Patrick Laine injured in pre-season game after knee on knee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mar 26, 2010

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Is the guy supposed to move his leg and let Laine skate right by? His leg was already there and Laine skated right into it. How dare he not move away for the greatest franchise on earth!!

Especially when Laine’s got his feet 6 feet apart, and tries to avoid him without really moving his lower body. I feel for Laine and Habs fans, but I don’t really see what Pare’s supposed to do when Laine basically tried to skate through him as if he wasn’t there. It’s not like Laine’s trying to jump out of the way and Pare sticks his leg out to catch a piece. Laine was always going to cause a leg on leg collision. Pare’s slight turn definitely made it worse, but it was a pretty normal reaction trying to play the body on the guy trying to go by.

Xhekaj should be suspended.

There is precedent of it being suspendable, but you never know with the clown show that is player safety

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Pare changes his angle at the last second, you can see it if you watch the replay very slowly. However, Laine is the one extending his leg trying to enter the zone with a player there. There really is shared responsibility here, from my perspective. You don't want to see a star player hurt. Xhekaj was right to go after him, but clearly lost his cool and may have to face some discipline for it. Probably representative of how many Habs fans felt. I get it.

Hope its not too bad for Laine.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Laine had the puck. There are two refs on the ice. How could none of them call a penalty on that?

This is ridiculous.
NHL looked pretty bad last regular season. Countless boring as well as poorly officiated games. Worst first round of action anyone can remember.
Heated up in second round thru finals.
Even for pre season , what I have watched has looked ......quite frankly......terribly boring. Wondering how this season will go.

Last edited:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Unfortunate play but at what point does it become the responsibility of the player to protect himself? He’s leaving that leg hanging out there like I did with my laundry this afternoon.
Yeah laine deserves some culpability here. This is the reason why a 2nd was attached to laine in the trade. Just a high probability of it not working out, laine couldn’t even get to the season opener….experiment over habs fans. Draft the 2nd rd pick well

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Yeah, bleu, blanc et rouge coloured glasses. Though you are right about Xhekaj. Solid guy.
Zero question he lunges
I think it is hilarious to call someone else a scrub when Xhekaj is an AHLer on most teams.
guess it’s hilarious that most of the excuses for Pare is that he’s too shitty of a hockey player to have made a non-douche bag play and that 31 teams would love to have Arber on their team

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
X is a goon. He won’t be running around when Montreal plays Toronto with Reaves on the ice. This is exactly why Toronto went out and got Ryan Reaves, Smart move.

The hit did not look like an intentional hit at all. Hopefully Laine is OK, as he is an elite goal scorer when he is playing his game.
Yep. Xhekaj was extremely quiet in the regular season against the Sens too. He's always tough in pre-season when he's playing against kids and rookies, but disappears in the regular season when he's playing against men.

• Haha
Reactions: dukeofjive

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Just trying to slow Laine down, in traffic. You can see from the pic that Pare caught Laine with his upper shin and that Pare's whole knee in white is visible. Looks like Xhekaj will be getting suspended though. Expect 10+ games.
I hope Jackeye avoids suspension and we can to see him first game of the season. Suspend him after that game if they wish.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Is that why the fight against Cooke in the first period of what turned out to be his final game was the first of his NHL career? You'd think if he was such a dirty player back in 2004, as you claim, someone would have taken offense to it long before the Canucks waited almost a month to fight him in the 2nd game they played against the Avs after his hit on Naslund (which, for the record, was unpenalized, deemed legal upon review by the league, and called clean by Naslund). You'd also think that someone throwing a lot of questionable hits, as you claim, would result in more than 32 PIMs over the 56 games he played prior to the Canucks finally taking him to task.
Just because something isn't a penalty doesn't mean it's not a chickenshit play

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Had he played against TTOE, he likely wouldn’t put himself in the situation in a pre-season game. He's pretty smart, usually has head up, is aware of what’s going on, and isn’t try to prove his worth.
Even the most aware players on the ice can’t do anything about someone who put the knee out on them. That’s why it’s so dangerous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad