2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010

Ovie made 10 million in salary last year. 9.5 AAV cap hit.

The current top teams all signed their star players when salaries where lower or when back diving deals were still begrudgingly tolerated. Crosby makes 95 mil out of 104 mil in his first 9 years for 10.5 aav, then three dummy years lower the cap hit to 8.7.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Bettman was born in 1952. The Islanders were born in 1972.

Didn't realize he was that old when it happened, but the way I've heard him tell the story on the podcast he used to do weekly, he grew up with the Rangers, even doing homework while watching practices, but he when the Islanders came along he leapt over to them because he was always intimidated by the older fans who had so much more knowledge of the team's history than he did, and with the Islanders as a new team he knew that while there would be people his equal in knowledge of the team, no one would ever have more.

He's also said that he renounced all allegiances when he took the job and these days only roots for the refs to have a good game. His only active rooting interest is Cornell- he apparently still tries to watch most of their games.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Anybody else have an issue with Blues assistant Steve Ott chirping Zuccarello in today's game? As a general rule, I don't think coaches should be allowed to talk to players on the other team. It's bad form. It's not like they can "work it out on the ice."

If I were an NHL referee, I'd give away unsportsmanlike conduct penalties like they were candy. An assistant coach chirps an opposing player? Two for unsportsmanlike. A player intentionally steps on an opponent's stick before a faceoff, breaking it? Two for unsportsmanlike. Licking a guy? Two for unsportsmanlike. Basically, anything Marchand does. Two for unsportsmanlike.

Last edited:

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
i didn't really follow closely at all, but wasn't Bettman and co a big part of the reason the Islanders have to play in Barclays for the rest of the postseason? if that's true, that's an odd way of supporting them lol

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
gotta say i'm enjoying double OT playoff hockey MUCH MORE now that it's not my team's season on the line

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad