Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Every time I think Dater couldn't get worse.... anything for a story right bud?

The good news, still waiting on MacKinnon's news but it sounds like everyone else will be back well before the post season.

The bad new, I have zero faith this team can stay healthy through four playoff rounds.

Bednar this morning said it wasn't a specific play that injured MacK. He was feeling it a little bit in the first, tried to play through it and then decided to shut it down. He'll be re-evaluate today but they're hoping it's not serious.

Also, sounds like some of the injured players will start taking contact tomorrow morning and we should start seeing them back in the lineup this week.

That actually sounds very encouraging. If we can get Kadri, Mikko, and Makar back it would make up a bit for missing MacKinnon for a few games.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I can't remember which game it was but do remember the Avs had a comfortable lead in it. This is was different... a not insurmountable 2 goal deficit with a valuable 2 points on the line. Don't think he was being held out for precautionary reasons here.
Considering it was the second game of a back to back and he might have had something lingering already you never know. The way Jared was talking it doesn't seem like he knows either way. I fully expect Nathan to miss the rest of the year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
WTF is this shit? LOL.

Dater is straight up lying. Someone can tell him. I can’t since he blocked me for calling him out for lying before.

Anyway Bednar just straight up said there was no individual incident that caused Mackinnon to leave the game. He went on to say a few players are banged up right now (it’s that time of year) and Mackinnon was feeling something in the first period and then took himself out of the game midway through the second.

So no, that picture isn’t what happened to Nathan Mackinnon.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just rest MacK or limit his ice time the rest of the season. He's more important for the playoffs than in that last 13 regular season games

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Bednar is hopeful it’s nothing serious. The team is still in LA (stayed overnight). Mackinnon will go through a standard evaluation when they get back to Denver. If there was a risk of something serious I’m sure he would have been checked out in LA. Think we may have dodged a bullet here. Wouldn’t shock me to see him sit a few games for some rest anyway but I don’t think there’s an actual documented injury here.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Bednar is hopeful it’s nothing serious. The team is still in San Jose (stayed overnight). Mackinnon will go through a standard evaluation when they get back to Denver. If there was a risk of something serious I’m sure he would have been checked out in SJ. Think we may have dodged a bullet here. Wouldn’t shock me to see him sit a few games for some rest anyway but I don’t think there’s an actual documented injury here.
So...that's probably not a good idea. I imagine we'll have more players with "body problems" soon.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Bednar this morning said it wasn't a specific play that injured MacK. He was feeling it a little bit in the first, tried to play through it and then decided to shut it down. He'll be re-evaluate today but they're hoping it's not serious.

Also, sounds like some of the injured players will start taking contact tomorrow morning and we should start seeing them back in the lineup this week.

That sounds pretty encouraging. Did he say that on his radio call?

We might just need to take 2-4 L’s and then get rolling again. As long as MacK isn’t too bad.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
My bad lol.
tenor.gif

Matt Roberts

May 26, 2019
Every time I think Dater couldn't get worse.... anything for a story right bud?

The good news, still waiting on MacKinnon's news but it sounds like everyone else will be back well before the post season.

The bad new, I have zero faith this team can stay healthy through four playoff rounds.

That actually sounds very encouraging. If we can get Kadri, Mikko, and Makar back it would make up a bit for missing MacKinnon for a few games.
Yeah, Bednar sounded fairly optimistic overall. That could change this afternoon, but I didn't get the impression it was a long term deal.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What a joke last night with Bednar getting frustrated with the media asking three times about Mack. We saw your own trainer came back to the bench and talk to you so I'm sure you have a pretty good idea what the problem is so saying you have no idea is just straight up lying. Keep your f***king media and fans informed about all your injuries/timelines and they won't be asking you the same question three times in a row in the same interview. This is getting so f***king frustrating.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What a joke last night with Bednar getting frustrated with the media asking three times about Mack. We saw your own trainer came back to the bench and talk to you so I'm sure you have a pretty good idea what the problem is so saying you have no idea is just straight up lying. Keep your f***king media and fans informed about all your injuries/timelines and they won't be asking you the same question three times in a row in the same interview. This is getting so f***king frustrating.
Do you have any idea how many people stand above Jared Bednar’s head?

Whether he knows this information or not, he isn’t going against his bosses and releasing it when they clearly don’t want him to. Relax.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don't really get the anger about not being transparent about injuries. Does it really matter whether you know? The date Mack returns is the same regardless of if you know or not. He'll be back when he is back. Knowing won't speed up his recovery, so just be patient.

It’s not just the not knowing. It’s the openly lying about it.

I have issues with the inaccurate timeline’s for injuries.

The Avs use day-to-day for every kind of injury. And more often than not it turns into week-to-week, but they keep calling it day-to-day.

I think the Avs know for the most part how long a player will be out, but they would prefer their fans and teams around the league think the player will be back sooner, rather than later.

Would I prefer the Avs give a timeline? Yes. But, if they were to just say the player is out indefinitely, that would at least be honest.

Last edited:

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
As tight lipped as Bednar is, it's probably a good sign that he expressed any hope that it was not serious. After Rantanen's 2nd injury he did come right out and say after the game that the injury was significant and that he'd miss a good amount of time. If there was major concern that this could be more serious Bednar would probably have been more vague and not given out any hint of optimism.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Why release injury information on our most valuable player just before playoffs? Do you WANT him to be targeted..

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I don't really get the anger about not being transparent about injuries. Does it really matter whether you know? The date Mack returns is the same regardless of if you know or not. He'll be back when he is back. Knowing won't speed up his recovery, so just be patient.

Why release injury information on our most valuable player just before playoffs? Do you WANT him to be targeted..

BBCBAFB9-8EC3-45CA-A7B7-2C76522D4E18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad