Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Came in here for an injury update, got lots of banter about bad "Mexican" food.

chang-community-ill-allow-it-mexican-hat-school-1432338133h.gif

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Just ran into Makar, Grubauer, and Rantanen at Chipotle. Didn't talk to any of them because I don't want to annoy them, but they all looked fine. No casts, no splints, no limps. Rantanen looked like he was battling a sickness of some sort, but that's about it. I think Grubauer knew I knew who they were because he kept looking over at me, so I gave him a head nod and returned the favor.

Also, Grubauer is 100% one of those fedora people.
Thanks papa Franc... that must’ve been cool. Should have been a post for the corona thread

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nothing touches Broken Spanish in LA for Mexican food... even any place in Mexico City.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Haha. After I moved to Denver I took 3 years to take the kids to casa Bonita. I'd heard about how amazing the place was but how atrocious the food is. Nothing prepared me for the slop they shove out through the hatch of nightmares though. Good Lord. Inedible, expensive gruel. The place was dope though and the sopapillas were a pleasant surprise. My kids loved it. My 6 year old at the time said the best thing when asked what she thought about Casa Bonita: "this place is awesome but the food is r**arded". Out of the mouth of babes...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hah...it's so funny how poorly regarded the food is there. I swear they make it that bad on purpose because they want to keep the rep up.

I had a birthday party there back when I was maybe 9 or so, maybe younger. I don't recall loving or hating the food back then, it was all about the show anyway.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
On not giving us timelines:

The fact is, with many injuries they probably don't give a timeline because they don't know. It would be nice to get exact dates for players' returns, but the human body doesn't work like that. What takes one guy a week to recover from, another guy might take a month. And it's not like the Avs never tell us anything. They don't tend to reveal the exact injury, but when they know from the start that it's long-term, they generally tell us (Wilson is of course the exception, but that's out of respect to his family).

I suspect that for the "day to day" guys, they genuinely don't know when they'll be ready to play. Look at Bura. He came back for one game and has been out since. I think it's clear at this time of the year they're not actually aiming for 100% healthy. For 100% they could probably give an actual timeline. But what about "healthy enough to play"? That's probably a much harder thing to quantify. So when they say day-to-day, I take that to mean that the player could wake up tomorrow feeling better and play that night, but he might also feel worse and be out for two more weeks. It seems like some of you want them to always give the worst case scenario number, but what if the worst case scenario is out for the season, yet they actually return after three games?

What I suspect is that even if all our guys come back, they'll still not be 100% healthy, and this offseason will be full of news about the nagging injury they played with during the playoffs. I would be shocked to see multiple off-season surgeries.

On players being targeted:

I totally agree with not saying what MacKinnon's injury is. You can claim all you want he'll be targeted anyway, but will they target the specific area of his injury if they don't know. What if it's his right thigh (for example)? If they know that, I could foresee lots of little jabs and stick taps there, if not worse. If they don't know that, they'll just commit all the usual un-called penalties on him.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Any guesses on when Kadri will be back? I know he’s skating now, so would Friday be a good guess?

Well a guess... based on them sending Dries and Kaut back to the Eagles... is that they expect two of the injured players back tomorrow, and Kadri seems to be the closest to returning. Of course they could end up doing another emergency call up tomorrow. If Mack is out and with Dries and Kaut back in Loveland, if no one else is returning tomorrow they'd be two forwards short.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
On not giving us timelines:

The fact is, with many injuries they probably don't give a timeline because they don't know. It would be nice to get exact dates for players' returns, but the human body doesn't work like that. What takes one guy a week to recover from, another guy might take a month. And it's not like the Avs never tell us anything. They don't tend to reveal the exact injury, but when they know from the start that it's long-term, they generally tell us (Wilson is of course the exception, but that's out of respect to his family).

I suspect that for the "day to day" guys, they genuinely don't know when they'll be ready to play. Look at Bura. He came back for one game and has been out since. I think it's clear at this time of the year they're not actually aiming for 100% healthy. For 100% they could probably give an actual timeline. But what about "healthy enough to play"? That's probably a much harder thing to quantify. So when they say day-to-day, I take that to mean that the player could wake up tomorrow feeling better and play that night, but he might also feel worse and be out for two more weeks. It seems like some of you want them to always give the worst case scenario number, but what if the worst case scenario is out for the season, yet they actually return after three games?

What I suspect is that even if all our guys come back, they'll still not be 100% healthy, and this offseason will be full of news about the nagging injury they played with during the playoffs. I would be shocked to see multiple off-season surgeries.

On players being targeted:

I totally agree with not saying what MacKinnon's injury is. You can claim all you want he'll be targeted anyway, but will they target the specific area of his injury if they don't know. What if it's his right thigh (for example)? If they know that, I could foresee lots of little jabs and stick taps there, if not worse. If they don't know that, they'll just commit all the usual un-called penalties on him.
Avs shit regarding injuries would not fly in a hockey market. But thanks to our inept media we are left in the dark.

Avs best estimates being always so far off does not instill confience either in the medical staff ability to get players ready to play.

Maybe they don’t know what d2d is. D2d is a guy could play next game or very soon. It’s not we are tracking his progress day-to-day but he won’t be back for weeks. At this rate every injury should be d2d because one day you can’t play and then another you can so...

Avs are the worst at communicating with fans. Just last game our own media didn’t know who was scratched and who wasn’t.:facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: klozge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad