Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Part of me wants to vomit if MacKinnon was injured long term, but then again, we won everything in 2001 without Peter Forsberg

We have a solid team once people are back and it’s all very doable

Its definitely doable and I like the optimism, but it’s really hard to compare this team with that 01 team. They still had Sakic to mitigate the loss a bit, plus an elite defense with Foote, Bourque and Blake plus arguably the best goalie in NHL history, not to mention the drive they had to win Ray a cup.

Don’t get me wrong, this is easily the best team we’ve had since 01 but I don’t feel like they are comparable.

Reactions: missionAvs

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
I don't really get the anger about not being transparent about injuries. Does it really matter whether you know? The date Mack returns is the same regardless of if you know or not. He'll be back when he is back. Knowing won't speed up his recovery, so just be patient.

Well, yeah, but people like to have some expectations. That's not unreasonable. They announce when they are going to play hockey games instead of just saying "we'll play when we play"

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So, that’s all the injured players practicing except for MacKinnon and Wilson.

As long as the MacKinnon injury isn’t too bad, the Ave are looking pretty good.

The guys will need some time to skate, but we could be looking at a healthy lineup save Wilson in about, what, a week and half?

RIP my panicked post from last night.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Friend of mine snapped a top secret pic at the Avs facility this morning:

ZCuLFQA.jpg
Amazing job!

Poor Wilson, he’s even left out of our jokes.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Bednar: "Ladies and Gentlemen I have an update on Mack. He has either a LBI or an UBI. He may or may not miss some games. He will be re-evaluated every day until the next game he plays which should be in the near future or not.. Oh and I can confirm that he is alive.............for now. I'll inform you when I know more. Thank you."

Bednar: "Now, concerning what you're all waiting for - an update on Colin Wilson - I regret to inform you that he is on his deathbed once more after a brief resurrection by a class 2 dungeons & dragons wizard. He indulged in one too many tubs of Ben and Jerries "half baked" ice cream and slipped into a pleasure-induced coma. His last words praised the Avalanche twitter relationship with the Carolina Hurricanes."

Reactions: McMetal

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Bednar: "Now, concerning what you're all waiting for - an update on Colin Wilson - I regret to inform you that he is on his deathbed once more after a brief resurrection by a class 2 dungeons & dragons wizard. He indulged in one too many tubs of Ben and Jerries "half baked" ice cream and slipped into a pleasure-induced coma. His last words praised the Avalanche twitter relationship with the Carolina Hurricanes."

Wizards cannot Resurrect. Priests can.

And you didn't even mention that he said he was changing his middle name to Boris.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Well, yeah, but people like to have some expectations. That's not unreasonable. They announce when they are going to play hockey games instead of just saying "we'll play when we play"
I don't disagree. I like to have expectations on players' returns too, but if I don't get it I don't get angry. It is what it is. It's what it has been for years with this organization. Getting angry over something like this is like the definition of insanity. It's not going to change a thing.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Its definitely doable and I like the optimism, but it’s really hard to compare this team with that 01 team. They still had Sakic to mitigate the loss a bit, plus an elite defense with Foote, Bourque and Blake plus arguably the best goalie in NHL history, not to mention the drive they had to win Ray a cup.

Don’t get me wrong, this is easily the best team we’ve had since 01 but I don’t feel like they are comparable.
Its apples and apples..

If Avs dont have MacK it will be the same like in 2001 without Forsberg.

Kadri=Sakic except not really
Makar, Cole, Graves = Foote, Blake, Bourque
Francouz=Roy

And the drive you mentioned is win for Wilson!

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
I don't disagree. I like to have expectations on players' returns too, but if I don't get it I don't get angry. It is what it is. It's what it has been for years with this organization. Getting angry over something like this is like the definition of insanity. It's not going to change a thing.

Those are 2 distinct thoughts. Yes, I understand that getting angry isn't going to change things and a certain amount of zen leads to mental health on the subject.

On the other hand, when shit is wrong or broken, and no one is fixing it, anger isn't an unreasonable reaction.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
What a joke last night with Bednar getting frustrated with the media asking three times about Mack. We saw your own trainer came back to the bench and talk to you so I'm sure you have a pretty good idea what the problem is so saying you have no idea is just straight up lying. Keep your f***king media and fans informed about all your injuries/timelines and they won't be asking you the same question three times in a row in the same interview. This is getting so f***king frustrating.
Avs fans getting the mushroom treatment:
Keep them in the dark and feed them shit.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don't really get the anger about not being transparent about injuries. Does it really matter whether you know? The date Mack returns is the same regardless of if you know or not. He'll be back when he is back. Knowing won't speed up his recovery, so just be patient.
Does not change recovery but might change someone mind if they want to buy tickets or not...

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
So now some of us are insane because we are angry our team doesn't provide us with some basic information that most other teams' fanbase get on a regular basis. That you think we are insane for wanting that makes you the one insane IMO.

It is absolutely normal to get angry at something while realizing it might not change anything. However if you never show to people that something they do angers you it will certainly never change.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
So now some of us are insane because we are angry our team doesn't provide us with some basic information that most other teams' fanbase get on a regular basis. That you think we are insane for wanting that makes you the one insane IMO.

It is absolutely normal to get angry at something while realizing it might not change anything. However if you never show to people that something they do angers you it will certainly never change.

Honestly, we're all probably a bit insane for how much time we dedicate to this team on HF haha. But yes, I get pissed off for a lot of what this team does.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The lack of communication is annoying to be sure. I'm not mad at Bednar for appearing to get annoyed about answering questions about MacKinnon. He answered those questions to the best of his ability.

I'm more annoyed at the lack of transparency. We shouldn't be learning from Bednar about the whole Kaut-as-emergency-callup thing. Even Altitude and the Avs' social media seemed to be in the dark about this.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The lack of communication is annoying to be sure. I'm not mad at Bednar for appearing to get annoyed about answering questions about MacKinnon. He answered those questions to the best of his ability.

I'm more annoyed at the lack of transparency. We shouldn't be learning from Bednar about the whole Kaut-as-emergency-callup thing. Even Altitude and the Avs' social media seemed to be in the dark about this.

The lineup situation was super weird last night. No one had any idea what was going on. Even the broadcast had both Kaut and Zadorov as scratched like 2/3 minutes before the game started, then Zadorov ended up playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad