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Isn't it awesome that teams still battling to get over 2nd round are basically destroying each others while Jerks rest?

It sure seems stars are getting aligned.
il_340x270.1798750245_mwoh.jpg

I can Phil it for Caroline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad