Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Its definitely doable and I like the optimism, but it’s really hard to compare this team with that 01 team. They still had Sakic to mitigate the loss a bit, plus an elite defense with Foote, Bourque and Blake plus arguably the best goalie in NHL history, not to mention the drive they had to win Ray a cup.

Don’t get me wrong, this is easily the best team we’ve had since 01 but I don’t feel like they are comparable.

Yeaaaaahhh...I agree. That '01 team was stacked to be sure, but when Forsberg went down, he was not the Avs' best player. Sakic was. In fact he was hands down the best player in the entire frickin' league that season, and was justly rewarded with a Hart Trophy after the season.

In any event, I don't want to tamp down any enthusiasm for this squad. It's been a frustrating-as-all-hell stretch but this has still been a super-fun season of hockey to watch.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
There is always a silver lining if one is willing to look hard enough. If Mack is out for even just one game he will be getting some rest that we all know he needs before the playoffs start.

Now back to regular programming: "We are doomed! Tank for Laf."

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The lineup situation was super weird last night. No one had any idea what was going on. Even the broadcast had both Kaut and Zadorov as scratched like 2/3 minutes before the game started, then Zadorov ended up playing.

Yeah, seeing Z totally took me by surprise. I kept looking at the screen to be 100% certain it was him on the ice.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There is always a silver lining if one is willing to look hard enough. If Mack is out for even just one game he will be getting some rest that we all know he needs before the playoffs start.

Now back to regular programming: "We are doomed! Tank for Laf."

Fun fact, as least I think it's a fun fact:
You can either say "Last for Lafreniere" or use the French word for "Last" (dernière) which I'm told actually rhymes with "Lafreniere."

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You can either say "Last for Lafreniere" or use the French word for "Last" (dernière) which I'm told actually rhymes with "Lafreniere."
Play like derrière for Lafriniere? Depending on your pronunciation lol.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
Yeaaaaahhh...I agree. That '01 team was stacked to be sure, but when Forsberg went down, he was not the Avs' best player. Sakic was. In fact he was hands down the best player in the entire frickin' league that season, and was justly rewarded with a Hart Trophy after the season.

In any event, I don't want to tamp down any enthusiasm for this squad. It's been a frustrating-as-all-hell stretch but this has still been a super-fun season of hockey to watch.
I remember being at the playoff game against St. Louis after Forsberg went down and I was worried we were going to have issues without him. Blues fell on the puck in the crease and Super Joe took the penalty shot and scored - Pepsi Center went absolutely nuts. And then I remembered we had Super Joe and it was going to be ok.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah that is correct about the French rhyme.

Those two sound better than mine. Lol

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Just ran into Makar, Grubauer, and Rantanen at Chipotle. Didn't talk to any of them because I don't want to annoy them, but they all looked fine. No casts, no splints, no limps. Rantanen looked like he was battling a sickness of some sort, but that's about it. I think Grubauer knew I knew who they were because he kept looking over at me, so I gave him a head nod and returned the favor.

Also, Grubauer is 100% one of those fedora people.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Only a week, or two away from this man helping lead the charge into the postseason.

Or three, or four...

Just ran into Makar, Grubauer, and Rantanen at Chipotle. Didn't talk to any of them because I don't want to annoy them, but they all looked fine. No casts, no splints, no limps. Rantanen looked like he was battling a sickness of some sort, but that's about it. I think Grubauer knew I knew who they were because he kept looking over at me, so I gave him a head nod and returned the favor.

They are eating at Chipotle? Might as well inject covid19 straight into your left ventricle!

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

That's probably for eating at Chipotle

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

#insiderrrr

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Grubauer is 100% one of those fedora people.
EKvOHNUUEAAOpPr

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I actually really do love Mexican food just not a Chipotle fan
I've found it's decent in a pinch. Plus it's cheap if you order right. And this is the second time I've seen Avs players there this season. Still waiting to see Nate, but so far Calvert, Burky, Makar, Grubauer, and Rantanen have all been there when I've been there...

Wait. Oh my God, Chipotle is injuring our players.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

On a scale of 1 to Makar, how rosy were Cale’s cheeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad