Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Why release injury information on our most valuable player just before playoffs? Do you WANT him to be targeted..

Releasing information would soothe the anxieties of fans though and make them all even-tempered and rational.... right?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
One thing is for sure - tomorrows morning skate will be the most interesting ALL YEAR.

tenor.gif

Me, when they say Nate is skating and is fine:

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
For the Avs "fine" is the day to day which turns to week to week etc...
Yes normally that’s the case for official announcement , but it would be very hard to convince me that Gabe didn’t know a little bit of what happened. Even if it’s when Mack was pulled or after the game in the locker room. I can’t imagine Gabe not asking a trainer or staff if Mack was okay. If it was something serious Gabe I’d think he’d know and I’d doubt he’d say “I’m sure he’s fine”. This is just me trying to read into the situation.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Do you have any idea how many people stand above Jared Bednar’s head?

Whether he knows this information or not, he isn’t going against his bosses and releasing it when they clearly don’t want him to. Relax.
My comment goes for Sakic and the owner as well.

I'm ok with not releasing the injury although I think that is way overplay by the team but a much more accurate timeline on all our injuries is not too much to ask for.

I'll relax when I'm good and ready for it.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Why release injury information on our most valuable player just before playoffs? Do you WANT him to be targeted..
Players being targeted because of previous injuries is pretty close to being a myth.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Didn't travel with the team. Typical Avs. We learned at game time the other day that he'd not play and now he's missing at least 2 weeks and we have no clue what's happening.

Wilson once left practice for no apparent reason according to journalists who were there and he never came back. No one felt the need to tell us what happened.

It's classified.

person-being-abducted-front-his-260nw-213109381.jpg

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They should release specific injuries with specific timelines. The targeting stuff is just a convenient excuse used by teams who don't want to make anything public. How does one target a healed broken foot (supposedly Landeskog's injury) or something related to the shoulder/collarbone (Rantanen)? It's not like teams would now try to finish every check on Rantanen as opposed to if there wasn't an injury.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It doesn’t need to be specific info on the injury. Lower body/upper body is fine this time of year. But the issue to me is, like @The Kingslayer said, not giving an actual timetable for the players. Give us 2-4 weeks or whatever, not day to day or week to week. Generally day to day implies the player has a minor injury that would result in missing 2-4 games, but when they say day to day and it turns out to be a month, it gives the impression either they’re lying about the actual time or our medical staff got their medical license out of a cereal box.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Good lord, Dater continues to devolve into a complete clownf*** with that slewfoot story. Removing "Colorado Hockey *disgusting mouth sound*" from my news feed immediately and getting back to meditating... I'm visualizing MacKinnon in the lineup next game. Mind over matter and all that

Matt Roberts

May 26, 2019
One other note on Bednar's interview- he did state they left an extra member of the training staff back in Denver while they went on this road trip to try speed up the recovery process for a few of these guys. He used the phrase "speed up" a couple of times, so it sounds like they're getting close and the organization is working with some urgency to get them into the lineup.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Bednar: "Ladies and Gentlemen I have an update on Mack. He has either a LBI or an UBI. He may or may not miss some games. He will be re-evaluated every day until the next game he plays which should be in the near future or not.. Oh and I can confirm that he is alive.............for now. I'll inform you when I know more. Thank you."

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Part of me wants to vomit if MacKinnon was injured long term, but then again, we won everything in 2001 without Peter Forsberg

We have a solid team once people are back and it’s all very doable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad