Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Wonder if the Avs handle the MacKinnon injury differently, instead of giving him the day to day designation theyll give us the news that MacKinnon is out hour to hour with a LBI and that can keep us guessing

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
giphy.gif

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
So no specific inciting event that we know of that could of caused the injury? Hopefully he just aggrevated something minor but who knows.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
So no specific inciting event that we know of that could of caused the injury? Hopefully he just aggrevated something minor but who knows.
Dater seems to think it was a slew foot:

This is the full gif... I mean, MacK seems to skate away, but his leg does bend a little unexpectedly....didn't he have an MCL strain a few years back?? Maybe he just felt a little twinge and they felt it better to keep him out for precautionary reasons.

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I was wondering when Nate would get hurt. I mean, it seems like the hockey gods have decided that every single important player on this team needs to get injured this season. My bet is Nichushkin goes down next.

Moving on with our lives, who else thinks it's time to try Landeskog officially at center?

Personally, here would be my lines:

Namaste - Landeskog - Donskoi
Jost - Compher - Nichushkin
Nieto - Bellemare - O'Connor
???* - Kamenev - ???*

*??? = Who the f*** cares because they'll probably only get 5 minutes a game

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I was wondering when Nate would get hurt. I mean, it seems like the hockey gods have decided that every single important player on this team needs to get injured this season. My bet is Nichushkin goes down next.

Moving on with our lives, who else thinks it's time to try Landeskog officially at center?

Personally, here would be my lines:

Namaste - Landeskog - Donskoi
Jost - Compher - Nichushkin
Nieto - Bellemare - O'Connor
???* - Kamenev - ???*

*??? = Who the f*** cares because they'll probably only get 5 minutes a game

With MacKinnon out, Kaut needs to be elevated to a top-6 role. The Avs need some kind of player with promise/ability up there.

I said it in the GDT, but I’m a no for Landy at Centre. I don’t want to mess his game up for when reinforcements come back, just so we can lose 4-2 instead of 5-2.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I mean, something has to give here eventually. The Avs are losing someone every game. They deserve some luck with the MacKinnon injury, hopefully it's just precautionary. If there is something bothering him, just keep him out until the playoffs at this point, because the Avs sans-MacKinnon are a completely different team.

Also, you don't move Landeskog to centre. Either Namestnikov or Compher will probably centre the top line if he's out. Yikes.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
We're a long way from definitive proof there.
f*** yeah, and I'm not jumping on board, and on that train. But when our organization is all cloak and dagger on every injury, and possible return timeline then it draws us to reach out and look for any kind of information that may be out there. I don't know exactly when that happened and how many more shifts he skated after that seemingly harmless interaction. It sure as heck doesn't look like a slew foot to me.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
With MacKinnon out, Kaut needs to be elevated to a top-6 role. The Avs need some kind of player with promise/ability up there.

I said it in the GDT, but I’m a no for Landy at Centre. I don’t want to mess his game up for when reinforcements come back, just so we can lose 4-2 instead of 5-2.

If they're willing to play him, I'd put Kaut in O'Connor's place and move him up in the lineup if he's playing well.

As for Landy as centre, c'mon guys - he already plays a lot of the role when he's with MacKinnon. He's good on faceoffs, and can handle himself down low in the defensive zone. I also noticed in the last game once MacKinnon was out Landy was attacking the middle of the ice more like he was already a center. I don't think it will hurt his game at all to play there, and if he thrives maybe you keep him there until both MacKinnon and Kadri are back. It would also be great to know if he's comfortable in that role because down the line he could fill in at center or even move there permanently later in his career. I think a 32+ Landy would make a great 3rd line center.

Matt Roberts

May 26, 2019
f*** yeah, and I'm not jumping on board, and on that train. But when our organization is all cloak and dagger on every injury, and possible return timeline then it draws us to reach out and look for any kind of information that may be out there. I don't know exactly when that happened and how many more shifts he skated after that seemingly harmless interaction. It sure as heck doesn't look like a slew foot to me.
Yeah, that looks like Dater making up a story again. MacK took a weird hop/step before he made that feed to Landeskog on the PP midway through the 2nd too. And it could have been something lingering coming into the game that got worse. Who knows at this point? But I agree with you, that's not a slew foot.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
If you listen to Gabe at the end of him talking to the media he does say “idk, I haven’t seen the guy but I’m sure it’s fine”.

it could very well be it’s just a canned answer but he didn’t seem overly worried. You’d think the captain would know if it was someone pretty serious.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Man the games had been getting so boring lately with this roster. I’m not even sure I can watch this team without Mack on it.

Reactions: Nihiliste
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad