2019 Off-Season Non-Management Thread - Canucks/Boeser talking 4-5 years, $7m AAV - Kypreos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
this is one draft where there is pressure to do something exciting.

it seems to me they will start the hype train today or tomorrow with a preliminary move to create some buzz.

And that's what scares me. If this draft was in any other city I don't think there'd be the same pressure, and you can't base your decisions on where a draft is held.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Unless Byram falls, I wouldn't bother. Would probably cost us the 40th overall to move up four spots.

Agreed. That's probably what Detroit would demand and from a statistical value basis it's an overpayment so the Canucks had better feel confident that the guy they want at #6 is a steal.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
And that's what scares me. If this draft was in any other city I don't think there'd be the same pressure, and you can't base your decisions on where a draft is held.

i am not sure a kick in the pants to make some moves is not a good thing in terms of forcing them to shake up their roster a little. if they are smart, they already have a trade banked and ready to be announced to take some pressure off themselves to get something done.

the part that worries me is the kid they draft is going to get a ton of fame and scrutiny for a 10oa pick and that might impact who they draft.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I think they'd trade up to 6 OA and hope one of Byram or Zegras is there. Maybe Dach.

Or maybe they're just trying to trade up to make sure they get Broberg.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
If the price is reasonable (AKA no giving up Pettersson/Boeser/Horvat/Hughes), I'm actually on board with trading up for Byram. He's a stud and you can't acquire that kind of player outside of drafting him.

Is there a chance we slowly leapfrog out way up the draft?

Lucic (w/ agreement to waive NMC for expansion draft) + 8 OA + Pulju for Eriksson + 10 OA

8 OA + 40 OA for 6 OA

6 OA + Tanev for 4 OA

Likely a pipedream but if there's a chance to acquire Byram we should be investigating fully

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
JD absolutely has sources, he's a contributor at the Athletic and is often on 1040. He's surrounded by people in the industry.
ok sure but he doesnt even know who they were talking too. "Likely Detroit" is not a credible rumor

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
probably gave the info to the other tool that put that in writing.

Not getting much credibility with these types of reports
It's hilarious that you think someone whose worked himself up for years to get in the industry would just blatantly make something up and threaten to lose all his credibility.

I'm not getting into this Miller for 9th crap again, but I know JD and he doesn't just make shit up.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
If the Canucks wanted to be higher in the draft so badly, they probably should've actually given minutes to younger players and prospects instead of riding Markstrom every game and playing Edler 27 minutes a night over the last few months of the season.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Ideally in this shit scenario we're in. I'd be up for the following:

Trade Tanev for Marleau, 1st, and 2nd
Trade 10th OA + 1st + Virtanen for the 4 or 5
Draft Byram

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
in the mundane real world, jd burke would know the analyst at the canucks who has done a report to the gm on how likely the teams higher up in the draft would be to swap and what they might want. the analyst would have an opinion on which team is most likely to bite, and would also know for a fact that the canucks are going to at least test the waters on moving up. the analyst might even get follow up questions from the gm about certain teams. instant story.

but in the exciting world of hockey rumours, i prefer to think yzerman called burke personally on a burner phone to give him the story and then texted holland the code word for the broberg squeeze to begin.

Reactions: Nomobo and sting101

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's hilarious that you think someone whose worked himself up for years to get in the industry would just blatantly make something up and threaten to lose all his credibility.

I'm not getting into this Miller for 9th crap again, but I know JD and he doesn't just make **** up.
at least we agree Miller for 9th was crap.

whatever. he can say things like this i just dont see the point when its so vague. Reports are Benning is trying to do anything to create a splash and make an imapct and have some buzz for next year. Not exactly big news

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Boy, the blase way some people react to rumours in this thread makes you wonder why they waste their time here. If "stuff is obviously happening d'uh what GM wouldn't be exploring", then what is the appeal of this thread? Just killing time?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Good luck with this idea of moving up, especially with Detroit! They are rebuilding too so why on earth would they move back? Also, we don’t have the assets that most would covet to move up onto that 4-7 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad